Powered by Outside

YT Industries Tues DH, anyone?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
YT Industries Tues DH, anyone?
Posted: May 3, 2012 at 11:16 Quote
tabletop84 wrote:
raptorkill wrote:
Thinking of getting a 2012 Tues DH 2.0 Anyone whos got one, how do they ride and how are they holding up? Thinking of getting a 2012 Tues DH 2.0. Cheers

The first ones will be delivered to the customers in the first weeks of may. There's only one review of a german mag currently out there. It's got tested against the aurum 1 and won or at least was described as better at high speeds.

I think the frame will be very good since it got only minor changes to the geometry an kinematics compared to the old model with was praised by customers and magazines.

I'll take delivery of the ltd. model in the following weeks hopefully (originally was planned to be delivered in april). I already had to borrow a bike for my first race and probably will have to do this for the second one too. So be sure to order early and have a second bike because the demand for these bikes is currently very high.

Sweet cheers man, gonna order it tonight i think. Hopefully it will get here in time for a race im doing in late June

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 11:24 Quote
watch out, according to the website for new orders the availabilty is already extended to late july:

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/index.php?page=product&info=215

Thte problem is that they didn't expect that much ltd customers and the ship who delivers the frames had a motor faiilure so they are way behind the shecule.

You might look into the normal tues 2012 quite a few people got this already.

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 10:33 Quote
I messaged them when my shock went faulty about warrenty and got an instant reply!

FL
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 18:20 Quote
tabletop84 wrote:
raptorkill wrote:
Thinking of getting a 2012 Tues DH 2.0 Anyone whos got one, how do they ride and how are they holding up? Thinking of getting a 2012 Tues DH 2.0. Cheers

The first ones will be delivered to the customers in the first weeks of may. There's only one review of a german mag currently out there. It's got tested against the aurum 1 and won or at least was described as better at high speeds.

I think the frame will be very good since it got only minor changes to the geometry an kinematics compared to the old model with was praised by customers and magazines.

I'll take delivery of the ltd. model in the following weeks hopefully (originally was planned to be delivered in april). I already had to borrow a bike for my first race and probably will have to do this for the second one too. So be sure to order early and have a second bike because the demand for these bikes is currently very high.

It's a German mag. It's obvious a German bike will win. If it was freeride they also favor parts vs frame heavily.

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 1:48 Quote
I made a mistake: They didn't test the Aurum 1 but the Aurum 2!!!!

this one: http://www.rockmachine-germany.de/products/Dirt-Enduro-Freeride-Downhill/Norco-Dirt-Enduro-Downhill-Bikes/Norco-Aurum-2-Downhill-Bike-2012.html

No it was MTB Rider and the Tues didn't 'win' the test. There was no winner announced. It was just a comparison.

It basically came down to the difference of the suspension components. They wrote that the Norco feels softer and has better small bump compliance but when things get rough and fast the Tues plays out the advantages of the better suspension components.

They also said that the Norco felt a little more playfully in the corners and the Tues more stable but then the norco had a 425 chainstay-length and they tested the Tues in the mid-430-setting.

So the main differences are:

- x-fusion shock feels softer but lacks better damping of the vivid in the tues

- Tues feels firmer but more controlled at high speeds and rough sections due to better damping

- Aurum more playful in corners

-> and then compare the pricetags Smile

And the geos of the frames are almost identical with the tues having an advantage with the variable chainstay-length. I believe the Aurum frame is a little lighter: 3,7kg to 3,9kg for the tues

Posted: May 11, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
someone can translate a bit?

http://www.yt-industries.com/fileadmin/downloads/testberichte/Tues2.0_Test_Freeride_2_2012.pdf

thanks Big Grin

Posted: May 11, 2012 at 10:30 Quote
Important parts:

"The bikes handling capabilties are good. The Tues 2.0 is like a good mixture of a Specialized Demo and a Trek Session. The back with 208mm travel works sensible end effective, the traction is superb and at the same time the handling is balanced and agile. One sits deep 'in' the bike, grabs the fading-free and powerful brakes and enjoys the downhill. The 'pop' when leaving a jump is not as specacular as on a session but comparable to the demo. The vivid in the back works with the 250lbs spring extremely sensible and fast. Only a little critique from Johannes Fischbach (WC rider): "The kinematik could be a bit more progressing at the end of the travel." at highspeed even with compression and preload at max he bottomed out at a few landings. However that's only important for top riders and for those everything will be ok with a 275 or 300lbs-spring. During the 3 testing days in Bozen (alps/italy) no "normal" tester had this problem.

"Bottom Line: The Tues is cheaper than all other bikes in the test. But at the same time it has one of the most advanced kinematics, good parts and it's weight with 16,8kg is really low. A bike to ride and enjoy. Well done YT: Everything was done right!"

