Powered by Outside

Does 2.6 tires on a 25mm rim work?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Does 2.6 tires on a 25mm rim work?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
It's actually not complicated: just put an existing tread from, say, a 2.8" tire on a narrower casing - maybe 2.4".

A little more tread wrap.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
It's actually not complicated: just put an existing tread from, say, a 2.8" tire on a narrower casing - maybe 2.4".

I'm not certain that doing that simple swap would achieve the ride characteristics that they'd want from their sidewalls, but maybe I'm thinking that they're more complicated than they really are.

Posted: Oct 29, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
Explodo wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

I'm not certain that doing that simple swap would achieve the ride characteristics that they'd want from their sidewalls, but maybe I'm thinking that they're more complicated than they really are.

The worst that could happen would be the top of a sidewall reinforcement strip, such as Maxxis' EXO, would be a few millimeters off from its intended location. It may overlap with the base rubber of the tread, for example, which is unnecessary, but not a problem.

O+
Posted: Dec 23, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
2.6 magic mary on a 25mm ex 471 rim = 61mm across the casing and 62mm across the widest knob (SDH casing). 2.4 projekt baron is 60mm across at the widest knob and 57mm across the casing on the same rim.

Posted: Dec 25, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
Would a 29x3” dhf or dhr fit on a 30mm rim and fox 38 fork?

I’m 230lbs and prefer higher psi to not feel like I’m bashing my rim.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013480
Mobile Version of Website