Powered by Outside

Alpine Trail XR

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Alpine Trail XR
Posted: Jan 10, 2021 at 7:23 Quote
No I personally don’t but lots on YouTube!
I will say the bike was great. I never rode downhill like that and the geometry of the bike gave me a lot of confidence. Its only 350 feet of elevation. Which is not a lot but they make the most of it! I don’t regret buying this bike. It was this one or a rift zone. I don’t have a lot to compare it to, since my other bike is a Surly fat bike. My local trails are some what more cross country like but we also have some steep more gnarly ones that look forward to riding more. It’s a bike that will suit me well no matter the terrain. Hope this short review helps!!

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:55 Quote
Well my bike it out of commission for a while. The fork damper setting doesn’t click when you turn it and at the bike Park I didn’t feel like it absorbed the trail chatter much. Still fun for my riding style! So fork is being sent to Rockshock for service/diagnostics. Works out alright now because my local trails are too muddy to ride. Planning trips to Bentonville, Arkansas in March and June. Then a trip to Trestle bike Park in Colorado in July. Really looking forward to all the riding I’m gonna do this summer locally too!!

Has anyone else got their XR yet?

FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 15:15 Quote
Treat wrote:
Well my bike it out of commission for a while. The fork damper setting doesn’t click when you turn it and at the bike Park I didn’t feel like it absorbed the trail chatter much. Still fun for my riding style! So fork is being sent to Rockshock for service/diagnostics. Works out alright now because my local trails are too muddy to ride. Planning trips to Bentonville, Arkansas in March and June. Then a trip to Trestle bike Park in Colorado in July. Really looking forward to all the riding I’m gonna do this summer locally too!!

That's sucks mate!
Mine looks like it's been delayed again due to a massive backlog at the Sydney Wharf and new covid protocols where they have to fumigate the containers.

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
Bummer on the delay!!!
I have 2 San Quentin 24” that are on the water, but the port is backed up 6 weeks. Kinda of a crazy time for sure.
I hope it’s not much longer for you!

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 7:22 Quote
Mine is delayed as well. Not entirely sure how long. I'm not really stressing it as I'll be riding Yukon pretty much exclusively through the end of March anyhow. I'm also waiting on a couple of parts upgrades I wanted to add anyhow. Namely a Chromag Lift saddle/Scarab pedals and Hayes A4 brakes.

FL
Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 16:40 Quote
It's finally here!!
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/20097474/

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
It's finally here!!

Awesome!!! Enjoy!

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 10:25 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
It's finally here!!

How has it been so far? Just got mine and trying to get everything dialed. Would you mind sharing your current fork/shock settings?

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
Finally got to give it a good thrashing today on some enduro trails. It is an absolute beast! So stable and controlled compared to my Rift zone and I managed to get PBs on almost all segments, including one hard climb which I was surprised about.

Suspension wise I've just gone with 25% sag front and back, compression fully open and rebound on the front -8clicks. Feels pretty bloody good to me but will play around as I go.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 7:28 Quote
joshuaphillips wrote:
Finally got to give it a good thrashing today on some enduro trails. It is an absolute beast! So stable and controlled compared to my Rift zone and I managed to get PBs on almost all segments, including one hard climb which I was surprised about.

Suspension wise I've just gone with 25% sag front and back, compression fully open and rebound on the front -8clicks. Feels pretty bloody good to me but will play around as I go.

Do you have any idea how much the bike weighs ? I couldn't find it on their website.

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
Nah, I tried to jump on the scales we had at home but got 6 different measurements. Will try on some different ones later. It's noticeably heavier than my rift zone though.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
Treat wrote:

Rockshock replaced the damper assembly and my bike is back ready to ride. But we have over a foot of snow on the ground so it’s gonna be the fatbike till spring. Gotta trip to Bentonville at the end of March!! Ride a bunch then!!
Enjoy your bikes!

FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
Check out my first ride review if you're interested. https://youtu.be/hld-urmylSo

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 27, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
I've got a size large XR and I'm looking to fit a longer than 150mm dropper in. Has anyone measure the seat tube length and had any luck with a 170 or 200. I'll be going with a PNW Loam dropper which has a full insertion length of 290mm for the 200 and 260 for the 170. Thanks in advance

Posted: Aug 9, 2021 at 3:18 Quote
Shred-BC wrote:
I've got a size large XR and I'm looking to fit a longer than 150mm dropper in. Has anyone measure the seat tube length and had any luck with a 170 or 200. I'll be going with a PNW Loam dropper which has a full insertion length of 290mm for the 200 and 260 for the 170. Thanks in advance

Mate, how tall are you?

I'm right in between L and XL. I'm 191 (6.2') according to the size chart I should be good with L. But I always had XL frames with 480 reach max. XL might be to long...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.048823
Mobile Version of Website