Powered by Outside

Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
Posted: May 31, 2023 at 8:18 Quote
Showing off my new-to-me bike.

2021 Giant Trance X Advanced Pro 0.

I actually purchased it used (off Pinkbike Buy/Sell) a month ago, but it showed up with a crack in the frame. The original owner was good enough to get the warranty process started through my LBS, and took care of the cost to swap all the parts over. The cost to me was an extra few weeks of not riding my bike. I finally picked up the bike on Monday, spent that afternoon RideWrapping it with the Tailored kit, then let it sit for 24hrs until its first ride last night.

It has exceeded my expectations in every way.

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 2, 2023 at 16:52 Quote
Can someone please post their Rockshock rear shock SN so I can look it up on the trailhead website so I can order the right tune shock?

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2023 at 19:53 Quote
What size is the seatpost clamp? Anybody replaced theirs?

Posted: Jul 16, 2023 at 9:48 Quote
Dictatorsaurus wrote:
Can someone please post their Rockshock rear shock SN so I can look it up on the trailhead website so I can order the right tune shock?

I simply bought Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T (2023) in the right size and it's been night and day difference between this and DPS Performance.

O+
Posted: Jul 18, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
yeagermeister28 wrote:
What size is the seatpost clamp? Anybody replaced theirs?

It's a 34.9mm clamp, I replaced mine with a Chromag NQR (they call it a 35 on their website but it's really 34.9)

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2023 at 10:23 Quote
Hey all,

210 lbs, ride everything and like technical gnarly stuff when I can ride it.

Scanned the messages here seems like Float X2 might be a way to go. I have a line on the 2023 Fox Float X performance elite also. Anyone running that? Better/Worse? Which should I go with? I'm finding the stock DPS shock on my 2020 Trance X 29 2 just has wicked fade and I can get some hard core bucking action on long descents.

I'm not overly happy with the Fox Rythm either and would like to try a Grip 2 in there if I can get one. Or look at another fork? Perhaps swap out the stock giant Bar? My wrists take a beating.

Also, stock dropper post rattles like crazy.. not sure that a service would sort that out. Anyone have any thoughts or replacement best choices?

aaaand.. need to start thinking about new wheels, mine have some fold/leak spots.. any best choices? don't need carbon, alloy is fine. I haven't made my way through all the posts yet on this chat.

love the bike on the ups and would like to keep riding this, it's a great all round bike that can handle it all.

cheers.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 16:09 Quote
Thought I'd share my '21 X 3. Mostly stock. Upgraded the rear shock with a Cane Creek Kitsuma Air that I still need to tune. Added Diety TMac pedals, Ergon Saddle, EThirteen bar, and Cushcore. Eventually will throw a Lyrik or 36 up front. Also planning on getting rid of the Dissector and picking up an EThirteen All Terrain. Will probably also get a GX drivetrain. I never thought it mattered, but SX is super noisy.

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 19:20 Quote
Did some suspension updates to my X so thought I'd post since this thread is slow moving. Swapped out the Kitsuma Air for a Fox Factory DHX Coil. I didn't have any issues with the Kitsuma, but I needed to remove it to add in a volume spacer. While it was off I tossed on this coil shock I had sitting around out of curiosity. Gotta say I really like the feel of coil. I also replaced the fork on my Specialized Enduro. So I picked up a 150mm air spring for the Zeb ultimate and also threw that on. Its a bit overbuilt, but I really like it. Still fun and still poppy. Just a lot more stable and ground hugging.

Have yet to upgrade the drivetrain yet. Was hoping to upgrade on the Enduro, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Will probably get a Deore 12spd since those can be had for cheaper than an NX derailleur.
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 20:17 Quote
ekinskofer wrote:
Hey all,

210 lbs, ride everything and like technical gnarly stuff when I can ride it.

Scanned the messages here seems like Float X2 might be a way to go. I have a line on the 2023 Fox Float X performance elite also. Anyone running that? Better/Worse? Which should I go with? I'm finding the stock DPS shock on my 2020 Trance X 29 2 just has wicked fade and I can get some hard core bucking action on long descents.

The X2 is good, pretty linear and damped feeling compare to a smaller shock (at least that's my experience with 2020 X2 on a Reign 29). If you want the bike to retain a bit more of a playful poppy feel you might be better off with a Float X. But disclaimer that's just from reputation, I haven't tried the Float X myself.

ekinskofer wrote:
I'm not overly happy with the Fox Rythm either and would like to try a Grip 2 in there if I can get one. Or look at another fork? Perhaps swap out the stock giant Bar? My wrists take a beating.

All options, changing the bar/grips would be the cheapest first step. OneUp carbon bar has a great rep for damping vibration, I like the Renthal Fatbar (the straighter sweep suits my wrists but that doesn't mean it will or won't suit you too) and it damps buzz better than any stock bars I've had too.

Being on the heavier side (around 110kg at the moment) I like the Grip2 damper being able to add some low-speed compression damping for support without making the high-speed damping too harsh.

ekinskofer wrote:
Also, stock dropper post rattles like crazy.. not sure that a service would sort that out. Anyone have any thoughts or replacement best choices?

Probably just cable rattle, try adjusting the cable housing first.

Posted: Oct 29, 2023 at 0:50 Quote
Hi all.

I bought a Giant Trance X 2 2022, I changed SX to GX, if I change the front and rear suspensions (for the same sizes) do I lose the warranty?

photo

Posted: Nov 5, 2023 at 11:22 Quote
I'm looking to upgrade my trance X 29 shock. Looking at a Float X Factory and just wondering if the stock tune from Fox will work well with the bikes kinematics or if it will need a re-tune.

Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 22:46 Quote
Ekudeht wrote:
I'm looking to upgrade my trance X 29 shock. Looking at a Float X Factory and just wondering if the stock tune from Fox will work well with the bikes kinematics or if it will need a re-tune.

My local shock guru told me that the Float DPS EVOL LV on my Trance X had a stock medium Fox tune(he checked).
He re-tuned a Float X off a Trek Fuel EX to this tune and it's been a game changer!

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2023 at 10:33 Quote
Ekudeht wrote:

Both Float X2 and Float X are excellent on Trance X. I feel like Float X is more in line with intended use on this particular bike.
Here is the part number for the actual Float X that I use: 979-01-056
This is a stock medium tune, off-the-shelf shock that is available to consumers.
Cheers

David

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 16:37 Quote
How many NM should you tighten the seat collar? my trance x says 80 KGF-CM

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024050
Mobile Version of Website