Powered by Outside

Boredom Central

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Boredom Central
Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 3:24 Quote
That's funny because according to Stats Canada 0.002% ("21 of every 100,000") of "violent crime" in 2012 (most recent report I can find) was gun-related and 80% of that was suicide.

Sheeeeeeit, does that mean your British lads are shooting each other more than we are?

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 5:27 Quote
Probably, I have no idea haha. They made it very hard to get a firearms license here a long time ago. Shotguns aren't hard to get but anything after that is stricter. I don't believe you can legally buy any handgun, automatic weapon or semi automatic weapon above .22 calibre. The UK's first and only school shooting was in 1996 and since then the only spree was in 2010 by some nutcase with a shotgun.

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 6:53 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Probably, I have no idea haha. They made it very hard to get a firearms license here a long time ago. Shotguns aren't hard to get but anything after that is stricter. I don't believe you can legally buy any handgun, automatic weapon or semi automatic weapon above .22 calibre. The UK's first and only school shooting was in 1996 and since then the only spree was in 2010 by some nutcase with a shotgun.
UK and Australia both had knee jerk reactions to a shooting, and I think both were in '96. We've had two shootings at schools. One in '75 and one in January this year. It sucks, obviously, but all things considered and comparatively, it's not all that bad.

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 7:44 Quote
Considering the difference in population it says a lot about responsible gun control in Canada in stark contrast to your esteemed neighbours - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
Anyone rode Bellingham trails before?

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 7:35 Quote
Update this thread. Two people got stabbed at my school. One died. This is abbotsford for gods sake not some far away place.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
Smason wrote:
Update this thread. Two people got stabbed at my school. One died. This is abbotsford for gods sake not some far away place.

I saw that, that's f*cked and so sad Frown Sounds like it was kids or relatives of some of the 4wd community over there as I saw it on he 4wdabc page.
An 18 rear old was killed in a hit and run here as well. They just arrested the person trying to get to the mainland, people reported a car with heavy front end damage on the ferry, arrested him in Horseshoe bay. Kid was walking home after a party, and got hit. The shoulder of the road is so big too, really wonder what happened.

Posted: Nov 2, 2016 at 15:34 Quote
Some people just go act on everyone else's "what if"

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
Remy Metailler broke his back... ://

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
I dont think I've ever seen a backflip end that way.. that was different

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 20:43 Quote
Happy new year, any audiophiles out there, my dad just picked up a Samsung Soundbar with wireless subwoofer. And basically when he cranks it up, the sub drives bass, but it gives a serious buzzing/humming that sounds to me like clipping, but I'm asking anyone else if they know better. He has returned the unit and the replacement is doing the same.

Posted: Apr 1, 2017 at 10:27 Quote
That's how I imagine me flipping a bike would end.

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 1:49 Quote
Smason wrote:
Happy new year, any audiophiles out there, my dad just picked up a Samsung Soundbar with wireless subwoofer. And basically when he cranks it up, the sub drives bass, but it gives a serious buzzing/humming that sounds to me like clipping, but I'm asking anyone else if they know better. He has returned the unit and the replacement is doing the same.
I'd have to be there to hear it but the last time I had a subwoofer make a humming noise I warrantied it and got a new one.

If it sounds like distortion the audio is too loud for it and you are wearing it out prematurely and rapidly.

Posted: Apr 2, 2017 at 23:58 Quote
I'll send a clip over DM

Posted: Apr 3, 2017 at 0:07 Quote
Get someone you know to listen to it in person. Bass translates horribly over cell phone recordings stored in a compressed media format and played online.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.043265
Mobile Version of Website