Powered by Outside

Delirium's Only!

PB Forum :: Knolly
Delirium's Only!
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 at 1:08 Quote
New Knolly Delirium Build

Been working on piecing this together for the better part of a month and finally got the last bit of kit on it. Built it up specifically for a trip back home to Colorado followed by a 3 month trip across Canada this fall that has now been postponed to next year... bummer on the trip but psyced about the bike and finally building my dream bike up from the ground.

It's an XL Delirium coil front and rear, MT7 Brakes, race face hardware and Ethirteen LG1 carbon hoops laced on dt swiss 240 hubs final weight of 14.17 kg with the DH tires...
Now if only I didn't live in coastal Holland...

Posted: Jun 26, 2017 at 14:06 Quote
CONomad wrote:
New Knolly Delirium Build

Been working on piecing this together for the better part of a month and finally got the last bit of kit on it. Built it up specifically for a trip back home to Colorado followed by a 3 month trip across Canada this fall that has now been postponed to next year... bummer on the trip but psyced about the bike and finally building my dream bike up from the ground.

It's an XL Delirium coil front and rear, MT7 Brakes, race face hardware and Ethirteen LG1 carbon hoops laced on dt swiss 240 hubs final weight of 14.17 kg with the DH tires...
Now if only I didn't live in coastal Holland...

That looks mint Sir, enjoy every moment....
Bike is an absolute blast, I love mine.
You should just chuck that bad boy in your car and drive to Austria or south of France. Loads of place to ride. I will be in saalbach in 2 weeks than south of France at the end of August....

That is mine

photo

Posted: Oct 16, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
So, I created this forum thread, but somehow after 2 years on the grassroots team riding this beast, I’ve never posted it on here.

2016 Delirium Large
Rux R2C2
Crankbrothers 50/50
Spank 800Mm Spike Bars
Spank Spike DM
GX

Also currently for sale, my ad on my profile!

photo
photo

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
Thinking about picking up a delirium for this next season.
Coming from a 2013 enduro, 2012 session and 2016 tr500. All larges.
Can anyone comment on the different shock setups. I see people running x2, dhx2, cc air, cc coil.
I'd be using it for bike park laps. More into jumping and railing berms than outright speed/traction.
I'm 6'2" 195# and would be getting an xl and putting a 35mm reach stem with a single crown 180mm.

Are pedal strikes common on this bike? Wondering what length cranks I should go with.
What's the max tire width it'll fit? (27.5)
Any broken frames or issues?
Internal or external cable routing for dropper?

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
If you mostly ride park get a 165mm crank.
All shocks are good- I would go with the fox x2 because Air Shocks are little bit better for jumping but its all in the eye of the beholder.

Was your last bike the TR500? The Deli will replace also my TR500& Banshee Rune. The difference beteween XL Deli and Tr500 are quite huge. Maybe a Large would be a better fit? My friend is riding a L and is about 188cm tall

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
All shocks are good- I would go with the fox x2 because Air Shocks are little bit better for jumping but its all in the eye of the beholder.

Was your last bike the TR500? The Deli will replace also my TR500& Banshee Rune. The difference beteween XL Deli and Tr500 are quite huge. Maybe a Large would be a better fit? My friend is riding a L and is about 188cm tall

I've ridden my buddy's 2018 patrol large and it felt a bit small in the reach. My ape index is 1.5 cms (armspan longer than height).
It's a tough call between large and xl for me, but I'd like to try something bigger than my last bikes. im hoping the xl is just as fun and playful, but not as cramped.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 11:29 Quote
I'm running the dhx2 and while I love it, if you're looking for a more playful and poppy ride I'd stick with air as well.

I'm 195cm and have the xl and it fits me just about perfect, good room to move and with enough space fore and aft in the cockpit while still remaining fairly nimble and playful If you look at my profile pic that'll give you an idea of my size to bike ratio. While I think you might lose some of this with the xl frame vs your size I think an air shock and your history of riding true dh bikes will still leave you feeling plenty light on your feet.

I'm running 175 cranks and I don't think I ever come close to smacking anything on an open park line so unless you ride a ton of tech or plan on keeping it in the extra low setting often I wouldn't worry about pedal strikes.

Tire clearance is good, not plus bike good but you can run any dh tire you want without issue.

The way they have their cable routing setup it's pretty easy to work with so I'd plan to run it internal if I were you...

As for breaking it... dude if you can break this frame you either need a sponsorship or a shrink cause it's built like a tank haha

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 at 3:05 Quote
Bluewater87 wrote:
NotNamed wrote:

I've ridden my buddy's 2018 patrol large and it felt a bit small in the reach. My ape index is 1.5 cms (armspan longer than height).
It's a tough call between large and xl for me, but I'd like to try something bigger than my last bikes. im hoping the xl is just as fun and playful, but not as cramped.

Okay the 2018 Patrol is similar reach-wise. With 6'2" you can ride both easily. I would normally go with the bigger frame and shorter stem.
For a Parlbike a stem over 50-60mm doesnt ride that good imo.
The XL will also be nimble- little bit more air pressure and a more active will compensate it.
Longer Bikes usually are way more stable in the air- my TR500 was a bit nervous on some jumps because I didnt have a lot of room to move on the bike.

Posted: May 16, 2018 at 5:04 Quote
Just need new tires, go tubeless, ti spring or Alu racing spring and I can say I'm officially done! I have got to say, I'm seriously impressed with the durolux, amazing fork. Thinking about polishing the bar as well, make it raw, thoughts?

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 3:52 Quote
Ha you’ve got the same idea with orange hope parts as me Big Grin
I went with purple bars and a raw stem.

Maybe go with a raw bar and purple stickers to match the frame?

I would go with silver ti spring- goes well with the silver decals.

I’ll post mine when my shock is here Smile

Posted: May 20, 2018 at 7:02 Quote
NotNamed wrote:
Ha you’ve got the same idea with orange hope parts as me Big Grin
I went with purple bars and a raw stem.

Maybe go with a raw bar and purple stickers to match the frame?

I would go with silver ti spring- goes well with the silver decals.

I’ll post mine when my shock is here Smile

Orange hope parts were a must haha, only because I had them on my yellow orange YT Tues, works well with this bike. I'm really thinking of making the bar raw, then get some new tires and go tubeless

Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 13:53 Quote
I’m looking to replace my bottom bracket on my Delirium. Running raceface sixc cranks.

Would the hope 30mm 73mm be the correct fit?

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 8:46 Quote
First park trip with the dual crown.
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026140
Mobile Version of Website