Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 5:26 Quote
Riding takes too much time :S

Wish I had some more… been getting into photography and kinda working around it.
Been camping a lot and that’s a lot of fun

O+
Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 8:22 Quote
I have been moving away from the automotive scene for the past couple years and actually riding bikes way more.

This is the current project which I have up for sale. Got hooked up with Airlift Performance as a "shop car" for my shop.

Then I lost all motivation and decided bikes are more fun.

Current project also for sale. 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88.

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 8:54 Quote
I was getting into off-road tried building a rig, sold it and part of the trade in was a turbo Honda, was fun until I blew up the engine, is sitting on the front yard, crashed it with my daily… debating if engine rebuild or make it a stock daily again and use it as a cheap thing to go around…

Car scene is toxic as f*ck haha

Posted: Dec 8, 2023 at 10:08 Quote
marlon-d wrote:
I have been moving away from the automotive scene for the past couple years and actually riding bikes way more.

This is the current project which I have up for sale. Got hooked up with Airlift Performance as a "shop car" for my shop.

Then I lost all motivation and decided bikes are more fun.

Current project also for sale. 1964 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88.

man, I dig that..!

Posted: Dec 9, 2023 at 13:45 Quote
its-chris wrote:
I was getting into off-road tried building a rig, sold it and part of the trade in was a turbo Honda, was fun until I blew up the engine, is sitting on the front yard, crashed it with my daily… debating if engine rebuild or make it a stock daily again and use it as a cheap thing to go around…

Car scene is toxic as f*ck haha

That last sentence right there… truth. Car people aren’t loyal at all. F*** em. But now I have a 91 civic hatchback so I can spend more money on parts and less on gas again

Posted: Dec 11, 2023 at 12:31 Quote
marlon-d wrote:
Yep, 1964.

love the 60's rides. My 68 Impala was a coupe...

Early morning on Sunday's the exotic crowd would run the 285 perimeter loop around Atlanta back in the late 80's. All kinds of cool shit would be out there running close to flat out.

The usual fare: Porsches, Lambo's, Ferraris, Panteras, you name it...whatever else you could conjure up was usually running out there. Shit I'd never seen before till I moved down there.

then there's me in my 68 coupe...got that 327 to the wood...getting my doors blown off. Lots of stored energy to haul down with 4 wheel drum brakes. lol

Posted: Feb 7, 2024 at 0:57 Quote
adm750 wrote:
leaving this right here....

Not the best sounding BRM but very close...
IMO the 1.5L Supercharged V16 from the 50's is quite possibly the best sounding race engine ever...

Posted: Feb 9, 2024 at 10:31 Quote
thanks Skootur - you made my day here. That's a sound to be reckoned with and that thing must have been an absolute handful to drive. Eek

the old 1.5 liter motors were definitely incredible sounding pieces of equipment.

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 19:35 Quote
You might call me stupid, but I just bought myself a 91 Corolla DLX all-trac 5-spd as my daily. Where tf do I find parts. Was looking at getting a short throw, but nobody seems to stock any. Any help with sourcing parts for this weird ass car is welcome.

Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 19:38 Quote
Also, that BRM 16 wasn't something I knew existed, but god damn that's a beauty.

Posted: Mar 2, 2024 at 0:29 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:
You might call me stupid, but I just bought myself a 91 Corolla DLX all-trac 5-spd as my daily. Where tf do I find parts. Was looking at getting a short throw, but nobody seems to stock any. Any help with sourcing parts for this weird ass car is welcome.

Swap a 3sgte in the thang and call it a day

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 4:05 Quote
DaFreerider44 wrote:

wouldn't fault that decision at all, that's a car I'd DD the shit out of Wink

with the amount of following Toyota's have, I would think you could get a salvage-yard part to fill the bill. Stock Corolla GTS shifter same as TRD part ???

maybe start here and work your way around the interwebz....

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads/ae92-gts-short-shifter.71404/

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038323
Mobile Version of Website