Powered by Outside

Commencal Meta V3 Builds

PB Forum :: Commencal
Commencal Meta V3 Builds
Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 10:42 Quote
adudeonabike wrote:
bchank wrote:
pogan wrote:

DO NOT BUY A MEDIUM. Buy a large, I'm 5'10" and I had to sell mine cuz it was too small

I ended up on 2017 Large AM V3, I've actually had it for most of this season now and absolutely love it. It has seen many Whistler and Squamish trails and even a bunch of days in the Whistler Bike Park. Unreal and super stoked on my purchase. Pretty much stock too, only early upgrade was to a RaceFace carbon SIXC handlebar. I think large was the best bet.
How do you feel about the brakes? I'm not in love with them, I think a Shimano order is coming soon.

I have a 2016 v3 essential with sram brakes and they are brilliant. Much better than my friends xt ones which is lethal when he is behind me

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 14:08 Quote
Paul7189 wrote:
adudeonabike wrote:
bchank wrote:

I ended up on 2017 Large AM V3, I've actually had it for most of this season now and absolutely love it. It has seen many Whistler and Squamish trails and even a bunch of days in the Whistler Bike Park. Unreal and super stoked on my purchase. Pretty much stock too, only early upgrade was to a RaceFace carbon SIXC handlebar. I think large was the best bet.
How do you feel about the brakes? I'm not in love with them, I think a Shimano order is coming soon.

I have a 2016 v3 essential with sram brakes and they are brilliant. Much better than my friends xt ones which is lethal when he is behind me

Yeh, they will definitely be my next upgrades. They aren't quite as powerful as I would like. I think I'll go with some guides or even codes. But to be fair, once I got used to them, they weren't bad. Just adjusted my braking a bit, a bit more pre-emptive.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 14:09 Quote
hi everybody, im thinking about buying a meta v3 from 2015 as they are on offer, the thing is, i am 6 foot dead on, and they have only got medium frames, will i be happy with it? ive got a specialized rockhopper 29 inch in m size, and i usualy ride a dirt jump bike, i want it for jumps and bikeparks, i know the sx version would be better, but the cheap ones are only 26 inch, and the meta is 27,5 , i hope you can give me some advise, thanks.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 16:00 Quote
JaimeHenrySmith wrote:
hi everybody, im thinking about buying a meta v3 from 2015 as they are on offer, the thing is, i am 6 foot dead on, and they have only got medium frames, will i be happy with it? ive got a specialized rockhopper 29 inch in m size, and i usualy ride a dirt jump bike, i want it for jumps and bikeparks, i know the sx version would be better, but the cheap ones are only 26 inch, and the meta is 27,5 , i hope you can give me some advise, thanks.

I have a large and im 5'10"... You will be pushing it on a medium for your height I think.

Posted: Aug 24, 2017 at 17:41 Quote
JaimeHenrySmith wrote:

I am 5ft 11in on a medium, do not buy anything but a large.

Posted: Aug 25, 2017 at 2:45 Quote
ok thanks, ill just have to wait and get one second hand or something, i love v3s

Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 6:51 Quote
Hello
Can you help me? I have a question. I would like to buy a Commencal Meta V3 2015 bicycle frame. I would like to climb mountains with this. Is this good to climb? What is the bicycle frame in slope ? Please send some information to me.
Thank you very much for your helping.
Have a nice day
Ferenc

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2017 at 12:11 Quote
JaimeHenrySmith wrote:

Yeh I'm 5'10" and went with the large. Definitely go large.

On another note, what are the ideas on best upgrade shock for the V3? I know there's the whole can it can't it piggy back debate, but curious what people think will be the best bet.

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
I have been running the Fox Float X for year now and absolutely love it and I have had zero issues with it fitting.

photo

Posted: Aug 31, 2017 at 20:06 Quote
Lambert45 wrote:
I have been running the Fox Float X for year now and absolutely love it and I have had zero issues with it fitting.

photo

What size frame do you have?

Posted: Sep 4, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
adudeonabike wrote:
Lambert45 wrote:

photo

What size frame do you have?

Size medium

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 at 19:33 Quote
In case anyone has the 2017, I figured I'd post that it won't fit a reservoir shock. Looking at pics of previous years, it seems the chain stay pivot at the frame is different. I tried to mount a monarch plus and it completely hits at only 50% stroke.
Now to find an inline shock comparable to a monarch plus...

Posted: Sep 10, 2017 at 14:11 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:
In case anyone has the 2017, I figured I'd post that it won't fit a reservoir shock. Looking at pics of previous years, it seems the chain stay pivot at the frame is different. I tried to mount a monarch plus and it completely hits at only 50% stroke.
Bummer, thanks for saving others a ton of frustration!

FL
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 12:59 Quote
ryan198232 wrote:

I hear the new dbinline performs quite well and they've solved a lot of the reliability issues

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 22:45 Quote
ryanandrewrogers wrote:
ryan198232 wrote:

I hear the new dbinline performs quite well and they've solved a lot of the reliability issues

Yeh I hear good things too, but hows the width compared to the regular monarchs? that will be the decider I guess.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023115
Mobile Version of Website