What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 8:00 Quote
Super sick of my spot getting thrashed by kid's from the hood.
My friend just picked up 3/8 in 15ft cables with an indestructible lock.
I reccomend other private spots do the same.
Always get a word combo lock with interchangeable combo...

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 11:43 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
durza11 wrote:
We confronted the parents at our spot. They get really pissy but most adults who act like adults will respect hard work. Just explain the literal amount of work and time it takes to shape a proper jump and try to make them realize that their kids are ruining hours of work. Be polite, we even offered to "teach" the kids how to ride the pumptrack.

If the dad gets in your face just back off and make him realize what a bad example he is for his kids. That gets people to f*ck off pretty quickly.
also mention that if their destroying your jumps there's a WAY bigger risk factor of someone getting hurt

+1

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 14:41 Quote
not another rider around in at least 25miles to help build or even to converse with.

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 17:18 Quote
okietwister wrote:
not another rider around in at least 25miles to help build or even to converse with.
Pinkbike friend finder?

Posted: Oct 7, 2015 at 19:00 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
okietwister wrote:
Pinkbike friend finder?

Grinder app for pinkbikers?

Posted: Oct 8, 2015 at 8:20 Quote
Thairishguy wrote:
siderealwall2 wrote:
okietwister wrote:
Pinkbike friend finder?

Grinder app for pinkbikers?

LOL......

Posted: Oct 11, 2015 at 14:45 Quote
Riding the trail that you built for the first time that isn't "broken in" and you hit that menacing pebble in the middle of the trail that shoots up at your bottom bracket scaring the crap out of you.

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 22:32 Quote
friends of banool reserve

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 23:00 Quote
Disturbing australian bull ant nests.

The ones I find are about 4cm long and full of beans when disturbed

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrmecia_brevinoda

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 at 23:44 Quote
Yeah we have to deal with those too. Grumpy little c*nts.

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 4:49 Quote
MattMacMTB wrote:
Riding the trail that you built for the first time that isn't "broken in" and you hit that menacing pebble in the middle of the trail that shoots up at your bottom bracket scaring the crap out of you.

ha... true dat..

I had a brand new XTR rear D on a semi new bike. it was on the bike for no more than three minutes after I installed it about an hour earlier... small stick kicks up into the wheel, catches on the rear D, I then rip the brand new rear D in half, taking the rear D hanger with it.

that was the last time I put an XTR rear D on my personal bikes

Posted: Oct 21, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
mountainbiker-tom wrote:

hate em

This fella dropped a bullants nest on me
on me

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
I've built some jumps and drops in my local riding spot,I think for the hundreds that ride the trails barely half a dozen do any work/maintenance and jumps often get wrecked and are never fixed.

Mx bikes ripping up/rutting trails and built up corners with no regard for others really gets me.
I work full time and wanna build a lot but I'm a one man army,trieng to build some northshore features at the moment to go over a fallen tree and everybody just tears a new line around it instead of getting off their bike to go over.
I live and ride in Wicklow Ireland btw.

Posted: Oct 25, 2015 at 12:16 Quote
SeanOg wrote:
I've built some jumps and drops in my local riding spot,I think for the hundreds that ride the trails barely half a dozen do any work/maintenance

I work full time and wanna build a lot but I'm a one man army,trieng to build some northshore features at the moment to go over a fallen tree and everybody just tears a new line around it instead of getting off their bike to go over.
I live and ride in Wicklow Ireland btw.

So true, so very true. Happens where I live too.

Posted: Oct 26, 2015 at 17:18 Quote
mountainbiker-finn wrote:
mountainbiker-tom wrote:

hate em

This fella dropped a bullants nest on me
on me

I dropped it next to this fella and one went near him so he ran away

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013936
Mobile Version of Website