Powered by Outside

My new Intense Slopestyle- finnally here!

PB Forum :: Downhill
My new Intense Slopestyle- finnally here!
Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:04 Quote
I really like the colour.
Quality shocks too Smile
Nice choice of parts altogether.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:23 Quote
sick frame and unbeateble built props man

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
Great bike!

Do you have a pic of it on a scale? 33.5 lbs with a coil shock, saint cranks and the coil version of the 36 seams a little off. Still it does look pretty light.

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:51 Quote
beyootiful
i like
except for the bars that's a dream build

Posted: Dec 16, 2007 at 21:53 Quote
holy if that is really 33.5, it really would not be a major challenge to get it down to 30 and still be sturdy!

Love it.

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 8:39 Quote
That bike is HAWT! where did you get the King 1.5? thats some exclusive ish right there.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 7:08 Quote
Hey. Im building one of these now too. Just wondering when you ordered your E13 LG1. Am I right in saying the frame mount is ISCG and not the newer larger size of ISCG 05 correct? Need to get mine ordered and wanna make sure I get it right. Going by measurements Im pretty sure Im right. Just wanna ask someone who has already done it.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
Here is my progress on mine so far:-

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b175/carlb4/SP_A0166.jpg

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
A shade over 36, now has blue ano Chromag OSX bars.

Used for AM, bike park and shuttle runs.

photo
SS

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 10:22 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
A shade over 36, now has blue ano Chromag OSX bars.

Used for AM, bike park and shuttle runs.

photo
SS

Nice mate. How you find the air shock? I have got one coming for mine but ppl keep saying to me to keep the coil as it is better?

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 10:38 Quote
typecaRl wrote:
Nice mate. How you find the air shock? I have got one coming for mine but ppl keep saying to me to keep the coil as it is better?

S'alright actually, everything I read past the complaints said it was all about getting the setup right. It feels alright, subtle, lands sweet, back end sticks to the ground when landing, no fuss. I'm still messing with setup right now (only had 5 days on the bike so far) so it has to get worked in and maybe a little less PSI in the main chamber (currently set at +10 over body weight right now). I have coil on my full blown DH rig so it's not a big deal to lose a little springiness somewhere,and if it was my only bike or more for the DH side, I'd maybe advise to go with spring instead.

The bike's built for a bit of everything, mellow AM, AM workout, shuttle rip, bike park jump trails etc so it's a compromise of sorts but doesn't really feel like it. It's tight, fast, incredible acceleration, light, pops like crazy, corners like crazy, easy to handle but stable at speed too.

ps I hear the '09 air is better than the '08, they ironed out some kinks along the way.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
GnarlyX wrote:
typecaRl wrote:

S'alright actually, everything I read past the complaints said it was all about getting the setup right. It feels alright, subtle, lands sweet, back end sticks to the ground when landing, no fuss. I'm still messing with setup right now (only had 5 days on the bike so far) so it has to get worked in and maybe a little less PSI in the main chamber (currently set at +10 over body weight right now). I have coil on my full blown DH rig so it's not a big deal to lose a little springiness somewhere,and if it was my only bike or more for the DH side, I'd maybe advise to go with spring instead.

The bike's built for a bit of everything, mellow AM, AM workout, shuttle rip, bike park jump trails etc so it's a compromise of sorts but doesn't really feel like it. It's tight, fast, incredible acceleration, light, pops like crazy, corners like crazy, easy to handle but stable at speed too.

ps I hear the '09 air is better than the '08, they ironed out some kinks along the way.

Cool cool. Sounds good mate. Well as I have already ordered the air I have the luxury of being able to try both so will see how I get on and eventually sell the one I decide not to go with.

Posted: Jan 20, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
Hey typecaRI,
Here's a link to a thread on MTBR...Intense is going to ISCG-05 in 2009. I'm pretty sure you have the ISCG-OLD(03) tabs on there right now. If anyone else *just* got a new frame, you might have an 09 and therefore ISCG-05 tabs.

Take a look:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=453969&highlight=intense+iscg-05

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017243
Mobile Version of Website