Powered by Outside

Ripmo AF Thread

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripmo AF Thread
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 8:38 Quote
"Just like a Ripmo, but actually the perfect park bike" is basically my dream bike. I run my RipmoAF all the time at parks, but obviously it runs more like a steamroller/freight train than a jump machine. I'm still petrified of running carbon though. Maybe when I stop crashing all the time...

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 3:46 Quote
Hi All, sadly I'm moving on my Ripmo AF, truly sad to see it go - it's been the best bike I've ever owned. That said I have a RDH Hanger, some bushings and some Clevis Bolts (the one that wear) if you'd like to send me a PM and a cash offer they are yours. Probably have some other bits also DVO fork seals spring to mind - Hit me up.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 7:47 Quote
JStoried wrote:
"Just like a Ripmo, but actually the perfect park bike" is basically my dream bike. I run my RipmoAF all the time at parks, but obviously it runs more like a steamroller/freight train than a jump machine. I'm still petrified of running carbon though. Maybe when I stop crashing all the time...

I two have a carbon mental barrier, but I think decades on most companies are making stuff that does just fine in the real world. I actually think the frame on the HD6 will be able to put up with more than I can dish out. The ripmo gets worked in the park, though. I'm lately finding the rear end feels like the weak link on rough drops etc, but that maybe me just warming my mind up for an excuse to buy new stuff.

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 9:35 Quote
I have a 2022 with the DVO suspension that I had served this spring. Have only had it out maybe a handful of times since then. Last week riding things got a little weird with the bike and I took a fall. Looking at the bike last night I found that the dust seal had blown off the left side of the fork, anyone experience this? DVO said something let loose in the fork allowing the air to pass through. Bringing it back to the dealer Saturday.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 9:51 Quote
Tunaphan77 wrote:
I have a 2022 with the DVO suspension that I had served this spring. Have only had it out maybe a handful of times since then. Last week riding things got a little weird with the bike and I took a fall. Looking at the bike last night I found that the dust seal had blown off the left side of the fork, anyone experience this? DVO said something let loose in the fork allowing the air to pass through. Bringing it back to the dealer Saturday.

I had the dust seal on the topaz blow off just sitting down on it while hiking a jump lol

seems dvo stuff is very good at blowing seals out...

Posted: May 16, 2024 at 10:04 Quote
13en wrote:
Tunaphan77 wrote:

I had the dust seal on the topaz blow off just sitting down on it while hiking a jump lol

Did you find a cause for it to happen? I'm 60 yr old and dont ride that hard?

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 13:32 Quote
Tunaphan77 wrote:
13en wrote:
Tunaphan77 wrote:

Did you find a cause for it to happen? I'm 60 yr old and dont ride that hard?

Nope. Was really weird and hasnt happened since (almost 2 years)

i sent it in and they replaced it but said they couldnt find a reason it had happened either.

rebuilt it in the parking lot to ride some more lol and was fine

Posted: May 20, 2024 at 4:50 Quote
Took the bike to the place I bought it. They replaced the Air spring IFP main seal no charge! Had no idea what caused it?

O+
Posted: May 27, 2024 at 14:48 Quote
Still riding my OG “orange” RAF. Upgraded to fox 36 and carbon wheels. I use it as my trail/xc bike and still can’t find a reason to get rid of it. I can totally see building one up for park but I do think horst link jumps better than dw link.

Posted: May 29, 2024 at 5:32 Quote
Kmccann137 wrote:
Still riding my OG “orange” RAF. Upgraded to fox 36 and carbon wheels. I use it as my trail/xc bike and still can’t find a reason to get rid of it. I can totally see building one up for park but I do think horst link jumps better than dw link.

I’m thinking of upgrading to carbon wheels as well. Which ones did you go with?

O+
Posted: May 29, 2024 at 16:54 Quote
I got the DIYCarbon with hope hubs and they work amazing for this frame. Alloy frame with carbon wheels is really a nice combo. I also have carbon bars.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008900
Mobile Version of Website