Powered by Outside

PA Riders

PB Forum :: USA - East
PA Riders
Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 15:10 Quote
Anyone in the area want to shuttle some DH runs in Rothrock either Sunday the 4th or Monday the 5th? I can haul three bikes and riders with my car. I need someone with a vehicle that can haul the same amount or two people that can drive standard. 570.506.3533

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 18:46 Quote
EBRhineland wrote:
Anyone in the area want to shuttle some DH runs in Rothrock either Sunday the 4th or Monday the 5th? I can haul three bikes and riders with my car. I need someone with a vehicle that can haul the same amount or two people that can drive standard. 570.506.3533
Cant do it this wknd, but am curious to see the runs. Can i contact you next time i am available? 'Course I just cracked my frame, so who knows.

Posted: Sep 2, 2011 at 20:39 Quote
PM me. I'm going out with a few guys to shuttle it on Monday. I live 2 minutes from the Tussey lot and know every trail like the back of my hand.

And like any good thing...the more the merrier.

Posted: Sep 3, 2011 at 10:42 Quote
cmcgary wrote:
EBRhineland wrote:
Cant do it this wknd, but am curious to see the runs. Can i contact you next time i am available? 'Course I just cracked my frame, so who knows.

Definitely. I'm always down shuttle and constantly looking to plan trips to Rayestown: The Dirt Roller Coaster

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 17:25 Quote
Has anybody made the trip to launch bike park at spring mountain recently? Diablo has been washed out for the past few weeks and i have really been itching to ride downhill. What is the riding like, anything comparable to diable? There website could not be more vague.

O+
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 17:46 Quote
Website is terrible. The trails have not been affected by the weather and all but one trail are open. If you go to ride this weekend, the Gravity East Series race is at Launch so lift lines will be longer than usual (meaning there might actually be a line). The wait shouldnt be bad though. The race wont affect the other trails though.

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 at 20:45 Quote
Hey north east pa riders. I have been checking out a bunch of state game lands in the bloomsburg area looking to develop some trails, looking for more downhill or free ride potential. Outside of mainville (mifflinville exit off of 80) there is a large mountain with 14,000 acres of state game lands on it with a fire road that takes you to the top. There has got to be a minimum of 800 feet of vert. Who is down for some fresh construction?

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 22:02 Quote
ehl223 wrote:
Hey north east pa riders. I have been checking out a bunch of state game lands in the bloomsburg area looking to develop some trails, looking for more downhill or free ride potential. Outside of mainville (mifflinville exit off of 80) there is a large mountain with 14,000 acres of state game lands on it with a fire road that takes you to the top. There has got to be a minimum of 800 feet of vert. Who is down for some fresh construction?

I'll donate a weekend.

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 at 22:04 Quote
EBRhineland wrote:
ehl223 wrote:

I'll donate a weekend.

or two... or three. whatever's needed to start something decent.

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 6:21 Quote
PA riders who need a place to ride may want to look at this ride report:

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=124007

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 at 19:20 Quote
York PA here....Rocky Ridge is my primary spot.

Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 5:38 Quote
komodo1 wrote:
Website is terrible. The trails have not been affected by the weather and all but one trail are open. If you go to ride this weekend, the Gravity East Series race is at Launch so lift lines will be longer than usual (meaning there might actually be a line). The wait shouldnt be bad though. The race wont affect the other trails though.

BMW, Stigmata, a few others on the left side of the mountain are all still closed. Along with Indycross, the last portion of lower breakout, the progression drops, the big wall, and the last two tables on the bottom of alpine.

After the floods, the first two trails stated above were closed along with lower breakout, even more trails on the left side of the mountain, and the flume drop.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2011 at 11:54 Quote
Its strange Diablo announced they would stay open late into November, but then only days later, said october 31st is the closing day. I was planning a trip in November too, so thats disappointing.

Atleast there are other bike parks open late.

Posted: Oct 26, 2011 at 5:05 Quote
Major bummer about Diablo not being open into November...but I assume they had staffing issues or they had to turn the mountain back over to the winter crew to get the trails in shape for the ski season. Ill be there on saturday so if you see me say hi. Also dress warm as they are calling for snow on saturday. I just hope it hold off alittle so I can get some runs in before it gets greasy. That place is greasy when it rains, I cant imagine when it snows.

Also does anyone know if there is WiFi at diablo? I need to get concert tickets right when they go onsale at noon on saturday!

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 at 5:37 Quote
Icculus19425 wrote:
Major bummer about Diablo not being open into November...but I assume they had staffing issues or they had to turn the mountain back over to the winter crew to get the trails in shape for the ski season. Ill be there on saturday so if you see me say hi. Also dress warm as they are calling for snow on saturday. I just hope it hold off alittle so I can get some runs in before it gets greasy. That place is greasy when it rains, I cant imagine when it snows.

Also does anyone know if there is WiFi at diablo? I need to get concert tickets right when they go onsale at noon on saturday!

A couple of us plan on heading to Diablo Saturday as well. It seems like the forecasters have no idea what is going to happen. Went from 41 and 50% chance of rain yesterday, to 48 and 30% chance today. Hopefully it holds off like you said. I will be there on a blue Stinky and more than likely will have a helmet cam on (or chesty). I also hope it stays decent for most of the day. Rocks in the wet doesn't sound too fun, and I love the left side of the hill (off the lift).

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013310
Mobile Version of Website