Trek Slash 2021 ?

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Slash 2021 ?
Posted: Oct 5, 2023 at 14:16 Quote
Running the same shox on my Slash 8 along with the 65mm stroke, and it's fine for me. My bike is a M/L, so might clearance than say a small. Took me two springs to get the right rate, but the rockshox springs are cheap.

Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 7:56 Quote
Hi guys! Newbie on the trek slash. I'm looking at upgrading my enduro bike (2016 lapierre spicy 327) and found a shop here in PH selling a new Slash 8 GX Matte Hex Blue for around 2700 USD (Listed as $3650 in the trek website)

I think it's a very nice price. Do you guys a slash 8 is still worth getting given the new slash is out and lots of other bike brands out there.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 10:47 Quote
rixxfpv wrote:
Hi guys! Newbie on the trek slash. I'm looking at upgrading my enduro bike (2016 lapierre spicy 327) and found a shop here in PH selling a new Slash 8 GX Matte Hex Blue for around 2700 USD (Listed as $3650 in the trek website)

I think it's a very nice price. Do you guys a slash 8 is still worth getting given the new slash is out and lots of other bike brands out there.

I think even with the new slash model coming out, it remains a great bike (to some extent depending on what your local riding is like). I've had three seasons now on my slash 8, and have made some upgrades (primarily due to breaking parts but nothing out of the ordinary for me or that would cause concern). I think the one thing I'd say as someone on the taller end of the spectrum (6'3"/190cm) is I do find myself wishing for a slightly higher stack height but I don't think there are many better options out there.

Frankly, my main issue is stopping myself from buying a new bike because nothing that's come out since the 2021 model has really compelled me enough to switch, and nothing on this bike has given me reason to update.

Posted: Oct 11, 2023 at 16:39 Quote
Has anyone replaced their original Super Deluxe Thru Shaft Ultimate with the new vivid ultimate (special tune for slash 2021) ?
how is it?

Posted: Oct 12, 2023 at 3:55 Quote
i-kerr wrote:
rixxfpv wrote:

I think even with the new slash model coming out, it remains a great bike (to some extent depending on what your local riding is like). I've had three seasons now on my slash 8, and have made some upgrades (primarily due to breaking parts but nothing out of the ordinary for me or that would cause concern). I think the one thing I'd say as someone on the taller end of the spectrum (6'3"/190cm) is I do find myself wishing for a slightly higher stack height but I don't think there are many better options out there.

Frankly, my main issue is stopping myself from buying a new bike because nothing that's come out since the 2021 model has really compelled me enough to switch, and nothing on this bike has given me reason to update.

Got it! I actually just went with the purchase as when I checked the store, there's only 1 stock remaining for medium (I'm 5'6) Quite excited for the bike to arrive! Since it's a massive upgrade to my current bike frame wise, and component wise.

Not sure with the Code R's tho, I might try them for a while or else I'll switch them out for maguras.

Also just checked and I don't think it comes with the ThruShaft rearshock.. Is it a good thing or not? Smile

My normal riding is more on jump trails here in my local trail, and occasional gravity session (blue to black diamond) twice a month / every weekend.

Posted: Oct 14, 2023 at 16:09 Quote
rixxfpv wrote:

I have the 2022 Trek Slash 8. I paid $2700 last year since it was a demo bike. It's great for going downhill. It really boosts confidence. I find myself taking lines I wouldn't consider on a shorter travel trail bike. I have made some upgrades : Push HC97 damper in the Lyrik, Code RSC brakes. It climbs pretty good on logging roads with the climb switch. It climbs ok on trails without the climb switch. It is a more of a sit and spin climber, if you get out of the saddle it bobs quite a bit. That being said I don't think anyone would buy this bike for climbing. My other bike is a carbon Kona Process 134 and I really prefer the Slash for steep, technical trails. It also is pretty good for jumps. However most days I go for the Kona because it's a much better climber and a lot of fun on most trails.

Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
I have Gen 5 carbon Slash size L and I need longer dropper post. Now it has 170mm Bontrager Line Elite post. I tried 200mm Line Elite, but it is too long. What 200mm dropper post has shortest insert? My saddle height is 34 cm from collar, 110cm from ground.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2023 at 23:00 Quote
lieska wrote:
I have Gen 5 carbon Slash size L and I need longer dropper post. Now it has 170mm Bontrager Line Elite post. I tried 200mm Line Elite, but it is too long. What 200mm dropper post has shortest insert? My saddle height is 34 cm from collar, 110cm from ground.

Check out the OneUp.

Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
lieska wrote:

Bontrager Line 200 has a max insertion of 319 mm

better options are:

- PNW Loam Dropper 200mm -> max insertion 290 mm with the same travel as bontrager
- OneUp has this tool to see which length is suitable

https://eu.oneupcomponents.com/pages/dropper-post-length-selector

I actually ride the PNW Post as slammed as possible in a Gen5 9.8 size L Slash -> The top of the seatpost outer tube is about 2 to 2.5 cm above the seat clamp

Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 13:41 Quote
I just looked up the oneup for myself- the 210MM dropper has a 297MM insertion depth.

Posted: Nov 9, 2023 at 13:46 Quote
ICKYBOD wrote:
I just looked up the oneup for myself- the 210MM dropper has a 297MM insertion depth.

The trick with bikes like the slash & stumpy evo is to run a smaller diameter post with a shim, it generates a bit more room.

Posted: Nov 12, 2023 at 3:17 Quote
HeatedRotor wrote:
ICKYBOD wrote:

The trick with bikes like the slash & stumpy evo is to run a smaller diameter post with a shim, it generates a bit more room.

How much more room?
I have a 200mm bontrager post and it bottoms out in the frame with 3-4 inches of post sticking out. Would a smalller diameter increase insertion depth?

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 8:05 Quote
spongybrakes wrote:
How many tokens are people out there running in their super deluxe thrushaft? Just curious if one is enough with this much of a progression curve to cure harsh bottoms.

I was running 2 and the gnar dog 2.5. I am 205 with gear and had very harsh bottom outs with none installed.

Posted: Jan 29, 2024 at 11:53 Quote
I have a 21’ trek slash (carbon large) and am currently running a bontrager 200mm dropper. I’d like to run a longer one, but insertion numbers look like I’d have issues doing so. Wondering if anyone has experience with 220mm/ 240 oneups on this bike. Thanks.

Posted: Feb 4, 2024 at 15:38 Quote
Hey guys,
bought the new Slash Gen 6 frame and wanted to get XTR Cranks. Which Q-Factor do I need?? 162mm or 168mm for a 55mm chainline?!
Never knew those numbers even existed... Thankful for any help!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012020
Mobile Version of Website