Powered by Outside

Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 20:11 Quote
Your tagline says otherwise. In all seriousness, you can't call scooters "gay". Retarded perhaps but you misuse that word.

Posted: Mar 9, 2012 at 23:54 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
Finally got some pictures of my Cryptkeeper! Weights in at 25.6lbs
2012 Deity Cryptkeeper 25.6lbs rock solid build - Spec. on request

looks good.. id say go gold or black hubs if you ever thought about it.Wink

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 4:19 Quote
M3TL wrote:
evilrydr wrote:

Srs? Don't think that would look very good. And I just bought these hubs brand new. If you notice I have chrome/polished accents in several places.

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 10:01 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
M3TL wrote:
evilrydr wrote:

Srs? Don't think that would look very good. And I just bought these hubs brand new. If you notice I have chrome/polished accents in several places.

all im saying is black would look solid.

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 15:08 Quote
bike check: streetsweep

Frame Flat purple deity streetsweeper Fork 2010 Fox 831 non kashmia at 100mm Seat Purple deity tekstyle no bumpers Seatpost Black deity pyston Wheelset 2010 Atomlab superlight wheel set with titanium spokes. Crank Arms Deity vendetta 3 in black 170mm Spindle Deity 153mm ti Sprocket purple deity termite Bb Deity spanish armada in purple 19m Chain KMC 710 SL in chrome Pedals Premium Slim PC in black Valve caps Deity crown in purple Seat clamp Deity Cinch in purple Bars Deity topsoil in black Brake 2010 Shimano Xt with a 160mm Avid Cleansweep G3 Stem Thomson x4 elite in black Grips Deity enkoi with purple collars Headset Odyssey zero stack integrated in black Tires Maxxis DTH 2.15 kevlar with giant maxxis logo Tubes Maxxis Ultra light Schrade valve.
Frame: Flat purple deity streetsweeper
Fork: 2010 Fox 831 (non kashmia) at 100mm
Seat: Purple deity tekstyle (no bumpers)
Seatpost: Black deity pyston
Wheelset: 2010 Atomlab superlight wheel set with titanium spokes.
Crank Arms: Deity vendetta 3 in black 170mm
Spindle: Deity 153mm ti
Sprocket: purple deity termite
Bb: Deity spanish armada in purple (19m)
Chain: KMC 710 SL in chrome
Pedals: Premium Slim PC in black
Valve caps: Deity crown in purple
Seat clamp: Deity Cinch in purple
Bars: Deity topsoil in black
Brake: 2010 Shimano Xt with a 160mm Avid Cleansweep G3
Stem: Thomson x4 elite in black
Grips: Deity enkoi with purple collars
Headset: Odyssey zero stack integrated in black
Tires: Maxxis DTH 2.15 kevlar
Tubes: Maxxis Ultra light Schrader valve.

My goal was to build a light and strong versatile bike that I can keep without flaking out on parts wise. I want parts that are durable, reliable and easy to maintain. I figured there are certain places where you should not try to save weight, and for me those places are almost always: bars, tires, grips, and frame. With this build and the help from the guys and gals at deity bikes, my goal was fully achieved. The bike is arguably perfect and at 22.91 pounds it is plenty light with a brake and suspension.

The frame is absolutely excellent, although a bit long for 5’6 me, the geo is absolutely spot on and the build quality is beyond superb. The build quality is unreal, the finish is the nicest finish I have ever seen on a bike. Its extremely smooth and feels durable. The paint job is immaculate and the color is amazing. The geometry is really playful and agile and the steering feels light and nimble. The ride is great, it is really fun to ride and has a real stable yet quick feeling. With my current setup, it does feels perfect. Not to high or too slack, but the perfect medium of stretch and comfort for leverage and long rides. The head tube gusset clears my 831 with loads of room to spare and it just about destroys every frame I have ever ridden in any category. There is plenty room in the dropouts and tire clearance for further dropout filing and slamming, but the stays are short enough as they are. The rear end also feels stiffer than the pinscher, I cant really explain it but it does.

The bar setup feels amazing. The topsoil feel right at home with the frame and the curves and angle allow for a aggressive and confident feel. I’m currently contemplating cutting them down to 27 or so, but I will wait a month or so and ride with them at full length before I decide. The dual finish ano is also sweet with the matte and gloss that contrast each other in the light. The bars are nice and stiff and being only 310g, I cant really complain in the weight area.

