Powered by Outside

The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Official "Blue Mountain 2021" Thread
O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 5:05 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:
So yesterday my tires almost killed me. Ardents just could not handle the mud up there.

So I need to know what people feel work best up there, is a set of minions needed?

When there's mud, nothing will do up there.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 7:27 Quote
smike wrote:
B-Rock106 wrote:
So yesterday my tires almost killed me. Ardents just could not handle the mud up there.

So I need to know what people feel work best up there, is a set of minions needed?

Truer words were never spoken

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 8:30 Quote
I've got minions and they were ok, but definitely slippery in the mud.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 8:49 Quote
It's all clay, pretty much SOL.

Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 9:03 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:

http://www.maxxis.com/Bicycle/Downhill/WetScream.aspx

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:16 Quote
smike wrote:
B-Rock106 wrote:

I bet 1/2 inch metal screw ice tires might be ok but I wouldn't wanna ride DH on those. You crash and even the rock is one of the last things to worry about with those weapons looking to chew flesh.

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2013 at 13:25 Quote
Minions are ok. definitely better than high rollers in the mud. I don't have any experience with non-maxxis tires for DH, but I hear continental makes some great stuff

Posted: Sep 3, 2013 at 12:03 Quote
Got some continental der barons, and they have amazing grip, not as edgy as minions, but more predictable, and more grip in the wet, but roll slower

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 5:53 Quote
B-Rock106 wrote:

I went to Telonix this year, and they ride awesome. I went to Blue during the heat wave we had this year, and it was super dusty and had no issues. They do well in the mud as well. 10 x better than the Nevegals (Never Grips).

Posted: Sep 5, 2013 at 19:32 Quote
Hope the forecasted rain for saturday goes away!

Posted: Sep 6, 2013 at 18:18 Quote
Hello Koneil,

Could you please help with getting the bike wash stations back? or provide a contact name or number so that I could address this situation. I ride at Blue, on average between 15 and 20 times a year. Like many people, I ride a high performance bicycle that needs to be cleaned, whether it's clay dust or wet clay to keep it operating optimally. I also stay at hotels where I would be more comfortable bringing in a clean bike.

I feel Blue Mountain should provide basic provisions for their riders when they pay for their passes: a safe place to ride, lift access, drinking fountains, washrooms and a bike wash stations. Every major resort provides these basic amenities. The reason the bike station isn't working as I was told by a lift operator ( As of Friday Sept 6/ 13) that someone damaged a hose and left the system to run, the operator went on to say " one bad apple spoils the bunch". I don't subscribe to this mentality. Mathematically this doesn't make sense, if it was only one person and an isolated incident then fix the problem and move on.

I'm growing tired of these knee jerk reactions and let's not forget that mountain bikers are customers too.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
They must've fixed the problem since, we were there on labour day and the wash stations were in working order. Came in handy to wash off the mud slop from that day.

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 17:00 Quote
Dear blue mountain. Please dry!!!!

O+
Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 17:41 Quote
dguzzler wrote:
Hello Koneil,

Could you please help with getting the bike wash stations back? or provide a contact name or number so that I could address this situation. I ride at Blue, on average between 15 and 20 times a year. Like many people, I ride a high performance bicycle that needs to be cleaned, whether it's clay dust or wet clay to keep it operating optimally. I also stay at hotels where I would be more comfortable bringing in a clean bike.

I feel Blue Mountain should provide basic provisions for their riders when they pay for their passes: a safe place to ride, lift access, drinking fountains, washrooms and a bike wash stations. Every major resort provides these basic amenities. The reason the bike station isn't working as I was told by a lift operator ( As of Friday August 7/ 13) that someone damaged a hose and left the system to run, the operator went on to say " one bad apple spoils the bunch". I don't subscribe to this mentality. Mathematically this doesn't make sense, if it was only one person and an isolated incident then fix the problem and move on.

I growing tired of these knee jerk reactions and let's not forget that mountain bikers are customers too.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
nice rant!!

Posted: Sep 7, 2013 at 17:55 Quote
turco999 wrote:
They must've fixed the problem since, we were there on labour day and the wash stations were in working order. Came in handy to wash off the mud slop from that day.

This happened yesterday.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014622
Mobile Version of Website