Powered by Outside

What's the best punk song out there???

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
What's the best punk song out there???
O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 15:36 Quote
A lot of rise against is punk hell if we were going by a strict definition the All American Rejects are punk because of how they write.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
samnation wrote:
A lot of rise against is punk hell if we were going by a strict definition the All American Rejects are punk because of how they write.

All American Rejects aren't punk at all, unless some of their other songs then the 5 or so I've heard are drastically different.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
Riavyn wrote:
samnation wrote:

All American Rejects aren't punk at all, unless some of their other songs then the 5 or so I've heard are drastically different.

But they are written in punk chord patterns and timing which is what denotes something punk it may not sound like other punk songs but when classifying a song its the writing that counts.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
samnation wrote:
Riavyn wrote:
samnation wrote:

But they are written in punk chord patterns and timing which is what denotes something punk it may not sound like other punk songs but when classifying a song its the writing that counts.

Ehh, but their look/mood/lyrics don't fit. You could call them punk influenced, but it just doesn't seem right to call them punk.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
Riavyn wrote:
samnation wrote:
Riavyn wrote:

Ehh, but their look/mood/lyrics don't fit. You could call them punk influenced, but it just doesn't seem right to call them punk.

Yes but their look attitude and mood has nothing to do with the music.

Posted: Jan 4, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
jimmee wrote:
shortyz wrote:
rancid is pretty awsome
to be fair rancid are pretty amazing, i got their album ..and out come the wolves, and it is pretty insane, and really good riding music!!
check out ruby soho, i reckon their best!!
although the bass solo in maxwell murder is pretty epic...
ive only heard the free samples off their website and i love it!
gonna get it asap!
anyone else listen to the unseen?

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 5:04 Quote
samnation wrote:
Riavyn wrote:
samnation wrote:

Ya but we are talking in generalizations of bands, I know what you mean but if britney spears wrote a song with "punk" lyrics we arent going to say she is punk. I know what you mean but you kind of have to look at it as a whole.

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
Riavyn wrote:
This thread makes me sad =(
I didn't read it all the way through the though, some of those weren't punk in the least.

My favorites are:
Bouncing Souls
Bad Religion
Bad Brains
Bomb the Music Industry!
Cobra Skulls
Converge
Descendants
Dropkick Murpheys
Face to Face
Flogging Molly
Fugazi
H20
Hot Water Music
Husker Du
Less Than Jake
Mustard Plug
NOFX
Pennywise
Rancid
Rise Against
Satanic Surfers
Strike Anywhere
Streetlight Manifesto
The Briefs
The Distillers
The Dwarves
The Ergs ---------------This is real pop-punk for those of you that think Fallout Boy is Pop Punk
The Explosion
The Falcon
The Menzingers
The Suicide Machines
The Real McKenizies
Tsunami Bomb
World/Inferno Friendship Society (craziest stuff ever)

That should keep you busy for a while...I went down my MP3 player and listed punk stuff I had at least a CD of that I liked, or they're just to good not to list. I left out stuff like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Ramones...etc cause they're oldish and everyone knows them.

fallout biy isnt punk at all!!! and i dotn know exactly..is rise against punk?

O+
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
int3nse wrote:
samnation wrote:
Riavyn wrote:

Ya but we are talking in generalizations of bands, I know what you mean but if britney spears wrote a song with "punk" lyrics we arent going to say she is punk. I know what you mean but you kind of have to look at it as a whole.

In that case I would most deffinately rise against is punk.

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
You know what I mean haha...

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 at 14:27 Quote
ChikooAgpRider wrote:
Riavyn wrote:
*SNIP*
The Ergs ---------------This is real pop-punk for those of you that think Fallout Boy is Pop Punk
*SNIP*

pssstt, read that again...

I was saying that The Ergs are real pop-punk and that Fallout Boy is not....

(if you haven't heard The Ergs, I strongly recommend you check em out. Awesome stuff...which is why I linked their name to their myspace...)

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:44 Quote
Riavyn wrote:
ChikooAgpRider wrote:
Riavyn wrote:
*SNIP*
*SNIP*

pssstt, read that again...

I was saying that The Ergs are real pop-punk and that Fallout Boy is not....

(if you haven't heard The Ergs, I strongly recommend you check em out. Awesome stuff...which is why I linked their name to their myspace...)

yeah i know you said that fallout boy isnt pop-punk. i just wanted to tap it all so there wont be any mums child who will say fallout boy is hc punk or sumthing lol

Posted: Jan 6, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
samnation wrote:
int3nse wrote:
samnation wrote:

In that case I would most deffinately rise against is punk.

all american rejets are a f*ckin emo band. they aint punk at all. their lyrics may be punk, but their image is so emo and they are a bunch of fags.

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 23:11 Quote
Classifying music isn't punk.....
Saying what's punk and what isn't punk, isn't punk.....

UK Subs- Stranglehold
Black Flag- Nervous Breakdown
Dead Kennedys-Holiday in Cambodia
f*ck the USA- The Exploited
I Wanna be Your Dog- Iggy Pop and the Stooges
Jaks- US Bombs

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
shipping up to boston - dropkick murphys

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010286
Mobile Version of Website