Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
Posted: Nov 9, 2020 at 10:11 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
lance-h wrote:
I just got back from a trip to Cumberland where I was hooked up with a Druid to ride from the wonderful people at Forbidden. Shout out to Stephane!

For refference I had a Pivot Mach 6 and Specialized Enduro Pro coil last seaon, and have a Chromag Ti Surface and Pivot Switchblade this year. All these bikes have been pretty solid. The forbidden is a awesome bike that holds up against the best of them. I think the forbidden was a awesome bike to ride in every scenario. My only issue with is was its slightly heavy given the weight of bikes in the same class. That being said, they hype is real with how they ride. Super nimble, and can punch above their weight class. It would be up in my top 2 bikes to buy in the mid travel range.

Do you have the new Switchblade? How does the Druid compare to it?

I'm also curious about that switchblade compared to the Druid. The switchblade was going to be my next bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 10, 2020 at 20:40 Quote
Honestly I preferred the lighter weight and longer travel of the switchblade.

If I lived somewhere the trails were higher speed and smoother the Druid would easily be my choice. The switchblade just felt a lot better at slower speeds and it also climbed better. I could
Manual the switchblade easier also.

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 6:31 Quote
The druids got much longer rear chainstays so I imagine the switchblade would be easier to manual.

Surprised you felt it climbed better though. What is it, the positioning?

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 19:12 Quote
Very possible the 3lbs of weight and a DHR up front over a Assegai made some difference.

Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
I’m currently looking at selling my Druid frame tomorrow for a new switchblade frame.
You think it’s worth a lateral switch when I’m spending an extra $1000 moving all the parts over?

All my trails are pedaling 100% of the time where I ride

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 5:27 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
I’m currently looking at selling my Druid frame tomorrow for a new switchblade frame.
You think it’s worth a lateral switch when I’m spending an extra $1000 moving all the parts over?

All my trails are pedaling 100% of the time where I ride

I saw your ad, i dont have experience with either bike but if its not comfortable for you to ride (i.e; back pain) then its worth spending to get on something that is comfortable

Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 7:43 Quote
I keep trying to tell myself I’ll push through the pain because this damn Druid’s suspension is so amazing lol

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
you had a blue hightower right? how does the druid compare to that?
i just bought a trail bike but im looking into something for my brother, seems like the druid could be sick

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 13:26 Quote
@tkrumroy - I considered your XL even though I'm only 5'8 but I decided to play it safe and just set my sights on a large. Bought one from a user here on Pinkbike on Monday, now just madly awaiting for it to ship. I've owned and ridden A LOT of bikes, and though I haven't had a chance to physically ride a Druid... I've owned and rode a Norco Aurum HSP 29 for long enough to of seen and kept my eyes on the Druid since it was released. I had sold my Norco and found a Druid that popped up on here, so I bought it. Hopefully have it arrive soon.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 17:52 Quote
austenselk wrote:
@tkrumroy - I considered your XL even though I'm only 5'8 but I decided to play it safe and just set my sights on a large. Bought one from a user here on Pinkbike on Monday, now just madly awaiting for it to ship. I've owned and ridden A LOT of bikes, and though I haven't had a chance to physically ride a Druid... I've owned and rode a Norco Aurum HSP 29 for long enough to of seen and kept my eyes on the Druid since it was released. I had sold my Norco and found a Druid that popped up on here, so I bought it. Hopefully have it arrive soon.

I think I’m going to just keep it and do more physical rehab lol. The bike is incredible.

Posted: Nov 25, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
austenselk wrote:

I think I’m going to just keep it and do more physical rehab lol. The bike is incredible.

Good man. I have high expectations for the Druid, and I’m hoping the weather holds out where I live so that I can get some days in the dirt in before the snow really starts to fall.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:29 Quote
Got my Druid built and rode it last night briefly via two shuttle laps at night. Today I decided to increase my psi in the Fox DPX2 to 180psi and my fork to 7psi.

I ride hard and aggressive, weighing in at 170 with gear. Set up my fork with a 140mm air spring. Hoping to ride in the light on Thursday (if all goes well.)

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 16:39 Quote
austenselk wrote:
Got my Druid built and rode it last night briefly via two shuttle laps at night. Today I decided to increase my psi in the Fox DPX2 to 180psi and my fork to 7psi.

I ride hard and aggressive, weighing in at 170 with gear. Set up my fork with a 140mm air spring. Hoping to ride in the light on Thursday (if all goes well.)

Didn't you have an Evil Offering? interested in seeing how you find the druid in comparison to the offering

Posted: Dec 2, 2020 at 7:41 Quote
newbermuda wrote:
Didn't you have an Evil Offering? interested in seeing how you find the druid in comparison to the offering

Yes, I most certainly did. Which will be the best to compare to the Druid.

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 at 15:54 Quote
Alright, first things first. How to fix the drag that I think I’m feeling as I pedal as I feel sloooooow anytime I’m pedaling whether I’m climbing, riding flat land, or descending. Rode for 5 hours today, having ridden roughly 40 miles today. I’ll leave what I think of it’s climbing and descending characteristics blank for now till I can fix this “dragging”.

32T chainring
12 speed with 52T GX cassette

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014868
Mobile Version of Website