Powered by Outside

Show your e-MTB

PB Forum :: eMTB
Show your e-MTB
Posted: Feb 24, 2023 at 0:43 Quote
Kenevo mullet with a new 40 to replace the boxxer ultimate. 45% off a few months back! Too good a deal to turn down.
Its brought the a2c up from 580mm to 600mm and I though I may need to get the 190mm airshaft, but it rides so good im not going to bother.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2023 at 16:14 Quote
Is it camo? I don’t see it.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 20:17 Quote
fredro wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

So I'm doing the custom fork decals and also going back to my favorite brakes. The XTRs work good, and have plenty of stopping power, I'm just not liking the lever feel and spongy modulation. I've bled them twice, and they're adequate, but I just prefer the overall feeling of the Hopes. Plus, what brake company gives you THREE sets of pads, including hardware and hose fittings!

How did you find the Hope (T4 V4?) upgrade for the EBike? I just purchased a '22 Bullit and took a rip around today, already expecting an upgrade will be needed to Hope.

Db

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 21:08 Quote
Those were actually Tech3 v4, and were great!

Now I'm running Hayes Dominions, and I really like those as well. Much cheaper than the Hopes also.

Posted: Mar 19, 2023 at 22:02 Quote
bulldoug wrote:
fredro wrote:

So I'm doing the custom fork decals and also going back to my favorite brakes. The XTRs work good, and have plenty of stopping power, I'm just not liking the lever feel and spongy modulation. I've bled them twice, and they're adequate, but I just prefer the overall feeling of the Hopes. Plus, what brake company gives you THREE sets of pads, including hardware and hose fittings!

How did you find the Hope (T4 V4?) upgrade for the EBike? I just purchased a '22 Bullit and took a rip around today, already expecting an upgrade will be needed to Hope.

Db

I run t4 V4 on a transition scout and saints on a heckler. I would choose saints over the v4 for an e-bike personally. There’s just something about the ease in the shimano lever feel compared to hopes where I have to pull hard

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 6:33 Quote
You can also upgrade hope pads with either MTX Gold pads or Galfer ebike or pro pads. Both are a good improvement and give 1 finger braking on my ebike, (with E4’s).

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 16:49 Quote
831SCB wrote:
bulldoug wrote:
fredro wrote:

Db

I run t4 V4 on a transition scout and saints on a heckler. I would choose saints over the v4 for an e-bike personally. There’s just something about the ease in the shimano lever feel compared to hopes where I have to pull hard

I run old school Hopes' on a 2010 Nomad (my old bike my son rides now) and the Hope were always awesome feeling - one finger operation and unreal stopping power. I haven't tried a set of anything newer than that, did they change over the years?
Db

Posted: Mar 29, 2023 at 7:34 Quote
https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/vh8Fst30OeRA

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 12:11 Quote
Got my 23 Relay this weekend. XX AXS and holy cow, this thing is great.

I didn't like CODE brakes but with the HS2 rotors, they are better (probably end up with MTX pads at some point). The new close-to-bar setup looks slick. And the silver on the calipers is pretty!

New XX AXS Transmission is as good as I've heard. Don't love the new controller so I might go back to the prior one. I wish things like old chains worked.

The fazua motor is the right balance. Help but not cheating. Smooth and quiet. The controller for the fazua is crap. Not responsive and very cheap (look at reviews for that and Pivot Shuttle -everyone agrees). That's not Transition's fault.

Overall, love the bike. Full pics here: https://www.pinkbike.com/u/sandiegotrent/album/23-Transition-Relay-XX-AXS/
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 16:36 Quote
that bike is next on my hit list. My only gripe with the Range VLT is it's way too heavy.

Posted: Apr 18, 2023 at 7:18 Quote
Canyon Spectral ON CFR LTD with Rockshox flight attendant. Changed the some things like the brakes and drive train.
Brakes: Shimano XTR M9120
Drivetrain: SRAM XX AXS Transmission (POD ultimate is now also mounted)

Really fun to ride on the local trails....
photo

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
fredro wrote:
I have to go back and forth between riding my ebike and analog bike. I took a couple of months off the analog bike when I first got my ebike, then when I finally got back on the analog bike, it felt like I was riding a 100lbs bike in wet cement. Felt horrible! So I have to switch back and forth to keep the lungs/legs ready to go.

So would you say your fitness level took a big hit after riding the Shuttle SL? Or was it the handling? I am looking at a Shuttle SL myself (currently have a Switchblade), and was hoping the SL would give me the same workout just with the benefit of adding more loops to my rides. Biking is really my main form of exercise so I don't want to lose that!

I'm hoping that the SL would allow me to basically double the number of loops I can get out of a ride in the same amount of time as an analog bike. And also get a good workout. Is that a correct assumption or am I not understanding what an ebike is for? lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2023 at 11:47 Quote
You get an awesome workout! Your legs won’t diminish. You can chose to cruise or get after it. I work my ass off riding my Wild. I just don’t blow up and breathe through my eyeballs anymore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019887
Mobile Version of Website