THe fox 831 is an excellent choice in fork for this particular build. It is extremely smooth (although not important for street) and for the price i got it for, it is actually much more preferable to rigid. The bike seems to have more energy, and the user effort (not to put to much emphasis on this aspect) is reduced for must hops, spins (which i suck at) and definitely manuals. As I have been getting better (in my eyes) I’ve been starting to realize why people recommend a lowered 36 over the 831. The RLC, although not needed, is cool, but I would rather have high speed compression adjust (RC2 for fox) to control high speed compression. The fork valving doesn’t seem as progressive as it could be (maybe its just how i have it setup) and it seems to not use full travel. When doing front wheel involved tricks such as foot jams and variations, nose bonks etc, there is a small amount of detected flex. The flex is not so much bad, but is kind of uncomfortable especially when doing say, a foot-jam on a bank and pushing forward and hopping to get back in. The arch is also kind of small for foot jams, but that’s probably me just being really picky. In the future, if the opportunity ever comes, i will opt to trade the 831 for a 36 as i feel that the durability (although not necessary) is much better, and the stiffness and pimp factor are sweet. With a setup as light as i consider mine to be, the extra pound or so in the front end wont do much.

The Atomlab Suprelight wheelset with titanium spokes (which i believe i am a pioneer for in the street world) has been quite excellent. The hubs are cleanly designed and spin well, and the engagement in the rear is super solid and not too loud. I much prefer these hubs over the profiles on my rigid setup. The rims are also awesome, a bit narrow at that, but when kept at proper tension they will stay true at anything i can throw at them (limited to big bails and 3 attempts). The spokes however, are a bit flexy and have tended to spin while i true/tension (an odd thing) but they are frickin rainbow and save weight so i cant bitch about that.

Cranks: Super amazing so far. I have the ti spindle and while installing them with the giant steel install tool, I had to put a 38 inch breaker bar at the end of my wrench because the tolerances were so tight. I can see these cranks on there for ever. They look amazing, are light, stiff, and I really don't want to have to take them off.

Brake: Shimano Xt 2010 with 160mm g3 rotor. strong, comfortable lever, reliable, easy to bleed (or so i have heard) and had lots of pad space so rotor rub is a thing of the past. Extremely strong for abubacas and fufanus, although I sometimes find it not as grabby as I would like it to be. That could be the pads, but I’m definitely going to try some organic koolstops next.

All in all, I have nothing but praise for all of my parts. If you would like a little review of any other smaller parts, I can write one up for you. No problem.

O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 19:55 Quote
M3TL wrote:
evilrydr wrote:
M3TL wrote:

I was more referring to the gold suggestion. Hence why it is bolded.

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 at 11:29 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
M3TL wrote:
evilrydr wrote:

I was more referring to the gold suggestion. Hence why it is bolded.

Gold works with the green.

New Deity Cryptkeeper. 23lbs

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 at 11:30 Quote
When are you getting that new wheelset with the bronze Halo rims?

Posted: Mar 12, 2012 at 11:35 Quote
Been waiting for the DM Revolt Pro hubs to come in, typical british shop saying theyll be here the last week in january...

Theyre en route from Poland as we speak, so within the next 2 weeks, the rims are just hung up down the local shop gathering dust Frown

Still debating what ratio to run though :/ Im thinking 22-10, as the saints are only 165's...

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/meangrean/IMG_0223.jpg
Definetely loving the Frame, the difference in geo compared to the pimp is really noticeable. As well as the frame, i'm running old rev 2's, all tho they run a 36 spline spindle, their still holding up fine. the villain 3's feel really comfortable teamed up with the fantom stem. The decoys are really smooth, and have a nice big platform. As far as the rest of the build, there's alot of weight that could be saved, but I'm not gonna worry about it until stuff breaks, as I'm not to concerned about weight. All in all, Deity makes really nice product, and their customer service is awesome!!!

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 21:51 Quote
My SS came today! It's all built, but I am not going to post a pic yet, until I get the 10 feet of excess steerer cut off first Smile
Our forecast is for rain until at least the weekend... Dying to take it out for a spin.

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 16:51 Quote
All finished. Didn't get to ride it for very long before the weather turned, and I got rained out, but liking how it feels so far. It feels solid and nimble. Looking forward to some nicer weather to really take her out for throw her around Smile
Deity Streetsweeper 25 pounds according to my Wally World fishing scale Circus Expert at 80mm Halo Hubs Trailmaster Rims BB7 with 140 Rotor Deity Bars and Stem Redline Device Cranks NS Pedals Geax Tires
Deity Streetsweeper 25 pounds according to my Wally World fishing scale Circus Expert at 80mm Halo Hubs Trailmaster Rims BB7 with 140 Rotor Deity Bars and Stem Redline Device Cranks NS Pedals Geax Tires

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 16:56 Quote
looks good man!!! Mine feels so much different compared to my old frame

Posted: Mar 24, 2012 at 19:09 Quote
krtd83 wrote:
All finished. Didn't get to ride it for very long before the weather turned, and I got rained out, but liking how it feels so far. It feels solid and nimble. Looking forward to some nicer weather to really take her out for throw her around Smile
Ever tried biking in the rain? Once you get passed that point of caring about getting wet it's a lot more fun than dry riding. 2 cents

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 11:05 Quote
Until you realize the amount of unnecessary wear you'e putting on your bike and all it's steel components.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023851
Mobile Version of Website