Powered by Outside

Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sub 28 Dj/Street (Scale Shots) W/Discussion (Scales Can Be Purchased @ At LPS)
Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 22:57 Quote
well i get a 2011 trek ticket signature frame new for £300 should i get that over a vimana? i want something thats gonna be stable and controllable.

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 23:11 Quote
Blegh. You guys and your low and slack frames

Posted: Feb 2, 2015 at 23:38 Quote
yeah but im not gonna be riding any street, just dirt jumps and a bit of freeride and dh.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 0:55 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
yeah but im not gonna be riding any street, just dirt jumps and a bit of freeride and dh.
Dh and freeride on any dirt/ street bike is normally a bad idea. Plus your body is going to hate you if you go hard.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 0:58 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:
Dh and freeride on any dirt/ street bike is normally a bad idea. Plus your body is going to hate you if you go hard.
I rode the top of the sea otter dh track in my dirt jumper. Not ideal by any means but it's not horrible if you have 2 brakes and the track isn't too rough.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:00 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
BuffaloSolja wrote:
I rode the top of the sea otter dh track in my dirt jumper. Not ideal by any means but it's not horrible if you have 2 brakes and the track isn't too rough.
It's definitely doable, but you wouldn't want to do anything too rough or mental. I used to race dh on my norco manik. May have been a more 'hardcore' hardtail, but my body has hated me ever since starting haha

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:01 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:

what DH tracks are you planning on riding?

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:03 Quote
It really does sound like a slope bike would be ideal for what he's trying to do, so long as he can get the funds for it.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 1:51 Quote
If he lives in the Sailsbury I'm thinking of, I don't know of any 'proper' riding to warrant anything more than a DJ bike to be fair, especially if he's a beginner.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:31 Quote
its the southern wiltshire salisbury. I go to rogate downhill and tidworth freeride which both dh/freeride trails and some big ass tables and doubles at the bottom and a pump section.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
rogate looks plenty smooth enough to be done on a DJ bike, however it might be worth looking at a slope frame anyway, it'll be just that bit easier

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:11 Quote
Ok. I was thinking about an sx trail but probably 50% of my proper riding is gonna be dirt jumps so.. And i can't really afford a slopestyle frame.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:22 Quote
BuffaloSolja wrote:
Ok. I was thinking about an sx trail but probably 50% of my proper riding is gonna be dirt jumps so.. And i can't really afford a slopestyle frame.

Pretty sure Babah's Brandal Locojoy is about £300 new

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:25 Quote
There's plenty of decent used stuff out there. I'd stay away from sx if you're gonna focus on dirt jumping since the compression tune on the shock isn't the greatest and it kinda blows through travel on transitions even at high psi and with spacers. I'm sure you could find some other cheaper slope frames used, though.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 3:32 Quote
if i got an sx trail id get an air shock

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027658
Mobile Version of Website