DELETE

PB Forum :: 29ers
DELETE
Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 3:36 Quote
Got 3 more parts today, 6 remain Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

QUESTION: Will the bottom bracket come with the BB axel?

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 3:40 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
QUESTION: Will the bottom bracket come with the BB axel?
They nearly always do. Are those crank arms ISIS-compatible?

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 6:35 Quote
They are square taper cranks...just a get a cheap square taper shimano bb in the right size for your frame (and right spindle length for your cranks) and it will cost you almost nothing, I have found some for $12. It wont last forever, but it will get the job done for quite a while (few thousand miles)

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 8:28 Quote
i can get a cheap BB put in at my shop for £20 Smile aslong as you maintain them they last for decades

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
how come you're buying parts to replace? surely that will just cost more money..
have you been riding at all since starting this project?

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:02 Quote
hes having a SS hybrid thing for now because its cheeper and stuff, later he will change it to a roadbike...

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:09 Quote
i get that is cheaper initially, but to upgrade from ss flat bar to drop bar and full gears is gonna be like another £300 at least second hand... wait an extra month and he could afford to go to drops and gears straight away.

don't mean to be a dick, hes obviously got a plan, but it just seems illogical

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 9:23 Quote
well i herd it all from him Razz i know his plans

he's only ridden mtb's and he's not a very confident rider, he's worried about riding a roadbike, so building it this way so it will feal more like a mountain bike for him, making it comfier and build his confidence and the SS builds up his fitness(when he ups the ratio) to wich is a bonus, also gears n all that jazz would cost quite a bit more

tis all for a reason Smile

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 18:59 Quote
oeae wrote:
i get that is cheaper initially, but to upgrade from ss flat bar to drop bar and full gears is gonna be like another £300 at least second hand... wait an extra month and he could afford to go to drops and gears straight away.

don't mean to be a dick, hes obviously got a plan, but it just seems illogical

I see your logic, but I'm on benefits as I'm ill, so I won't be able to afford a groupset that quick, It would take atleast 3 months to get a groupset and drop bars!

And also what nowhere fast said I am building a flat bar hybrid style bike to start with as I have been used to riding MTB's but as soon as I am used to the bike maybe by Christmas this year I will get a groupset and drops.

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 21:49 Quote
The black part in this picture is the BB axel??

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/17473.jpg

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 21:51 Quote
kinetic-uk wrote:
The black part in this picture is the BB axel??

Yesh

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 21:53 Quote
Thanks, I'll be ordering that soon, I get my wheels next month....will keep the thread updated.

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:52 Quote
make sure the threads fit to! Razz

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 7:00 Quote
Why wouldn't they fit mate?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037219
Mobile Version of Website