Powered by Outside

Tues Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Tues Thread
O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 21:34 Quote
By the way, brilliant bike. It does everything well. I was considering getting the 29er because I’m 6’5 and decided not to but the XXL fits me perfect. No complaints, other than the clear protective film is lifting off the bottom of the chainstays from heel rub, big time, and the brake issue. And the seat may as well be a brick, but I expected that.

I’m coming from a 2018 Capra 27.5, and I love how much more forgiving this bike is. The park was rough today and I could 100% trust this bike to stay composed, and less pedal strikes too which was a surprise.

35.5lbs for an XXL with pedals, this thing is light! My Capra was only 2lbs lighter.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
aanev wrote:
tops5 wrote:
Could anyone tell me what BB I need for my 2013 Tues? Don’t know much about press fit - it has a 24mm spindle Zee fitted

Pressfit BB with 83mm shell, that has an internal diameter of 46mm.

Is this still the same for a 2018 Tues?

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 23:18 Quote
InstantBreakfast wrote:
aanev wrote:
tops5 wrote:
Could anyone tell me what BB I need for my 2013 Tues? Don’t know much about press fit - it has a 24mm spindle Zee fitted

Pressfit BB with 83mm shell, that has an internal diameter of 46mm.

Is this still the same for a 2018 Tues?

Yeap.

AFAIK they come stock with either:
Raceface PF30 (for 46mm Press-fit shells)
or:
E*thirteen PF30 (46mm pressfit)

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 10:21 Quote
15% off any Tues purchase at YT USA.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 22:54 Quote
Whats Up guys. Trying to figure what size to go for with a YT Tues CF Pro Race 27.5.
I'm 6'1". So, either a L or XL. Between those two I'm having trouble deciding. Any Suggestions? I enjoy jumping. But I do more technical riding. YT says XL. But its tripping me out. Lmao. I've always ridden large. Currently riding a Large Specialized Enduro. Thanks!

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
Dpvpatty wrote:
Whats Up guys. Trying to figure what size to go for with a YT Tues CF Pro Race 27.5.
I'm 6'1". So, either a L or XL. Between those two I'm having trouble deciding. Any Suggestions? I enjoy jumping. But I do more technical riding. YT says XL. But its tripping me out. Lmao. I've always ridden large. Currently riding a Large Specialized Enduro. Thanks!
I’m the same size as you I went with a large and it is perfect.

FL
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Andy-FFM wrote:
Camstyn wrote:
Great, thanks! Have you gotten to ride it much yet? Curious if this 29er is a pure race bike or if it’d make for a fun park bike. I’d just get the 27 but I’m tall so the 29er is being strongly considered.

I have 5 full downhill days on it so far. Some quick impressions: As far as jumps are concerned, it definitely makes for a fun park bike. I still need to adapt in tighter corners/berms though. I don't think it would be an issue on those wide park berms like on A-Line, however I haven't ridden a track like this while I had the bike.

Any more updates over this ? Planning for a 29'er but can't test a Tues with this wheels .

Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 7:10 Quote
Any pics of the red Cf pro? Stock images are a bit off as I know from 3 previous YT buys. Thanks
Anyone tried a mullet setup too? I'm debating running a 29er wheel upfront and limiting travel to 190 and then possible offset brushing to drop the BB back down. Thanks

FL
Posted: Oct 5, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
I've received mine and I'm opening the package tomorrow so I can post more pics and specs. Mullet setup is super interesting to try. I will for sure try the most basic one, slap one of my friends 27.5 wheel in the back and check it back to back to see if I can feel a difference.

Posted: Oct 6, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
My crank arm broke today under normal use for a DH bike! Bike is 7months old CF Pro Race.
What do you guys think?
photo
photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
GraySteel wrote:
My crank arm broke today under normal use for a DH bike! Bike is 7months old CF Pro Race.
What do you guys think?
photo
photo

Yep it's fecked Smile

FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2019 at 14:27 Quote
Hi guys,

Does a coil vs air shock make a big difference in bike feeling on Tues AL vs CF?

Also, did anyone compare the Tues CF before and after 2018? The geometry changed slightly and I'm thinking if it's as freeride-friendly as the old one... I tried 2015 M and it was perfect!

FL
Posted: Oct 26, 2019 at 4:05 Quote
Mate, we just had Rampage yesterday and almost half the bikes were from YT. I believe it's the most freeride friendly bike on the market.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 1:09 Quote
Looking to buy a Tues but don't know whether to go 27 or 29. I have a 2019 29" Jeffsy cf pro in size large... I was looking to get a bike that is a little more playful, but YT sorta tried to talk me out of it saying that going from 27>29 is more common than 29>27. I love the way my Jeffsy is but figured I'd inquire here. Im not very advanced ... I won't be doing backflips or huge tricks... but maybe start whipping once I get used to the TUES. Looking forward to your responses! Thanks!

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
I'm 183 cm tall and had a Large MK1 (2016) Capra which felt small after a while. Without even trying I've went for a LARGE 29'er and the bike is a bomb. I must admit, the bike is just a bit less playful than Capra, as it's heavier, longer but otherwise, the big wheels rolls almost everything so it's a blast downhill. I like to roll most stuff in my way but I've launched it easily in the air over bumps, tabletops or other features on the track.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009788
Mobile Version of Website