Fox 36 grip 2 issues

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
Fox 36 grip 2 issues
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 9:15 Quote
Hey,

So I just bought a V1 Sentinel second hand. Was new in 2019 and honestly looks immaculate. It came with Fox 36 PE Grip 2 I assume is 2019 Model.

I am trying to set up the High Speed Rebound (HSR) but I seem to be able to turn it without ever reaching a limit.
The LSR seems to work correctly.

I also noticed that the protective cap seems to turn the HSR knob when tightening and loosening.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 19:02 Quote
I like less spring (air), more damping…then use spacers for progression. Fox’s recommendations must be for full on race speed…

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 19:11 Quote
Edit: Never mind, I see this is an old thread

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
Question for people running a 2021 grip 2. Do you have 8 clicks of HSR and 16 of LSR? It's really confusing that different years of Grip 2s have different clocks

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
ssantana wrote:
Question for people running a 2021 grip 2. Do you have 8 clicks of HSR and 16 of LSR? It's really confusing that different years of Grip 2s have different clocks

Yes. 2021 Grip2 can be identified by VVC print on the compression adjuster and by the much lower # of clicks.

‘20 have 16-18clicks of all 4 from memory

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 20:08 Quote
Okay cool, so I know mine is working right at least! I have 8 clicks of HSR and HSC and 16 of LSR/LSC

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 at 22:59 Quote
Has anyone had a professional set up the grip 2 for them, via telemetry or just by a suspension guru?

Just wondering what the optimum settings would be for aggressive trail riding?

Or has anyone honed in on some settings which seem to work just right?

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 4:56 Quote
Google Pivot Fox tuning guide. I followed it vs. Fox's recommendations and it works better. As mentioned, less air, damping to suit. Someone posted here some time back.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Google Pivot Fox tuning guide. I followed it vs. Fox's recommendations and it works better. As mentioned, less air, damping to suit. Someone posted here some time back.

Ok thanks

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 16:02 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
I have a new ripmo with the fox 36 grip 2 and it is harsh as f*ck. I can’t get it to ride well. Seems to only work when going really slow or really fast. Everything in between is horribly harsh. I’m 190lbs and running at 80psi with the recommended settings in hi/lo compression and rebound. Any advice?

A bit late to this post I know, but I totally agree with the OP. I've just taken a 2021 Fox 36 Performance Elite Grip 2 off a new Canyon Spectral and have replaced it with a Lyrik for this exact reason. Nothing has changed in 2 years. Fox 36 forks are still impossible to tune from my POV. Tbh I can't understand how Fox haven't figured out that this fork needs to change. If anyone wants a Fox 36 fork in new condition let me know.

Posted: Jan 8, 2022 at 17:03 Quote
Both my performance level and Factory Grip 2 work great. Getting ready to service the lower legs on my factory as it is getting a little harder to tune. Keeping the forks fresh will help a lot. Also, pulling them down and getting rid of the excess grease applied from factory helps too.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 7:15 Quote
Fast forward 2 years! After struggling with my fox 36 grip 2. I scoured threads and videos.
The video below saved me. I ended up lowering air, adding spacers, setting sag, then adjusting each individual dial like they do in the video to find my happy place. I used a short repeated loop that was a good representation of everything I hit on my normal trails. I went 2 clicks at a time and brought along a pencil and paper to write it all down. It took a while but worked really well. My fork only came with 1 spacer in it which I think was the root of the problem. If your an average rider you need to be methodical. Only move 1 dial at a time to isolate what your changing. I love my grip 2 now so much that I purchased a 34 grip 2 for my revel ranger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vsOHmmmpo

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 20:36 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
Fast forward 2 years! After struggling with my fox 36 grip 2. I scoured threads and videos.
The video below saved me. I ended up lowering air, adding spacers, setting sag, then adjusting each individual dial like they do in the video to find my happy place. I used a short repeated loop that was a good representation of everything I hit on my normal trails. I went 2 clicks at a time and brought along a pencil and paper to write it all down. It took a while but worked really well. My fork only came with 1 spacer in it which I think was the root of the problem. If your an average rider you need to be methodical. Only move 1 dial at a time to isolate what your changing. I love my grip 2 now so much that I purchased a 34 grip 2 for my revel ranger.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9vsOHmmmpo

What settings did you end up with, and what weight are you?

I find my grip 2 much lighter tune than the rc2 and less friction in the damper. I think one of the other biggest differences people can make is cleaning the wiper seals and oiling these every ride.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 3:32 Quote
200 lbs suited up.
3 volume pacers
70 psi
1 9/16” sag on my 160 mm travel
This is my base but I adjust them depending on weather and kind of riding i am doing.
hsc open all,
lsc 8 from closed
HSR 7 from closed,
LSR 6 from closed

Posted: Feb 23, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
hartmd25 wrote:
200 lbs suited up.
3 volume pacers
70 psi
1 9/16” sag on my 160 mm travel
This is my base but I adjust them depending on weather and kind of riding i am doing.
hsc open all,
lsc 8 from closed
HSR 7 from closed,
LSR 6 from closed

I’m 180 lb. I ride 70psi, 1 spacer
hsc open fully up to 3 from open,
lsc 6 from closed
HSR 8 from closed,
LSR 6 from closed

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015213
Mobile Version of Website