Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Upgrades for 2011 Kona Shred
Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 16:40 Quote
Coffeycake gtfo, you ARE wrong. Cut the bullshit.

BMX cranks are strong, MTB cranks are strong.

Put MTB cranks on a BMX bike... cranks are just as strong as if they were on an MTB
Put BMX cranks on an MTB... CRANKS ARE JUST AS STRONG AS IF THEY WERE ON A BMX!

Now, i DARE you to ask me the question that you have in your head (the one that goes "well then why are there BMX cranks and MTB cranks?")

Blank Stare

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 16:50 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

Put MTB cranks on a BMX bike... cranks are just as strong as if they were on an MTB

Now, i DARE you to ask me the question that you have in your head (the one that goes "well then why are there BMX cranks and MTB cranks?")

Blank Stare

that is NOT my question. my question is why do all good dhers use mtb cranks? i know the answer. do you?

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 17:22 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Blank Stare

that is NOT my question. my question is why do all good dhers use mtb cranks? i know the answer. do you?
First of all, not all good DHers use MTB cranks Blank Stare

And yes, as a matter of fact i do. Whip

I wanna know why you seem to think that the crank's strength changes depending on what bike you put it on.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 17:30 Quote
get snafu or profile cranks, bmx cranks are far better at taking large impacts. dh cranks are designed to take force, but theyre lighter, dh bikes have suspensions so they dont take shapr impacts as much as gradual force.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 17:32 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Blank Stare

I wanna know why you seem to think that the crank's strength changes depending on what bike you put it on.

When did i say that? tell me why good dhers use mtb cranks. tell me.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:

because dh cranks are designed to dh, theyre set up fro chainrings and chainguides. theyre lighter too, also all good dh riders have a component sponser

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:

you said it on the first page:

bigquotesnot true AT ALL. bmx cranks are strong for bmxers not mtbers.

and READ WHAT I SAID!

Not all good DHers use MTB cranks you twit.

The reason that MTB cranks are MTB cranks is because they accept big chainrings... MOST BMX cranks don't!

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:39 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

you said it on the first page:

bigquotesnot true AT ALL. bmx cranks are strong for bmxers not mtbers.

and READ WHAT I SAID!

Not all good DHers use MTB cranks you twit.

The reason that MTB cranks are MTB cranks is because they accept big chainrings... MOST BMX cranks don't!
Im not gonna take part in this arguement, but did you seriously say "twit"?

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:42 Quote
yeah, i said twit... fairly common insult...

Definition of a twit

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:51 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

Definition of a twit

it actually isnt a common insult. but whatever im not worried about it.

yeah they can accept larger chain rings but the circumference of the full rotation is larger than a bmx's rotation. this is because bmx cranks stick farther out. its good for bmxers cause it helps with pedal grinds. but its bad for mtb cause in tight rock sections you want your bike skinny as possible.

do you agree with what im saying? both cranks have their advantages and their disadvantages are minor

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:52 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Definition of a twit

yeah they can accept larger chain rings but the circumference of the full rotation is larger than a bmx's rotation. this is because bmx cranks stick farther out. its good for bmxers cause it helps with pedal grinds. but its bad for mtb cause in tight rock sections you want your bike skinny as possible.

do you agree with what im saying? both cranks have their advantages and their disadvantages are minor
wtf?!

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:57 Quote
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Definition of a twit

erm... do you even ride a bike?

My vagrant's pedals are farther apart than any BMX i've ridden. And for good reason.

You lose.
Again.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 18:58 Quote
Ive been on Infiltrators side this whole time :3

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 19:26 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

Definition of a twit

My vagrant's pedals are farther apart than any BMX i've ridden. And for good reason.

You lose.
Again.
trust me. he rides bikes.

Posted: Mar 10, 2011 at 19:31 Quote
muddigger wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
coffeycake96 wrote:

You lose.
Again.
trust me. he rides bikes.

Im not sure if I should trust you,

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017204
Mobile Version of Website