What annoys you when you're out building?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
What annoys you when you're out building?
Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 4:30 Quote
BR550 is a backpack leaf blower..mighty powerful too.

Posted: Feb 26, 2016 at 21:08 Quote
We don't have leaves anymore here in Cali... haha!
I just hoe the top inch of crap off and use a tine-in rake to stir everything up, then pack in jumps and ride!

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 15:03 Quote
Having issues with a guy removing the boulders in a jump. Second time it has happened sadly.

Thinking of making a wire cage and stacking the boulders in the cage then cementing the boulders together. Its a lot of work but thinking itll only take a day at most and hopefully itll prevent the guy from taking the meat of the jump out.

You guys build anything like above?

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 16:32 Quote
JacobSpera wrote:
Having issues with a guy removing the boulders in a jump. Second time it has happened sadly.

Thinking of making a wire cage and stacking the boulders in the cage then cementing the boulders together. Its a lot of work but thinking itll only take a day at most and hopefully itll prevent the guy from taking the meat of the jump out.

You guys build anything like above?
A lot of trash we put inside a jump, covered with mud and called it a day. Still have yet to finish. Should rain tomorrow.

Posted: Mar 4, 2016 at 10:57 Quote
You put your trash in your jumps?

Thats only going to decay over time and create voids.

Back to the wire cage topic; Liquid nails

A lot easier to use since I can put that into my pack and use a calking gun vs having to hike bags of cement to the spot and having to haul water from the creek that is about 500 yards away.

Also thinking of getting rebar and pounding that into the ground prior to placing the cage and filling it boulders. This provide the cage to be stable preventing anyone from being able to tip it over. I will be having to slam the pilings through shale so it should have a good base for strength.

Over kill yes, why am I doing this? Because I literally hate the guy who keeps doing this and would love to him try to mess up the jumps after all the said is done.

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2016 at 4:12 Quote
I guess that would work fine, especially if you make it awkward enough it cant be moved at all. Just remember if you wanna adjust anything in the future... You have to move it lol

Also, make sure there's nothing sticking at a angle that if the jump wears down could impale someone... Wouldnt be very nice.

Posted: Mar 21, 2016 at 20:22 Quote
I f*cking hate people riding on wet muddy trails and making super deep ruts while I'm trying to build. I literally get so f*cking made at those people

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 20:41 Quote
In GA we have lots of leaves in the woods. Blower running out of gas when clearing new trail is frustrating. Gotta walk all the way back to house just for some stupid gas. And can't ride with gas can well and then have to take can back up when done. Or walking with blower, fill it up, walk back is just a pita.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 3:07 Quote
People naming their strava rides new trails is a anoying me at moment, just alert everyone why don't ya.

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 3:12 Quote
Fuuuuuck strava man, it's such utter bullshit, my local little hill has trails that are around the 40-50 second mark, yet there are strava times in the high 20 seconds !

People will do anything to get a good time , including missing half the corners, so sad.

It's like people can't just be happy to ride cool trails every weekend and they feel the need to prove to every one that they did.

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
I just finished a home trail that went through about 8 gopher holes. I filled them in and smothed it out but the dog could smell them and one day I went riding down the trail and there where burms in the trail that I did not put there.Confused

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 5:52 Quote
not a note on building but i fricking HATE when someone finds your secret spot and maps the god dam trail out on strava

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 10:14 Quote
mcjump wrote:
not a note on building but i fricking HATE when someone finds your secret spot and maps the god dam trail out on strava

Wowww what a complete jerk.

Can you see who mapped it? If so kindly ask them to delete it.

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 10:47 Quote
JacobSpera wrote:
mcjump wrote:

Wowww what a complete jerk.

Can you see who mapped it? If so kindly ask them to delete it.

Can't say anyone has done that to the locations I keep in stealth mode but, no kidding. ...a few years ago I took some pics of these abandoned shorty VW buses in the woods near my parents house...they had been there for no doubt 20, 25 years. I posted the pics on Facebook but made no mention of where they were. Next thing I know, they were gone. (Time frame was about 5, 6 days after posting the pics on FB). A fluke? Hard to say...

Sucked cause I was concocting a way to build them into a freeride feature

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015697
Mobile Version of Website