RedBull Rampage '08

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
RedBull Rampage '08
O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
HOLY CRAP. It's an argument about bike setup between nishnash and -the-ultimate-cyclist-. Who will come out the victor?
haha i actually laughed lol

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
is there a place where i can watch a full replay? i want to see peoples whole runs and stuff.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
they are not common pedals, they are magnetic prototype UFO's secret pedals for the next future war downhilling

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
dude if matt hunter didnt hurt his wrist he wouldve won. he is the best =]. he throws down
photo

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:56 Quote
I wanna see the video of Vanderham throwing that fat no-hander off the 60 footer! INSANE!!!tup

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
Id really really like to see kurt throw the super to no-can off the fat 60footer

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
according to the redbull rampage website Kinrade didn't make the finals but got 4th in the finals Confused . I was hoping to see him do well so i was miffed when he didn't make the finals so i'm not complaining.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
pipelinewill wrote:
according to the redbull rampage website Kinrade didn't make the finals but got 4th in the finals Confused . I was hoping to see him do well so i was miffed when he didn't make the finals so i'm not complaining.

gee didnt run so he got to step in for gee's place since he was next on the qualifier list

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 21:38 Quote
aaronlampman wrote:
dude if matt hunter didnt hurt his wrist he wouldve won. he is the best =]. he throws down
photo

Actaully it was his shoulder, supposedly he dislocated it about two months prior and in his qualifying run he hit a huge hip and landed weird and tweaked it again.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
pipelinewill wrote:

gee didnt run so he got to step in for gee's place since he was next on the qualifier list
Why didnt Gee go?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
Galador wrote:
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
pipelinewill wrote:

Why didnt Gee go?

He got hurt practicing for his run on the second day...saldy it was serioulsy like 25 minutes before they were about to start and he just went down. A shame to cause he had such a sick line and some gaps no one else even hit. Fast fast fast!

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 5:32 Quote
actually gee was still in the riders list as did not start and theres 15 riders still. but if you notice dan atherton isnt in the list as he had been, dont know why, but kinrades inclusion is awesome. 4th is huge over the guys hes riding against since he hasnt been under a spot light for a while. anyone remeber the first season of drop in?

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 5:33 Quote
hey are there any videos of bender ripping i heard that he was going to ride the course a bit even though he wouldnt be competing

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 5:39 Quote
Gee couldn't run because he separated his shoulder, sadly. He had the gnarliest run set up, too.

Bender didn't ride, he was just up there to watch. I think he's a calmer rider now.

I'm pretty gutted that Semenuk won, his run was really damn tame, it was just a bunch of stupid little tricks off the smallest drops on the hill.

In all, RedBull stabbed the already dieing big mountain scene with the stupid wooden features and incorporation of slopestyle into this once legendary event. I miss real riding.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
Gee couldn't run because he separated his shoulder, sadly. He had the gnarliest run set up, too.

Bender didn't ride, he was just up there to watch. I think he's a calmer rider now.

I'm pretty gutted that Semenuk won, his run was really damn tame, it was just a bunch of stupid little tricks off the smallest drops on the hill.

In all, RedBull stabbed the already dieing big mountain scene with the stupid wooden features and incorporation of slopestyle into this once legendary event. I miss real riding.

i didnt hate the wooden structures, but remeber the old spot? there was alot more length to the runs. Semenuks run was tam i though also. remeber dave watson shreding though the old course? or shaums? i think they needed a location where longer runs could have been built. the video of the winning run was about a minute long. from that run to i did see to much stuff that was smoothed out. however i also think to who was judging. Shandro, Simmoms etc. they ARE big mountain riders. there the mostexperianced guys in the sport, been there from the start of it untill now, so i dont doubt there ability to judge the contest fairly. however i vanderham hadnt crashed form the sounds of it the results would have been different, i want to see video of this 60 foot gap suicide no-hander.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012959
Mobile Version of Website