Any wisconsin riders

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
Any wisconsin riders
Posted: Mar 4, 2010 at 15:06 Quote
sounds good, just got my bike and i am assembling it now. this summer is goign to be kick ass.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 6:58 Quote
I'm from Wisconsin!! I ride more XC because of availability but my home trails are Standing Rocks and the Nicolet in northern WI and at my school where we have 8 miles of singletrack and 7-8 dirt jumps!

That is awesome about Rays!! I have been to the one in Ohio! Wow what a blast and a great facility! For anyone around Ohio check out Ohio Dreams Camp they have some of the best dirt jump lines I have ever seen!

Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 18:59 Quote
wow. nice to see this! i thought i was one of only a dozen or so DH people in Wisconsin. As far as DH racing IN state that i know of is the nordic dh race that is part of the WORS series. I worked with many of the people that built that course when the Devils Head DH was still going.That course was one of the best i have ever raced in Wisconsin so i know those guys know how to cut a good course. The next closest i know of is in Marquette,MI. They usually do a DH race for superior bike fest that is pretty killer. In the past they also have run the ski lifts on weekends in the summer for access to many of the gravity oriented trails on the ski hill.There is an other place just up the hill from the ski hill that offers another full day of gravity oriented exploring called Bensons. That is all i know of in this area inside a 12 hour drive...so if you know of anything more please post. Oh! one more thing im heading out to the US OPEN again this year in NJ so if anyone is up for joining on that trip let me know.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 4:04 Quote
Yeah I am from Kenosha and Pets is a fun ride, alot of climbing for your downhill but worth it. I usually go through 8 miles of trails and takes close to an hour. Rays MTB Park in Milwaukee has a November opening date, and I cant wait for my park riding. Right now I go to Racines skate park by the lake which is nice for a public skate park.

Posted: May 3, 2010 at 17:59 Quote
Madison here, ride most of the bike parks in town like Q.Ridge,Q.Park

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
I have a call into Granite Peak in Wausau to get permission to build some DH trails at the ski resort. I was a snowboard instructor their this past winter and it is all I could think about. Tons of potential. I will try and get a reply by mid-next week and post on pinkbike.

An additional note, I don't know if they are doing the DH at Nordic this year. It hasn't been on any of the schedules so I am guessing we are back to zero official places in Wisco for actual downhill freeriding.

Posted: May 6, 2010 at 15:54 Quote
There is a WORS race this year there for DH.
This is the website for the guys that build there, and general freeride DH info in this area:
http://rivendownhill.com/news.aspx

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 8:52 Quote
Come to Western South Dakota and check out the unknown Black Hill's for our summer DH series at Terry Peak. Find us at Terrypeak.com or Blackhillsridgeriders.org also face book info at terry peak DH

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 12:55 Quote
zbmxer187s wrote:
Does anyone have any plans for building anything good this spring/summer? If so what do you have in mind?

Yeah, a whole bike park.

http://www.bikesbelong.org/view/grants/awarded?filter0=WI&filter1=BMX%2FBike+Park&filter2=2010

8 AM May 15 is the first big community work day. We will have the pump track done, give away a bike and more.

www.madcitydirt.org for more information.

Posted: May 11, 2010 at 14:55 Quote
I will see if I can make it down. it sounds more like DJ and pumptrack, but any plans for a gravity run?

Posted: May 12, 2010 at 8:56 Quote
km69 wrote:
Come to Western South Dakota and check out the unknown Black Hill's for our summer DH series at Terry Peak. Find us at Terrypeak.com or Blackhillsridgeriders.org also face book info at terry peak DH

Just in case I can make 9 hour trips every weekend?

Posted: May 16, 2010 at 18:09 Quote
troma479 wrote:
I will see if I can make it down. it sounds more like DJ and pumptrack, but any plans for a gravity run?

We will be making a gravity area some are describing as 4x style or berm and jump run in the next few days.

This is WI so gravity if for water to go from faucet to cup or keep fat people in chairs in front of TV or Facebook.

Blue Mound has and has most potential for gravity as you put it. The park has more vertical than any ski area in the state, part of the park is an abandoned ski area. There is free ride terrain that has been planned as well as abandoned. There has been a problem with the free ride or gravity crowd being better at making noise than trail.

The part of Blue Mound we'll be working on this coming weekend has a cool ravine and local free riders are doing the planning and work with us. They need more free riders like them who work hard, follow the rules and make trail instead of noise. We've having a lot of fun working with them and watching them ride so join the fun!

www.madcitydirt.org forums are a must if you like the best terrain in the area and a club with pool, showers, beer and food served at trail heads.

The bike park trail head as of Sat evening:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://ic2.pbase.com/g3/71/600971/2/124565992.oGW4u6hy.jpg

Posted: May 17, 2010 at 3:36 Quote
if your willing to make a solid drive head up to Marquette Michigan. I went camping there a few years back and found some of the most insane trails ever. There were some absolutely crazy features if you ever make it up there. Its totally hidden and has a sick place to camp at the top of the shuttle road. Havn't been back in a couple years but it seems like there might be a few ppl who maintain it. I have a couple pics of the beginning of the trail in my profile but not enough to do justice. it was too exciting to take enough pics.If your interested PM me and I can try and explain directions.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 8:20 Quote
Heading up to Marquette this weekend!! Anyone up for doing some shuttle runs on the ski hill??

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
Is anyone in central/lower Wisconsin heading up to Superior BikeFest in da UP, for the DH race this coming weekend? I'm looking for someone to carpool with...I can chip in for gas or drive and share gas. I have a 2 bike rack and a car...LMK

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.040444
Mobile Version of Website