40 and over mountain bikers.

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
40 and over mountain bikers.
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:02 Quote
It was in Cherry Hill, it was only open from 1978-1981 and then the fad of skateboarding died along with many skate parks. Someone has made a website http://www.cherryhillskatepark.com/.

Rob

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:16 Quote
40 in jan hope that's ok . Rideing more than ever and feel stronger than I was at 21 . Roll on midlife crisis I can grow a tosh buy a farri and think I'm magnum pi ha ha ha

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 7:11 Quote
I am 44 and really started riding mountain bikes for real this summer. Got real excited and got me a Kona. I started this year with clipless pedals. About the 4th ride I was going up a rocky trail and took a hard crash and sliced my leg open. I healed up and have kept riding. So about 4 weeks ago I was riding a nice trail and hit some deep sand and my stem went one way and I flipped over the bars. Which cause me to break my collar bone. Started out with a crash and ended it with a crash. I've had lots of time now to read and watch how to be more fit and how to be a better rider. So next year I will be stronger. Debating wether I stay with clipless pedals or go to a down hill pedal. I got all winter to decide.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 8:10 Quote
jjunkies wrote:
I am 44 and really started riding mountain bikes for real this summer. Got real excited and got me a Kona. I started this year with clipless pedals. About the 4th ride I was going up a rocky trail and took a hard crash and sliced my leg open. I healed up and have kept riding. So about 4 weeks ago I was riding a nice trail and hit some deep sand and my stem went one way and I flipped over the bars. Which cause me to break my collar bone. Started out with a crash and ended it with a crash. I've had lots of time now to read and watch how to be more fit and how to be a better rider. So next year I will be stronger. Debating wether I stay with clipless pedals or go to a down hill pedal. I got all winter to decide.

Love my flats with a pair of vans.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
heal up strong Smile

well now you've got your quota of crashing and injuries out of the way you should be good to go for a while.

recomended reading if you have not seen it already

mastering_mountain_bike_skills

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
"well now you've got your quota of crashing and injuries out of the way you should be good to go for a while."

Oh, but if only that was how it worked!

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
minty1 wrote:
"well now you've got your quota of crashing and injuries out of the way you should be good to go for a while."

Oh, but if only that was how it worked!

sshhhh! Wink

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 3:19 Quote
Hey there guys and gals,

I turn 40 in February and have recently taken up mountain biking after a 25 year hiatus from biking. I raced BMX and did freestyle when I was younger. Being 6'7" there was a lot of crash with that whole center of gravity issue. I bought at Trek 3900 Disk back in July and rode it a few time and then it sat in the garage for a few months. Then one weekend my wife had the idea of hitting some of the trails in the local forest park. We have been doing this every weekend for the last two months and we are loving it.

I thinking about throwing together a DJ/Street bike just to mess around with. I would love to do some DH stuff but there is not that may hills in my area. There is however, a skate park right down the road.

Honestly, i'm just glad to be here.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 6:20 Quote
Ur not 40 yet, GET OUT!!!!

Just kiddin'.
Welcome! Shred on...

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
fredro wrote:
Ur not 40 yet, GET OUT!!!!

Just kiddin'.
Welcome! Shred on...

Big Grin

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 5:24 Quote
Welcome to the club... in FEBRUARY!

Definitely get yourself a DJ bike. I just built one. It is a blast to ride and I also feel it helps improve my skills on the trail bike.

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
52 - Knees gone no cartilages, ACL, etc. bulging disc, but I ride no pain. My boys 16&20 and I ride every chance we get. I kick their ass downhill (80s AMA MC cafe racer) and they catch me on the climb out. Having a freaking blast. TRc, Nomadc, and one of us takes a turn on the 29er hard tail! Get your kids involved early!

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 20:34 Quote
I turned 40 this year and treated myself to my first all mountain/FS bike. Jumping, rock gardens, drops... I feel like a kid again.

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
bluehorseshoe wrote:
I turned 40 this year and treated myself to my first all mountain/FS bike. Jumping, rock gardens, drops... I feel like a kid again.

Just wear some pads brotha, takes longer to heal there days, but I'm with ya - working for the weekends again

Posted: Nov 14, 2014 at 20:53 Quote
ajjrsons wrote:
bluehorseshoe wrote:

Just wear some pads brotha, takes longer to heal there days, but I'm with ya - working for the weekends again

Agreed. Pads are standard gear for me.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031071
Mobile Version of Website