PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
under shoot or over shoot?
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
alinelover wrote:
starcbiker wrote:
alinelover wrote:
my friend undershot and it resulted in broken neck Frown
yeah necks are worse then ankles so i dunno it really depends on the jump, and a lot of other factors so there really is no right answer
id say jump it right and shit happens Smile
well said

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 22:01 Quote
starcbiker wrote:
alinelover wrote:
starcbiker wrote:
yeah necks are worse then ankles so i dunno it really depends on the jump, and a lot of other factors so there really is no right answer
id say jump it right and shit happens Smile
well said
tup

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2007 at 22:53 Quote
If you know how to eject from your bike properly undershoot, you can toss the bike and slide down the tranny. when I was learning to 360 I came up short quite a few times on a jump about the same size and as soon as I started ditching the bike when i knew i was guna come up short I was in a lot better shape at the end of the day then i was when id hold on for dear life Wink

Posted: Jan 3, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
i somtimes enjoy a good flat land when i am in the mood. i once built a 3ft high, 7ft long double and it was the first time i was going to do it. it was a bumpy run up that turned with a close tree so i pedled like funk and just took off from it. it felt like i went miles into the air and i flat landed like 6ft over the landingBeer

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
If it's a table, undershoot Pimp
If it's a gap, overshoot

My reasons.

Undershoot with gap - Hit the lip = OUCH
Overshoot with gap - Atleast you have control.

Know what im saying?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
PaulSubrosa wrote:
If it's a gap, overshoot

My reasons.

Know what im saying?

1000%

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
samnation wrote:
PaulSubrosa wrote:
If it's a gap, overshoot

My reasons.

Know what im saying?

1000%

theres more than enough videos to prove your "overshoot with gap" theroy wrong.
Usually, depending on the transition length, you will land, way to much speed, way to hard of a landing, directly into your arms, shock your muscles, and cause you to eat shit even harder.

Which is still better than undershooting a gap Smile

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
it is only a 15 foot gap so it would not hurt to case but to over shoot you clear over 20 feet from like 10 feet high. that would hurt way more

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
jjjd wrote:
it is only a 15 foot gap so it would not hurt to case but to over shoot you clear over 20 feet from like 10 feet high. that would hurt way more

my point exactly.
take the case, worst thats gonna happen is your gonna bust a rim.

Posted: Jan 9, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
Depends on alot of things. How tall is the landing how is the run out? How badly are you thinkg of casing/over shooting? I would rather land a little low than case a little. I would rather flat over packing into the back of the landing. It all depends on how severe each is going to be.

Posted: Jun 9, 2014 at 14:21 Quote
From my last crash i would say rather undershot. When you overshot you have much more speed and height to fall from,Also you will probably go front wheel first which means head and back injuries. All this can also happen with undershot too. Especially when you leave your rear tire before landing while youre front is over. Upcoming rotation is chuck norris quality.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013746
Mobile Version of Website