Powered by Outside

Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 16:33 Quote
Magura didnt make those brakes?

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
Magura doesn't make any good brakes. Stick with Shiimano and SRAM's new stuff. Codes feel amazing.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:02 Quote
Best bang for buck brake set for hardtail trail bike. SLX?

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:09 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
magura hasnt made a top level brake since the gustav, CHANGE MY MIND lol
what about the Saint?

zees work the same and are less than half price of saint

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:17 Quote
sosburn wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
what about the Saint?

This. They're both quad piston brakes just get zee's and change pads and rotors if it matters that much

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
h8ts2pdl wrote:
goytay wrote:
h8ts2pdl wrote:
Can Boxxer 27.5 lower legs be installed on 26" Boxxer RC stanchions?
I've heard this is possible...but it seems like you would need to replace the rebound damper, spring?
HELP!
Need to convert to 27.5 on the cheap!
Thanks

if its anything but the new Debonair boxxer, you can swap lowers, everything else stays, if you are running a charger damper, you will need to remove the insert, and carry it over to the 27.5 lower.

Thanks bro...I heard it was plug and play, just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger. I'm looking at just buying the standard boxxer 27.5 lowers for the RC, they're about $250, and installing them on my 2014 boxxer RC...I don't actually have a "parts fork" for the lowers. I don't have a charger damper, just the standard rebound damper...will I have to get a longer one, for the longer lower leg?

The only difference between 26" lower, and the 27.5 lower is the axle drop out, no new parts needed. swap over the seals, put the fluids in, and Send it!!

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:32 Quote
Rambo1501 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
what about the Saint?

This. They're both quad piston brakes just get zee's and change pads and rotors if it matters that much
saints are shinier, and therefore better

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
what about the Saint?
not made by magura.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 18:35 Quote
Primo123 wrote:
Best bang for buck brake set for hardtail trail bike. SLX?

SLX have been great on my ht. Not any feeling of being under powered. I kind tell the difference between SLX and my XTs on the fs.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 at 18:53 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
what about the Saint?
The Zee is also a great brake I have a set and they have never given me problems

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
dhmtbr777 wrote:
what about the Saint?
The Zee is also a great brake I have a set and they have never given me problems
I got my magura mt5 with discs and bleed kit for 130€ new! Love them , specially for the price

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 7:14 Quote
bigboyroy007 wrote:
Hey everyone, quick question about Shimano I-SPEC II. I have a friend who has Shimano M315 brakes, now I know they aren't I-SPEC II, but looking at the clamp it look slike you might be able to slip in the Ispec end in between the bar and the clamp. I know it probably would not be the absolute best setup, I just want to know if if would work. Don't see why not...but I'm no expert.

Attached images of both for reference. Thanks!
photo
photo

Those pictures don't show the knob of metal or plastic on the outside radius of the i-s II shifter mount that fits into a shallow depression in the inner surface of the i-spec II brake lever mount clamp. So you'll have to line up and drill a small hole in your brake lever clamp

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
what about the Saint?
I got my magura mt5 with discs and bleed kit for 130€ new! Love them , specially for the price

no offense but magura is gross, don’t personally know a single person who can recommend their brakes.

Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 7:36 Quote
sosburn wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

no offense but magura is gross, don’t personally know a single person who can recommend their brakes.

Magura seems to have an odd fetish with plastic brake levers on €300 sets

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2019 at 7:42 Quote
Bflutz625 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
demo7jumper wrote:

Magura seems to have an odd fetish with plastic brake levers on €300 sets
here's a novel idea: replace the levers with something tougher.... Say, Zee?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025457
Mobile Version of Website