Powered by Outside

What bike is good for whistler

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What bike is good for whistler
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 20:56 Quote
Giants 2010 Faith would suit you perfectly and its at a reasonable price range!

Posted: Jan 3, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
You could buy my 2008 team dh for 2700 Smile Razz

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 20:52 Quote
Would a trek remedy 9 frame wwith a fox dhx air 5.0 and a dh build be strong enough to handle some time in whistler?

Thanks,
Zac

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 20:58 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
Would a trek remedy 9 frame wwith a fox dhx air 5.0 and a dh build be strong enough to handle some time in whistler?

Thanks,
Zac

Probably.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:00 Quote
Ummm ya...people ride hardtails in whistler and that is a qaulity bike.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:01 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:

The hardtails found in whistler are probably stronger than a Trek Remedy, though.

WhistlerRocks, you're just concerned about the actual strength of the bike, right? That's what I'd be concerned about. Remedy's aren't exactly overbuilt...

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:02 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:

Thanks,
Zac
I'm guessing it would be just fine for the odd day up there but if you're going to be there regularly I'd say a Scratch would be a better bet.

Depends on how heavy/old/riding style/etc. though and this post is purely speculative.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:03 Quote
corsair711 wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

The hardtails found in whistler are probably stronger than a Trek Remedy, though.

WhistlerRocks, you're just concerned about the actual strength of the bike, right? That's what I'd be concerned about. Remedy's aren't exactly overbuilt...
My friend rode a stock 2007 sasqautch in whistler with zero problems

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:04 Quote
yah cause the build is sick! It has all 10' saint compenetry single ring up front with a rockshox lyrik solo air, which I;ve never ridden (ive only owned fox) and a dhx air 5.0 rear 09 which is what I rode in whistler last year. Just wondering, cuase my dh bike recently got stolen this week and I need something awesome before the end of june!
Any suggestions on bikes?

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:04 Quote
you can shred a remedy easy at whistler. Just check your wheels and bolts after every ride like you should and you will be a-okay.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:05 Quote
Seriously, I wanna go to Whistler. Sounds like a bike killer. Maybe I can get a warranty frame from there.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
corsair711 wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

My friend rode a stock 2007 sasqautch in whistler with zero problems

A Sasquatch frame is probably gonna be stronger than a Remedy.

I know a guy who rides his Remedy HARD, and he's gone through a few warranty frames, so I'd be relatively nervous.

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 21:17 Quote
It's between that or my bike that got stolen which was a Giant Reign X. I can get a good deal on an 09 X0 from my lbs but I'd have to upgrade some parts which would make it more expensive. First of all, would 150mm in the back be enough? Cause I dont want to have to be cautious once I get on the hill afraid the will snap. and I'm only about 110 pounds so that might change things? Is it a big jump from 170mm from the reign x to 150mm on the remedy?

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2010 at 22:45 Quote
WhistlerRocks wrote:
anyone?

150mm should be adequate at Whistler, it obviously depends on the trails you choose to ride though.

And I wouldn't worry about the frame breaking if you're that light. I'd be concerned if you were riding there every day all season, but I very, very highly doubt anything happens just on a trip there.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011381
Mobile Version of Website