Posted: May 11, 2012 at 11:19 Quote
tabletop84 wrote:
Important parts:

"The bikes handling capabilties are good. The Tues 2.0 is like a good mixture of a Specialized Demo and a Trek Session. The back with 208mm travel works sensible end effective, the traction is superb and at the same time the handling is balanced and agile. One sits deep 'in' the bike, grabs the fading-free and powerful brakes and enjoys the downhill. The 'pop' when leaving a jump is not as specacular as on a session but comparable to the demo. The vivid in the back works with the 250lbs spring extremely sensible and fast. Only a little critique from Johannes Fischbach (WC rider): "The kinematik could be a bit more progressing at the end of the travel." at highspeed even with compression and preload at max he bottomed out at a few landings. However that's only important for top riders and for those everything will be ok with a 275 or 300lbs-spring. During the 3 testing days in Bozen (alps/italy) no "normal" tester had this problem.

"Bottom Line: The Tues is cheaper than all other bikes in the test. But at the same time it has one of the most advanced kinematics, good parts and it's weight with 16,8kg is really low. A bike to ride and enjoy. Well done YT: Everything was done right!"

weid first say it's a bit too linear and than it say that has best kin...

anyway from what it worth...it did 6 place on the rank...do anyone know which were the other bikes??

tabletop84 thank's a lot!!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 11, 2012 at 12:13 Quote
I think they had trouble finding a different 3,"-stroke spring and therefore the backend was too soft for the Pro-rider. The Tues 2.0 is more progressive than the old model so I don't think that's an issue kinematicwise.

They didn't say it has the best kin. The direc translation would be "has one of the most successfull (designed) chassis (among the tested bikes).

O+
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 1:46 Quote
I would just like to give my experience on YT Industries: the customer service is awful! I ordered a Noton from them and sent them an e-mail asking when I could expect delivery, no reply. I tried to phone them and nobody seemed to have any idea what I was talking about, so I gave up. I then e-mailed them again asking when it would be shipped. The reply I got was headed "the status of your order has changed" and apparently my order had been cancelled.

This has put me off the bikes for good because if there pre-sale service, when they have something to gain (ie. money), is so poor; then I hate to think what there post-sale customer service would be like.

I appreciate that occasionally things go wrong, but at the very least an explanatory e-mail or phone call would have been nice; especially in an industry which relies so heavily on word of mouth and recommendations.

Posted: May 20, 2012 at 2:14 Quote
I didn't get it: They cancelled your order without you asking for it?

But you have to remember that YT is still a small company and with their unbeatable pricing and specs the demand for these bikes is high, very high.

If you want your bike right now you have to pay more and go to your local dealer. It's as easy and simple as that. From what I've heard their after-sale customer service is excellent. They sorted out the problem with the broken chainstays quickly and even some guys with second hand frames got a replacement chainstay.

btw:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/a4/i3/a4i3yepmjwll/large_IMG_3280.jpg
I hope mine comes next week.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2012 at 2:28 Quote
The problem was: there was no correspondence from them despite numerous e-mails, no apology for the order being cancelled, no explanation until I chased them up...

I realise they're a small company and prices are very good, but how can that possibly be an excuse for poor customer service?

Posted: Jul 5, 2012 at 0:43 Quote
Hi all , got my tues 2.0 ltd on the 6/6/12, not had chance to ride it yet due to having a shoulder op.
The bike was over a month late, but can't really complain, as I've saved a huge amount of dosh .
Communications were a little bit vague at times, but looking at an email I got which had all the people on that had ordered the bike , we guesed at between 600 to 900 orders were placed, now not huge numbers in today's world, but to a small company, and not forgetting, this is only one project, this would put huge strains on their resources, I've run a small business and sometimes it seems as though everyone wants their pound of flesh all at the same time, I won't lie, I complained a bit towards the end, and to YT I apologise for this, now after seeing the bike it was worth the wait, it looks the dogs dangleys , if it rides half as good as it looks it will be awesome, as soon as I get a ride, will post some feed back.
NT

Posted: Aug 27, 2012 at 12:27 Quote
Have you managed to get some runs in on the Tues yet?
Any feedback?

Posted: Aug 27, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
I rode the bike in bikeparks and hometrails in northern germany plus one week in Portes du Soleil and can't complain so far. It rides really well, can'T compare it to any other newschool dh-bike because I rode a freerider before (trek session 07). Did a few back to back runs with a demo and a propain rage but I doubt that these are usefull due to the different setups. I felt most confident on the tues though.

It jumps, well corners well, ploughs well when it get's rough and held up well so far albeit it developed a few noises after the trips to pds. Until now I just tested the short chainstay setting.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/lo/85/lo85xuf8mo56/large_Bild0407.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022928
Mobile Version of Website