Powered by Outside

Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Stongest trek session 10 builders blog, bike is for cancer awareness.
Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:41 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
jpgauthier wrote:
Elixir CR.
Honestly have fun courcing paying for bleeds and even pads for the hopes and maguras.
Most shops I know only carry formula avid and Shimano bleed kits.
It would be a huge bitch.

You can buy pads and bleed kits for magura, and hope on jenson usa and pricepoint.... for 50% off too!
Pads and replacement part you need to order those in and it takes a while while as avid they usually have them in stock

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:43 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
jpgauthier wrote:
Elixir CR.
Honestly have fun courcing paying for bleeds and even pads for the hopes and maguras.
Most shops I know only carry formula avid and Shimano bleed kits.
It would be a huge bitch.

You can buy pads and bleed kits for magura, and hope on jenson usa and pricepoint.... for 50% off too!
Pads and replacement part you need to order those in and it takes a while while as avid they usually have them in stock

takes between 3-6 days on both jenson and pricepoint, and you should know you need something 6 days in advance, or just buy a bunch and keep them! I don't think this is a good reason not to buy a brake!

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:47 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
jpgauthier wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

takes between 3-6 days on both jenson and pricepoint, and you should know you need something 6 days in advance, or just buy a bunch and keep them! I don't think this is a good reason not to buy a brake!
ok stop bikkering on my forum!you guys sound married! lol ok i get your point that lots of places dont fix it. but i do all my own stuff. and my local bike shop carries the pads and seal kit and even different colored bores for it. so its all good. but i bleed and fix all my own bikes

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:50 Quote
Same here but say you hit up the bikepark I would not want to wait a few days for a replacement lever or master cylinder because they very rarely carry those in stock. It would be such a bummer, and to the ben guy, how do you know your about to rip out your master cylinder 6 days in advance lol.
I'm sorry for bickering I am just trying to make you informed on your desision you are making and how it would affect you.
I would honestly go for X0 at the price they are selling they are basically giving them away !

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:54 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
Same here but say you hit up the bikepark I would not want to wait a few days for a replacement lever or master cylinder because they very rarely carry those in stock. It would be such a bummer, and to the ben guy, how do you know your about to rip out your master cylinder 6 days in advance lol.
I'm sorry for bickering I am just trying to make you informed on your desision you are making and how it would affect you.
I would honestly go for X0 at the price they are selling they are basically giving them away !
ok thanks. and ya. you do have a point. i would know if i would blow a cylinder. but, i dont do hard core racing either, i might go to whistler a few times in the summer. but im not doing every race there. and i have riddent he brakes i have now and never had to do anything to them exept one bleed at the begging, tha was 2 years ago. but i will take your comment into consideration.

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 19:56 Quote
Just giving you a heads up I used to work in a shop and dealt with racers quite often. There were always customers who raced and bought hope's hit a tree bent a lever or broke the MC and had to miss race day because we couldn't source it fast enough !

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 20:03 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
Just giving you a heads up I used to work in a shop and dealt with racers quite often. There were always customers who raced and bought hope's hit a tree bent a lever or broke the MC and had to miss race day because we couldn't source it fast enough !
alright thanks. but they dont realy carry avid cr brake levers in stock

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 20:10 Quote
A lot easier to get.
And my LBS did.

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 20:23 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
A lot easier to get.
And my LBS did.
oh, well mines does. the only levers they carry is old hayes. and i hate hayes

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 21:02 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
Yes I do, I would rather have mroe time ona bike then finding places where to repair it.
Cr's or X0's they have X0's on sale on CRC for 137$ an end !
Thanks, just added one to my cart. Now to decide if i want it or not lol. I can always buy and resell for profit

Posted: Dec 5, 2011 at 23:24 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:

Yes I do agree xo's are great, but for the point of the argument, (sorry Alex) the guy I bought part of my voltage fr10 off of was a man who worked as a main mechanic in a bike shop in Whistler, and they kept IN STOCK at all times parts for:
avid
hayes
hope
shimano
magura
etc etc etc,
Just saying in major bike towns one or more shops will most likely always have the parts!

again sorry Alex for bickering like a married couple

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 6:59 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
jpgauthier wrote:

Yes I do agree xo's are great, but for the point of the argument, (sorry Alex) the guy I bought part of my voltage fr10 off of was a man who worked as a main mechanic in a bike shop in Whistler, and they kept IN STOCK at all times parts for:
avid
hayes
hope
shimano
magura
etc etc etc,
Just saying in major bike towns one or more shops will most likely always have the parts!

again sorry Alex for bickering like a married couple
ok you have a point there. but oak bay is know for old people, NOT a heavy biking place!

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:10 Quote
True, but here in vic you can wait a week to get a part in, but the guy said what if your racing in whistler, well in places like whistler they have the parts you need (more or less)! ( I have first hand experience with the one shops lead mechanic ).

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:12 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
True, but here in vic you can wait a week to get a part in, but the guy said what if your racing in whistler, well in places like whistler they have the parts you need (more or less)! ( I have first hand experience with the one shops lead mechanic ).
alright alright. but still. im not going wc fast. on my other brakes juicy ultimates i have crashed head first into a rock. my brake lever hit the rock with full force wall racing. the onlt thing that happened was that my lever got a scratch. so... but still STOP BICKERING!

Posted: Dec 6, 2011 at 7:29 Quote
bcbiker856 wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
alright alright. but still. im not going wc fast. on my other brakes juicy ultimates i have crashed head first into a rock. my brake lever hit the rock with full force wall racing. the onlt thing that happened was that my lever got a scratch. so... but still STOP BICKERING!

Just order whatever you feel like using. If you are scared of breaking a lever, just order an extra. XO or Elixir CR would all be a fine choice. I liked your original idea of the juicy ultimate's too. Simple, inexpensive (compared to new brakes ), effective enough.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011148
Mobile Version of Website