Powered by Outside

How do you prevent a sore back from biking?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How do you prevent a sore back from biking?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
Now it seems like its comeing from my left hip bone one the side of my lower back. It kind of moves around... the pain does.

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 12:24 Quote
One thing to note if you are jumping and taking drops on a hardtail (esp. a p.frame as they are very stiff with no qive what so ever,) the shock or hit rather will have no absorbtion from your frame and your body will absorb all the impact.

I had an older p.2 and have since switched to a couple different frames but I do remember dealing with lower back pain alot on one side more than the other. The only thing I can contribute to pain on one side only is which foot you have forward may cause that side to absorb more impact from a landing.

Example, I am right foot forward when I ride, and I brace more on that side also tensing up that leg. This tensing of the leg could cause the pain to travel up your leg into your hip/lower back.

The reason I realize I take more impact on that side is when I ride left foot forward off of a drop or jump I can feel myself doing it where it is natrual the other way.

I have since moved on to a Black Market frame, and all I have to say is I will never ride an aluminum hardtail frame again because it does not have enough give for my old body.

Seems pretty obvious, but I guess I have never given it much thought
Ride with your other foot forward for a day and see if the pain moves to the other side Wink

Does this make sense to anyone else?

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
Specialeded wrote:
One thing to note if you are jumping and taking drops on a hardtail (esp. a p.frame as they are very stiff with no qive what so ever,) the shock or hit rather will have no absorbtion from your frame and your body will absorb all the impact.

I had an older p.2 and have since switched to a couple different frames but I do remember dealing with lower back pain alot on one side more than the other. The only thing I can contribute to pain on one side only is which foot you have forward may cause that side to absorb more impact from a landing.

Example, I am right foot forward when I ride, and I brace more on that side also tensing up that leg. This tensing of the leg could cause the pain to travel up your leg into your hip/lower back.

The reason I realize I take more impact on that side is when I ride left foot forward off of a drop or jump I can feel myself doing it where it is natrual the other way.

I have since moved on to a Black Market frame, and all I have to say is I will never ride an aluminum hardtail frame again because it does not have enough give for my old body.

Ride with your other foot forward for a day and see if the pain moves to the other side Wink

doesn't aluminum flex more

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
samnation wrote:
Specialeded wrote:

doesn't aluminum flex more

No.

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
Thanks for the PM as well.

Just wondering, would the 08 Cannondale frame be more flexable?

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
ajust your seat height

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 20:28 Quote
poozank wrote:
ajust your seat height

Please do not post a response unless you can add something worthwhile to the thread...

From my experience with Chase frames they are also very stiff. I do like the geometry better on Chase more so than that of the p.bikes.(based on my personal preference though.)

Posted: Jan 21, 2008 at 20:30 Quote
Specialeded wrote:
poozank wrote:
ajust your seat height

Please do not post a response unless you can add something worthwhile to the thread...

From my experience with Chase frames they are also very stiff. I do like the geometry better on Chase more so than that of the p.bikes.(based on my personal preference though.)

that didnt add anything either.......

adjusting your seat is a better answer i think....

Posted: Jan 22, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
07Argyle318 wrote:
Specialeded wrote:
poozank wrote:
ajust your seat height

that didnt add anything either.......

adjusting your seat is a better answer i think....
thank you

Posted: Jan 23, 2008 at 1:27 Quote
my back is absolutely stuffed ive been riding heaps of days in a row. best thing is just give it a few days rest. and also try working out on your back muscles i done that and it did improve. but i havnt done it for ages

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
Specialeded wrote:
poozank wrote:
ajust your seat height

adjusting your seat height is the best way to prevent back pain... don't criticize so freely

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
vysis wrote:
Specialeded wrote:
poozank wrote:
ajust your seat height

adjusting your seat height is the best way to prevent back pain... don't criticize so freely

Dont bring back threads that are 6 months old either lol.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.765733
Mobile Version of Website