Powered by Outside

Giant Trance X

PB Forum :: Giant
Giant Trance X
Posted: Feb 29, 2024 at 13:47 Quote
Hello everyone, I bought my new giant trance X on 24 October 2023, I had not noticed this detail, it will be just paint or could be fissure ?

as I pass my hand does not feel fissure, I just look like paint inflated

paint or fissure

dude

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 10:47 Quote
This day they checked me at the store authorized by GIANT, they mentioned that it is only a paint detail, apparently, has this happened to anyone else?

Posted: Mar 1, 2024 at 17:38 Quote
Giant paint kind of sucks
And not touch up paint really sucks

Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 14:07 Quote
My 2021 Trance X 29 aluminum frame cracked around the welds at the bottom bracket. Frame had a little over 2000 miles. Took the frame to my Giant dealer and had a new frame in about a week. A little different paint job but it looks better IMO. Kudos to Giant for the quick turn around.

Posted: Mar 9, 2024 at 20:55 Quote
dextercolvin323 wrote:
My 2021 Trance X 29 aluminum frame cracked around the welds at the bottom bracket. Frame had a little over 2000 miles. Took the frame to my Giant dealer and had a new frame in about a week. A little different paint job but it looks better IMO. Kudos to Giant for the quick turn around.

It happened to a friend on a Reign 2022, that same crack, the GIant distributor changed the frame too

Posted: Mar 22, 2024 at 9:29 Quote
Can anyone recommend a simple chain guide without the bash guard (I think that is overkill for my type of riding) I have a 2022 Giant Trance X 29.

Cheers.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2024 at 16:38 Quote
andypandyuk wrote:
Can anyone recommend a simple chain guide without the bash guard (I think that is overkill for my type of riding) I have a 2022 Giant Trance X 29.

Cheers.

MRP 1x sounds like it would fit your needs. I've been running the MRP AMg for years now which is basically the same guide as the 1x, but with a bash guard

Posted: Mar 23, 2024 at 16:39 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
andypandyuk wrote:

Cheers.

MRP 1x sounds like it would fit your needs. I've been running the MRP AMg for years now which is basically the same guide as the 1x, but with a bash guard

Cool, thanks, I will check one out.

Posted: Apr 14, 2024 at 5:06 Quote
Anyone have the Advanced SE model with flight attendant? It’s on discount for $4500 USD. Seems like a great deal considering the spec.

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2024 at 1:15 Quote
The new Trance X looks great, probably the leading contender at the moment for when the time comes to replace my 2020 Reign 29.

The reach adjustment in the headset looks like a game-changing feature for someone like me who is generally in between sizes.

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 16:14 Quote
Anyone have experience running a fox 38 on a trance X? I was able to pick up a 38 factory series for $723 tax in CAD. Wondering if I will have any issues running it on my trance X 27.5 model that comes with 160mm fork.

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 at 23:00 Quote
As long as you set it to 160mm you’ll have no issue. I have a lyrik and a zeb both at 160 I switch between for the bike park. If you wand run 170 you probably could, would be really slack. 180 is a no go.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 13:50 Quote
Anyone running an angle adjusting headset on their Trance X? Have a 2021 Trance X Advanced 29 and as much as I like it I've moved to the PNW and it just feels a touch twitchy for my liking given the elevation out here. Was thinking either the wolftooth or the works components 1 degree set, with a slight preference for the former given what I've heard about works bearings and wet conditions.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2024 at 18:28 Quote
I used the wolftooth on a different bike and was very happy with it. Easy install.

Not sure how it would affect the trance. Ive been thinking about doing the same on mine. But i have a big bike for the pnw already.

Where are you moving to? Im in Snoqualmie, WA. Real close to real good riding.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040979
Mobile Version of Website