YT Dirt Love

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 3:21 Quote
fitnessgeek wrote:
steveperry wrote:
fitnessgeek wrote:
Is the Dirt Love too small for someone 6'4" for pump track, bmx and some dirt jumping? I'm liking the spec, price and look of this bike, but concerned it may be too small. I've had P3's and Jackal's in the past that felt decent, but were a bit bigger. I'm not sure about such a short reach / top tube for me. Stack height looks good though.

Not sure how much it helps, I have a YT First Love...cheaper brother of the Dirt Love... I am 200+ and 6’2”. I feel comfortable on the bike. I have a pump track and beginning to jump with the bike. I have tried any others and I don’t recall which was longer the First Love or Dirt Love, but I love my bike. I hope you are able to get something.

Thanks for your feedback!!

That's awesome to hear because I'm a ball hair away from being 6'4 and I was a little worried about the size loo

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 13:32 Quote
danelliott wrote:
Shiny-side-up wrote:
danelliott wrote:
Absolut > Dirt love

How are you able to quantify that statement? Have you ridden both already?

If so, it would be great to hear some details. Thanks
Ridden both. Absolut feels more playful and solid on the ground and in the air, dirt love feels weirdly twitchy and unstable and springy.

I was just wondering about your statement. Does this refer to the old Dirt Love with the ARGYLE R forks or have you somehow had the chance to ride the new version of this bike. I take it that the frame is the same but a different color.

I was looking into the Dirt Love 2018 and the Commercial but decided against the latter because of the MANITOU forks. The new YT has the Pike DJ which is cool.

It's my first dirtbike though so I don't know anything. Big Grin

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 9:01 Quote
The geometry is identical to the old one. They say something about new dropouts though.

edit: Never mind. Tapered vs. non tapered, different seat clamping mechanism etc.

This makes me wonder even more how @danelliott can write something like absolute>dirt love.

sals wrote:
Frame is new

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 16:12 Quote
niconj wrote:
The geometry is identical to the old one. They say something about new dropouts though.

edit: Never mind. Tapered vs. non tapered, different seat clamping mechanism etc.

This makes me wonder even more how @danelliott can write something like absolute>dirt love.

sals wrote:
Frame is new
I wonder..
photo
Vs 2017 model:
photo
Same seatclamp. Same downtube. Same dropout with tensioner.
https://m.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Bikes,3/YT/Dirt-Love,19560

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 2:45 Quote
Looks different though.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 2:48 Quote
To me, only the headtube?

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 2:49 Quote
niconj wrote:
Looks different though.

photo

photo

This is old YT, there is newer model before 2018

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 4:31 Quote
sals wrote:

Then there are some mistakes on their website and I'm confused. Is the Reba RL worth the extra 100€ I paid for the 2018 model?

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
sals wrote:
niconj wrote:
Looks different though.

photo

photo

Yup that bottom photo is an older one. In 2017 there was in-between model which maybe only is different on the headtube compared to the 2018.
In about a month I can post some real-life photos Smile

Wrt pricing: bike is hardly more expensive then buying a Pike DJ fork online. That is value for money anyway.

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 10:50 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
In about a month I can post some real-life photos Smile

Me too. I ordered a couple days ago. In Germany it's due to be delivered on the 18th of April.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 12:19 Quote
Does the rear have a 135mm spacing?

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 12:43 Quote
Just noticed this thread and dont have too much to add because I ride a dartmoor 26 player but my old bike was 400mm reach and the 26player is 425mm. At 5'11" I much prefer the longer reach, feels more stable in berms and jumping. I guess Im just not as far over the front and more balanced.

Also I hear good things about the manitou circus expert. Im sure the pike is good too but also remember that forks are not quite as important on a dirt jumper. You're going to want to pump those babies up so they barely move anyway, they don't need to be too supple, just supportive.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 13:21 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Just noticed this thread and dont have too much to add because I ride a dartmoor 26 player but my old bike was 400mm reach and the 26player is 425mm. At 5'11" I much prefer the longer reach, feels more stable in berms and jumping. I guess Im just not as far over the front and more balanced.

Also I hear good things about the manitou circus expert. Im sure the pike is good too but also remember that forks are not quite as important on a dirt jumper. You're going to want to pump those babies up so they barely move anyway, they don't need to be too supple, just supportive.

I am the same height as you and weigh 90kg. I will run two extra bottomless tokens and pump them up as you wrote. I'll see how they perform then. I have a Pike on my All Mountain which has a AWK tuning. this might even be a good option for the DJ as it makes setting it up a lot easier.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019237
Mobile Version of Website