Powered by Outside

Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 11:32 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I have a decade old cheap China steel hardtail that’s been ridden hard and put away wet, and it does not have these issues. So much for Deity’s black oxide anti-rust coating.

Discontinued or not, they sold it with a lifetime warranty, and this looks 100% like a manufacturing defect with surface treatment / paint. They should honer that warranty with a gift car toward their current merchandise. Pretty sure the Idaho Attorney General would agree- filing a complaint is free, and so is mentioning that fact in an e-mail to them.

Dartmoor Cody?

100% agree. I have been around enough steel frames to know it was some sort of defect or shit prep. I found my first BMX frame that I bought in like 1996 stripped and spray painted and it didnt have rot like that. I was trying to handle it without blowing them up but seems they arent going to do anything so I might have to file a complaint. Will see how they respond to the latest pics I emailed them.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 18:28 Quote
SVTCobra3148 wrote:
Looks like Deity came through. They found a frame in France from one of their Global distributors and are sending it to me. Cant believe it.

Damn...gotta give them props for that. That clearly took some leg work to find!

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:12 Quote
Damn. Props to them on that one.

Do you have to send them the old frame?

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:21 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

Yes

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
SVTCobra3148 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Yes I have to send the old frame back to them. Would have been cool to hang it on my wall but I cant complain. They did me a huge solid. I love that frame really didnt want to buy another frame right now

damn, no shit. Go Sadie and Eric! I have always loved working with Sadie, and I am pumped to see them coming through for you!

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
What are you guys using for headsets? I had a cane creek 40 series but the bearings in those things blow.

Posted: Aug 17, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
SVTCobra3148 wrote:
What are you guys using for headsets? I had a cane creek 40 series but the bearings in those things blow.
I have an FSA. its been good so far. I also used a shadow one for a while

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 9:04 Quote
SVTCobra3148 wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

Yes I have to send the old frame back to them. Would have been cool to hang it on my wall but I cant complain. They did me a huge solid. I love that frame really didnt want to buy another frame right now

Seriously, you got a new frame? My frame broke near the bottom brack out of the blue, sent them pictures etc. Only thing they said was: We dont produce that frame anymore. That's it. Like the worst customer service ever.

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The pulled the plug on them a few years ago, SS first then CK. Sales weren't great, especially the Streetsweeper. Kind of a bummer for those of us who really loved the geo, but understandable. Now it's a heavy enduro focus with some notable exceptions (the TMAC pedal, the Highside bar).

I really haven’t been paying attention the last few years. I knew they pulled the SS but I thought they’d keep the CK.

It’s understandable if the sales aren’t there though.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
destri wrote:
crs-one wrote:
The pulled the plug on them a few years ago, SS first then CK. Sales weren't great, especially the Streetsweeper. Kind of a bummer for those of us who really loved the geo, but understandable. Now it's a heavy enduro focus with some notable exceptions (the TMAC pedal, the Highside bar).

I really haven’t been paying attention the last few years. I knew they pulled the SS but I thought they’d keep the CK.

It’s understandable if the sales aren’t there though.

Offering lifetime warranty probably was a minor factor as well. Frames are already a very tight margin business (factoring in shipping and such) and when you have to factor in that some frames will fail it can be a very tricky product to offer over a long term.

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
I know this forum is dead, but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement screw for the rear axle of the cryptkeeper. Mine fell out somewhere :/

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
ShredNTread wrote:
I know this forum is dead, but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a replacement screw for the rear axle of the cryptkeeper. Mine fell out somewhere :/

Screw?

Posted: Nov 4, 2019 at 17:22 Quote
My Crypt has no screw anywhere for the dropouts. Pic?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010951
Mobile Version of Website