Powered by Outside

The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 16:14 Quote
On the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm 5' 8" (really long legs and arms/short torso) with a 20.5" WTP Crysis frame. I found a sick deal on a new WTP Clash frame, but it's 21". Is thst too big? The seat angle is 70.5, so I figure that helps shorten th feel, but not sure.

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
On the opposite side of the spectrum, I'm 5' 8" (really long legs and arms/short torso) with a 20.5" WTP Crysis frame. I found a sick deal on a new WTP Clash frame, but it's 21". Is thst too big? The seat angle is 70.5, so I figure that helps shorten th feel, but not sure.
I'm the same height as you and running a 21" and it feels sweet riding big dirt stuff and bowls but takes a lot more muscle for street riding. I'd recommend 20.5-20.75 for street.

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Just bought a 21" Premium Duo. I rode flatland and park about 10 years ago, haven't touched a bmx since. Looking forward to heading to Joyride this winter!

Anyone else have this bike? Picked it up for about 450 CAD, seems like it should fit my needs just fine. Need some hybrid pegs, freecoaster and a linear brake cable and I'm set!

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 16:07 Quote
I did have the duo for a bit. Just the frame. I didn't personally like how long it felt at the time but it held up real well. I did manage to bend the dropout a little around my axel from bein a hack learning grinds so there's that.
As a complete frame I'd say it's one of the stronger ones I've seen.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 19:46 Quote
Well that was fun reading through 150 comments and most of them about the same arguments that killed the original street thread (rip Austin)

As for fly stuff I think the issues arose when they started making super light weight shit like the Tierra frame, also its wacky geo at the time was not well received.

I had their cranks and snapped them on a feeble hard 180 on a foot high ledge

photo

as for all who is OG and who isnt I was doin some membering about arguments of long past (been a member since 03 under a different user name and had the date reset when I changed it)

Who wants to go back to bike guide lol

Also I have a vague memory of Sherb swinging his ban Hammer against me, as what ever happened to TUC?

EDIT: Justin that edger to 450 g turn is the best thing I have seen all year!!! duder Ta fuq too siq!!!

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 20:09 Quote
Haha. Thanks Rory!

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 20:28 Quote
Yeah the Electrocoaster video was sick

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 22:24 Quote
TUC just stopped using pink bike as much. i see him from time to time at joyride tho still rocking his 2009 low wide af bars and lil tiny plastic seat lol

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 22:32 Quote
Ben-S wrote:
Yeah the Electrocoaster video was sick
Thanks Ben.

In case you're wondering, during the summer I tried to edit that footage you filmed in Whitehorse, but the clips kept making my editing program crash. I'll re-visit all of those clips at some point this Winter. I'm hoping it'll work on my old computer which has an older version of Premiere.

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 22:37 Quote
nwthumbs wrote:
TUC just stopped using pink bike as much. i see him from time to time at joyride tho still rocking his 2009 low wide af bars and lil tiny plastic seat lol
Every year or two I end up showing somebody his early videos for comedy's sake. The legacy remains.....

Posted: Nov 29, 2016 at 23:25 Quote
justin99 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
Every year or two I end up showing somebody his early videos for comedy's sake. The legacy remains.....
I want a link, please

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 5:00 Quote
I am still alive but I don't ride street...

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 5:40 Quote
Oh man oh man. I have meet that guy and when his bars slipped he pulled out a f*cking protractor and we were all dieing. He is OCD according to his close friends in Port Hope... He was so ocd he ran no chain because of flow lmfao.

Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
jespinal wrote:
justin99 wrote:
nwthumbs wrote:
I want a link, please
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/the-ultimate-cyclist/channel/all/?page=18

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.462680
Mobile Version of Website