Powered by Outside

Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 7:27 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
its-chris wrote:
bamfbmx wrote:
I love how this still going haha I’d post pics of the current whip but I don’t even know how to anymore, especially from mobile lol.

Have to get into pc mode from the bottom of the site

Even then idk how haha I don’t have the photos on pinkbike and haven’t uploaded anything forever. But my insta is beerdestroyr for those interested. My s13 is bout to be perfect as can be soon.

I do follow you from ages ago… for some reason your posts don’t show up but well haha

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 10:38 Quote
jespinal wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
jespinal wrote:
3h in I gave up and just dropped the whole subframe...still nothing next morning I come to the garage I gently push the top of the joint with a screwdriver and the motherf*cker slides in

This month is engine and trans mount plus rear bushing and strut tops which are already at my house packaged and shit

I will order new cv joints in a few months

Then a full gasket kit to rebuild the head because my valve seals are toast

I wanna save up for a pair of period correct recaro experts

The 3door mk2 is gonna stay stock mostly and I wanna buy a 5 door CE2 mk2 to drop a 1.8t with a 6spd in it as a daily

Those seats are sick.

I've been eyeballing some new seats as well. Prices went nuts on seats for some reason.
1k per seat dude lmao

I bought my car for 900
I have a spare velour Recaro interior in storage.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 14:08 Quote
holy shit ajax ! long time no see posts

when I got the '79 635csi, I had to go up into dudes attic to get it all. The door panels, all four seats, etc. it was in beautiful condition. (silver car with red leather...).

I can't say I didn't peek around to see if he had some old Sheels tucked away somewhere. lol

Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 3:20 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
jespinal wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:

Those seats are sick.

I've been eyeballing some new seats as well. Prices went nuts on seats for some reason.
1k per seat dude lmao

I bought my car for 900
I have a spare velour Recaro interior in storage.
hmmmmmm

Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 3:23 Quote
Let me do the icv delete, valve seals and crankcase breather first to see if I get this pos to run right

Posted: Jul 7, 2023 at 5:24 Quote
would move back south and daily drive the hell out of this....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-bmw-3-0cs-6/

I almost bought one of these back around '91. Same color scheme. Silver with the blue leather. It came in on trade at the Mazda dealer I worked at. Clean AF since no rust, but the back seat headrests and backrests were pretty sad. The leather effed from the Florida heat and sun. They were looking to get $6k for it back then.

Would have been a fun car. I knew absolutely nothing about them but damned that car just grabbed you. Such a good looking machine. Very sexy lines.

Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 22:38 Quote
Some pics of the last meet

Some pics I took from last meet

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 5:51 Quote
dayum chris...

Posted: Jul 26, 2023 at 8:45 Quote
yo...! anyone on any Audi forums ?

looking for one that isn't lame duck. I am picking up an Allroad and I went to the allroad forum and there's about as much action as a dead fish.

I mean look at this shit. buncha posts with ZERO responses.

https://www.allroad.org/

That's about as bad as bimmerforum's E70 thread Dead Horse

wondering if anyone has any experience with the Audi forums and had any recommendations...

appreciate ya in advance....

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 14:07 Quote
Forums are dead for the most part. Thank Facebook.

Our Subaru forums used to be INSANELY active. I think I have 60k posts between the 2 of them. They're dead now. A couple of us old farts say hi every now and again. Nasioc... some folks still use classifieds. But it's all regional on Facebook and shitty. Need to be in 12 Subaru groups to keep up.

What type of stuff are you looking for? I have a few Audi heads in my list of friends. 034 guys. Etc.

Posted: Jul 27, 2023 at 15:55 Quote
I think Reddit killed forums more than facebook. Why would you bother with a specific forum when you could get all the forums in one place?

Reddit’s recent API changes could change that, but it’s unlikely.

Posted: Jul 28, 2023 at 3:57 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
Forums are dead for the most part. Thank Facebook.

Our Subaru forums used to be INSANELY active. I think I have 60k posts between the 2 of them. They're dead now. A couple of us old farts say hi every now and again. Nasioc... some folks still use classifieds. But it's all regional on Facebook and shitty. Need to be in 12 Subaru groups to keep up.

What type of stuff are you looking for? I have a few Audi heads in my list of friends. 034 guys. Etc.

hey army !!

not looking for anything in particular really, just responsiveness when you're working on solving some of the odd issues that come up with these types of vehicles. and people that know wtf they are doing...LOL

bimmerforum's E39 thread is really active. It's a good community for repairs, mods, etc.... There's lots of good people on there with tons of history. hell, I still jump in to help people despite not being E39'd up anymore. mye28 is a good one too.

I can always count on responses in those two forums.

Posted: Jul 28, 2023 at 14:45 Quote
Audizine used to be the best...

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 14:05 Quote
adm750 wrote:
yo...! anyone on any Audi forums ?

looking for one that isn't lame duck. I am picking up an Allroad and I went to the allroad forum and there's about as much action as a dead fish.

I mean look at this shit. buncha posts with ZERO responses.

https://www.allroad.org/

That's about as bad as bimmerforum's E70 thread Dead Horse

wondering if anyone has any experience with the Audi forums and had any recommendations...

appreciate ya in advance....
DO NOT GET AN ALLROAD

Unless you can do the timing chain yourself it's a 5k fix because audi thought that it would be a good idea to put it in the back of the engine, also the air ride is prone to failure.

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 17:33 Quote
Wasn’t the AllRoad so bad that Doug Demuro ran one over with his Land Rover?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028137
Mobile Version of Website