Powered by Outside

Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)
O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
Stay tuned to www.arduumchallenge.com

The website should go live tonight as soon as the official word comes down. I think they've got an HD video of the entire course.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
dave-m wrote:

The website should go live tonight as soon as the official word comes down. I think they've got an HD video of the entire course.

Cool, I'll be there next year for the Pinkbike Canadian Open!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
Post Loc,
This course is ballsy in the dry. We're stoked that it'll be harder in the wet-hell look at how much folks talked about Switzerland's course in the rain (mind you Sam HIll won't be here-shucks). People will race, and it'll be tough, but who said it should be easy.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 15:26 Quote
dave-m wrote:

kick ass!! ^

can't wait to try the course after all the hustle and bustle is over Wink

[Quoten]Post Loc,
This course is ballsy in the dry. We're stoked that it'll be harder in the wet-hell look at how much folks talked about Switzerland's course in the rain (mind you Sam HIll won't be here-shucks). People will race, and it'll be tough, but who said it should be easy. [/Quoten]

well said ^

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 18:00 Quote
Preview video of the course at www.arduumchallenge.com . Information coming, I'll post when its available.

Greg

Mod
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:30 Quote
This race is going to be epic. Rad course that is rooty, steep, and with lots of line options. The weather may make this an event that you'll brag to your buddies you were at! Word is that some big names may be attending.....Names that you racer boys would recognize.

Props to the builders and organizers, its going to be great.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:33 Quote
is it only 17 year olds and up or can 15 year olds like mysself join it

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 21:38 Quote
bansheeair wrote:
slopes0and0style wrote:
Im a realy upset about the age catagories I think some younger rippers are geting left out but maby theres a reason ???

WylieNative

I agree. We made a decision and knew it would be unpopular with the younger rippers. This year since the course is new, the insurance company wanted to charge us a lot more money to cover the younger riders. We do apologize to you guys. Next year though, we are hoping to open it to younger riders but again, we will probably not get a U15 category because this course is WAY to steep. Come check it out though, there is rumours of some VERY fast riders showing up.

Greg

theres kids 15 who are way better and way more skilled then riders 20 years old so you cant really say its to steep for us 15 year olds

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:20 Quote
I am not saying it is too steep for you, based on age. The insurance people wanted to charge us a lot more money to allow people under the age of 17 race because of the terrain. If anything, they are saying it is to steep for you. I have ridden it with a couple of kids that were 11 and 12 years old and they loved it. They want to race it too, but alas, even though I coach them, they can not. It sucks, I know, but you will have to wait till next year to race it, if the insurance people allow it.

Greg

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:25 Quote
bansheeair wrote:
we will probably not get a U15 category because this course is WAY to steep.

Greg

I agree though, there are many, many many very very very skilled U15 riders.
It is a UCI/Cycling BC category. You would need to address the category rules with them. http://www.uci.ch and http://www.cyclingbc.net/

Hope this helps.

Greg

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:28 Quote
One more to light the fire.

photo

Mod
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:28 Quote
Those little rippers make me feel like an old man, Greg! There are alot of you skilled kids out there and hopefully next season you'll all show up and kick my ass!

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 22:41 Quote
[/Quote]

theres kids 15 who are way better and way more skilled then riders 20 years old so you cant really say its to steep for us 15 year olds[/Quote]

here here im debating goin itd be my first dh race m bike isnt finished yet and chances are i wouldnt do to well becasue itd be my first ride on a new frame. but some of those kids can ripp i got the privelage to ride with a 13yr old this summer in parksville he killed it on the djs

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 23:28 Quote
the following video is sweet

Batman

- - - - - - - - - - - - >

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012190
Mobile Version of Website