Powered by Outside

Better Suspension + Less Money = Major Win

PB Forum :: Downhill
Better Suspension + Less Money = Major Win
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 1:14 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
I want to see them make a new cartridge for the Pike chassis. That would be amazing, I may actually be drawn away from Manitou if they did that.

To my knowledge the pike line has ended, so it's unlikely that anything will be developed for them from here on in.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 1:18 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:
I want to see them make a new cartridge for the Pike chassis. That would be amazing, I may actually be drawn away from Manitou if they did that.

To my knowledge the pike line has ended, so it's unlikely that anything will be developed for them from here on in.

It still exists with motion control, its just the Argyle RCT now (or so I have heard). So make it for that since motion control sucks and the chassis is great.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 1:23 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:
sherbet wrote:
ninjatarian wrote:

It still exists with motion control, its just the Argyle RCT now (or so I have heard). So make it for that since motion control sucks and the chassis is great.

Or revelation/rev150.

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 6:58 Quote
ninjatarian wrote:

if their current products started taking off, I wouldn't doubt that they'd expand to other forks/shocks. for that to happen though, they need better marketing as said above.

I do agree on the website being an issue, getting a kid to revamp/update the site would definitely help them out. the website still showed that the 888 adapter wasn't available yet for another week when I first inquired/ordered. had I waited for the 888 "release date" on the website to order, I would have been SOL; the 888 adapters had already been out for a week and the cartridges nearly sold out (website hadn't been updated).

but as Hummeroid said, calling them gets a pro response. hell, I ordered my cartridge online, and Craig called me within 10 minutes of the order to make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted/needed. even emails on weekends got a quick response. having been ignored and left to the wolves twice this year by Cane Creek, I was rather shocked by how hands-on Craig is. makes me wish I had never bought a CCDB...

Posted: Sep 14, 2010 at 14:19 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
cthorpe wrote:
IMO these are great options if you are rebuilding a fork you currently have.

wish they offered a replacement air spring cartridge kit for the 888. i would buy one in a heartbeat.

They are fundamentally averse to air springs but....... keep an eye out. Wink

i will definitely keep watch

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 13:37 Quote
holy shit I got a thread invite from DM, blew my mind.

If they want to get their name out they should totalllllllyyy give me some free stuff and I will get their name out there hahahahahhaha But in all seriousness, Avalanche is the beez kneez and when you get it setup to your liking it will be in its own league

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 15:41 Quote
iggys wrote:

WORD, havent logged on in months. Pop on, look whos back... ...Thought everyone knew about Avalanche though?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 15:45 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
iggys wrote:

WORD, havent logged on in months. Pop on, look whos back... ...Thought everyone knew about Avalanche though?
Whatever I got my invite first!!!

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 at 19:14 Quote
harlieandhis250 wrote:
iggys wrote:

they seem to have fallen off the nuthugger list since shocks like BOS, Cane Creek, the Boxxer WC etc became universally known as the bestest things evar. LOL

biking in BC over the last long weekend, I got nothing but completely dumbfounded looks when people I met/biked with heard that I had an Avalanche cartridge in my 888. I had the "who's Avalanche?" question popped 3 times the first day, while I was stopped at the side of the trails tinkering to get it dialed in....

seems many people simply don't know or remember.

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 7:24 Quote
I am getting bored of seeing the new Boxxer on everything. Did people forget there are other options? I would take the new Dorado over a Boxxer any day. I want to see Elka start making forks too.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 9:07 Quote
the new dorado is nice, but i still think the avalanche damper is better. i give big points for user tunability and serviceability too which avalanche has in spades. i wish i could have a clear fork, cause thats how good all the machine work is...

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 9:34 Quote
you guys now about suspention , whats the best forks for a cove stiffee

Posted: Sep 16, 2010 at 11:54 Quote
K-Forbes wrote:
you guys now about suspention , whats the best forks for a cove stiffee
Avalanche. Git some.

Posted: Apr 19, 2011 at 15:08 Quote
Avalanche cartridge! So impressive in person! Can't wait to see how it rides! Should have it installed Thursday or Friday when my cartridge fluid shows up!

photo

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015062
Mobile Version of Website