Powered by Outside

Specialized Status

PB Forum :: Downhill
Specialized Status
O+
Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 14:56 Quote
kwapik wrote:
I believe the Specialized Zee II cage works. Maybe a friend has one for you can try.

Thanks, I decided to just order a Zee cage, hopefully that will work because the Lezyne flow cage sure didnt. Madder

Posted: Nov 4, 2020 at 23:27 Quote
Lezyne flow fits a full size bottle in the s4

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 10:19 Quote
Purpledragonslayer wrote:
Lezyne flow fits a full size bottle in the s4

ok, thanks. I tried one on the S3 and no bottle would fit at all. So i tried a simple wire cage and both small and large bottles fit. I want something a little classier looking, so ordered a Spec Zee cage, hoping that will work, we'll see Smile

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Yeah, hopefully it'll work for you on the S3 size.

Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 11:53 Quote
Has anyone tried a coil shock on their status? Wondering if it's progressive enough? I'm not a huge fan of how deep into the travel the DPX2 sits even with the largest volume spacer fitted.
I'm on a status 140.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2020 at 11:54 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Yeah, hopefully it'll work for you on the S3 size.
Big Grin hoping so.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
shamanoff wrote:
26 aint dead
photo

sea Big Grin

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
shamanoff wrote:
26 aint dead
photo

sea Big Grin

Ase ğardaşım xD

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 14:05 Quote
Y
Specialized status 2014 Rockshox Boxxer team 2015 Rockshox vivid air unknown age think its 2014 onward flow rims zee brakes magic Mary rear tyre dirty Dan front for the Scottish winters
Yeah think we're going to be over run by mullets now, but still love my old one

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 14:47 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
Y
Specialized status 2014 Rockshox Boxxer team 2015 Rockshox vivid air unknown age think its 2014 onward flow rims zee brakes magic Mary rear tyre dirty Dan front for the Scottish winters

Nice build mate. How does it handle with dc fork? Im planning to buy a boxxer rc too.

Posted: Nov 6, 2020 at 16:00 Quote
shamanoff wrote:
grantgeesmith wrote:
Y

Nice build mate. How does it handle with dc fork? Im planning to buy a boxxer rc too.

Yeah man it's sick with them on man, handles them good, does make it bit harder to chuck about, but handles everything, bought I with the xfusion but broke them so got myself a set of boxxer team's and not looked back for past 5 years

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 15:56 Quote
I only have 2 rides on my Status 160 so far, due to the weather and trail conditions in my area, but was curious what position the flip chip was in from the factory. The shop I bought it from said they thought it was in the low (or slack) position. I finally checked it out today and discovered it was in the HIGH position. Since the geo is so slack, I was entertaining the idea of switching it to high, to make it more pedally, but guess I dont need to now. It definitely pedals great IMO in the high position.

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 19:23 Quote
mikeinhoodriver wrote:
I only have 2 rides on my Status 160 so far, due to the weather and trail conditions in my area, but was curious what position the flip chip was in from the factory. The shop I bought it from said they thought it was in the low (or slack) position. I finally checked it out today and discovered it was in the HIGH position. Since the geo is so slack, I was entertaining the idea of switching it to high, to make it more pedally, but guess I dont need to now. It definitely pedals great IMO in the high position.

Slamming the seat all the way forward really helps!

Posted: Dec 18, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
grantgeesmith wrote:
shamanoff wrote:
grantgeesmith wrote:
Y

Yeah man it's sick with them on man, handles them good, does make it bit harder to chuck about, but handles everything, bought I with the xfusion but broke them so got myself a set of boxxer team's and not looked back for past 5 years
I can second this, had the same setup on mine and it monstertrucked everything. Was thinking about offset bushings and angleset to slacken it a bit, but then I cracked the weld between chainstays so I said farewell to my beloved build.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018197
Mobile Version of Website