Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Best 7 inch mini DH bike?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Best 7 inch mini DH bike?
Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 15:39 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
The sx trail shits all over any bike in 6 - 7 inch freeride category. It's alot better than all the other bike's and that's before you've even taken into account the amazing spec for not alot of money.

I'd say look at the Scott voltage and intense ss but there's not really any point.
As much as I love specialized, and the new SX trails, I will have to disagree with this statement.

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 15:43 Quote
Freerideguy14 wrote:
thenotoriousmic wrote:
The sx trail shits all over any bike in 6 - 7 inch freeride category. It's alot better than all the other bike's and that's before you've even taken into account the amazing spec for not alot of money.

I'd say look at the Scott voltage and intense ss but there's not really any point.
As much as I love specialized, and the new SX trails, I will have to disagree with this statement.
I think the SX better than all of the bikes DH wise probably, but not in the jumps. IM probably going to spend the money on the tr250 because I can adjust for the long slacked out DH thing and still run it short and tight for the jumps

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 16:12 Quote
I also have a Transition Double and it is a great bike...Real tough and and I have had no problems with it...So, I second Transition....They have a great company and they are a pleasure to deal with on the phone and they warranty their stuff....TR250 is really cool looking too..

You can call Transition and they will spend the time to discuss whatever option fits you...They are super personable...

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 16:56 Quote
You wouldn't want to slacken out a 250? Why would you?

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 17:05 Quote
The SX Trail is your best bet. The TR250 is new to the market so I think it should be given a few years to work out the kinks. The SX trail has been put between countless legs, and it's still very popular. I would suggest getting a Cane Creek adjustable headset as well as an adjustable fork and shock. That way, the geo of the bike won't be set in stone.
Darren Berrecloth used the bike for slopestyle as well. That says something.

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 17:11 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
The SX Trail is your best bet. The TR250 is new to the market so I think it should be given a few years to work out the kinks. The SX trail has been put between countless legs, and it's still very popular. I would suggest getting a Cane Creek adjustable headset as well as an adjustable fork and shock. That way, the geo of the bike won't be set in stone.
I gotta disagree here, the SXT is a freeride bike, the 250 is a mini DH.

i wouldnt even consider the SXT here...

plus specialized are kind of a*sholes...

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
BUMP!

F%#k Specialized....You break frames and they tell you to go buy another....They DO NOT WARRANTY broke frames....Look up my friend "CURTDB" here on PB...He broke an SX at the head tube and they wouldn't even talk to him about replacement....Great bike but if you have issues with it you are shit out of luck!!

Get the Trans TR250 or the Faith 2010 or 2011, not older in my opinion....But DO NOT BUY A COMPLETE FAITH FROM GIANT!!! Buy a frame and build it yourself....They screwed me on mine and I ended up having to ship the Totem to Rock Shox for repair and they also chinc out on quality of components.....

Transition is great right from them direct...But, expensive too....

At the end of the day, buy a frame you like and build it yourself...You will be happy

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 20:47 Quote
dutchdjr wrote:
BUMP!

F%#k Specialized....You break frames and they tell you to go buy another....They DO NOT WARRANTY broke frames....Look up my friend "CURTDB" here on PB...He broke an SX at the head tube and they wouldn't even talk to him about replacement....Great bike but if you have issues with it you are shit out of luck!!

Get the Trans TR250 or the Faith 2010 or 2011, not older in my opinion....But DO NOT BUY A COMPLETE FAITH FROM GIANT!!! Buy a frame and build it yourself....They screwed me on mine and I ended up having to ship the Totem to Rock Shox for repair and they also chinc out on quality of components.....

Transition is great right from them direct...But, expensive too....

At the end of the day, buy a frame you like and build it yourself...You will be happy
ummm...

giant builds are usually pretty damn solid....

my lower model glory has a f*cking dialled spec out the box

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 23:42 Quote
Nobble wrote:
louiscritchie wrote:

Thanks for the heads up I'd hate to be freeriding on a mini downhill bike serious faux pau.

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 8:29 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
Nobble wrote:
louiscritchie wrote:

Thanks for the heads up I'd hate to be freeriding on a mini downhill bike serious faux pau.
no problem

The TR250 is still what i'd get...

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:

until specialized built him something better for it. ive ridden a SXT, intense ss2 (almost identical to the Tr250), an older Faith, Kona Stinky, a Scratch and a Scott gambler. i will honestly say the intense felt the best, followed by the scratch. ive never really like FSR bikes. personally, i want a Tr250, stick the new DPA Totems on it, got an awesome all round gnarly bike Smile i would try and find somewhere that has a demo model tho, so you can get sizing right.

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 13:34 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
louiscritchie wrote:

until specialized built him something better for it. ive ridden a SXT, intense ss2 (almost identical to the Tr250), an older Faith, Kona Stinky, a Scratch and a Scott gambler. i will honestly say the intense felt the best, followed by the scratch. ive never really like FSR bikes. personally, i want a Tr250, stick the new DPA Totems on it, got an awesome all round gnarly bike Smile i would try and find somewhere that has a demo model tho, so you can get sizing right.
That is my biggest issue here. Nobody seems to carry transition in their showroom and the closest demo is MOAB 500 miles away

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 14:13 Quote
oh man, that sucks. how about intense? the SS2 is almost identical, im pretty sure the sizing would transfer across.

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 14:35 Quote
what about a banshee scythe? that can be run in 180mm...

I'd highly recommend the faith though...

Posted: Aug 28, 2011 at 15:21 Quote
My 2 cents

Was riding P2 for 2 seasons as a street/dj. Felt that i am more interested in trail and freeride fun. So, thought of full sus bike. Was a hard choice. Top3 was the TR250, Scott Voltage Fr and Banshee Wildcard. Mostly due to i was looking for a bike with a travel adjust. If TR wasnt THAT much of price, i'd buy, but voltage was more than 2 times cheaper, with even more adjustability. So i went for Scott. No regrets since then. This is my first fulsus, so i cant be really objective, but that bike more than just suits me. It is really reaaly jumpy. It seems to me, that i am having more airtime than rolling Big Grin

Here is how it looks like.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cs11279.vkontakte.ru/u5644381/-3/z_6ea38ee0.jpg
PS: Tried 145mm fr/ 150mm rear setup today. Thats so sick! Had tons of fun on a pumptrack today.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025262
Mobile Version of Website