Powered by Outside

Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
I ride with gloves every time. I don't use them for the extra grip, but instead for the hand protection they give. bracing yourself with your hands is much easier with gloves to stop your skin from being torn off.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
jh2010 wrote:
I always wear gloves on every ride.
Is anyone else wearing holes in the index fingers? I have to replace my gloves every couple months due to the index fingers constantly protruding out.

Trim your fingernails, and/or go up one size on your gloves, and/or buy better-quality gloves. Smile

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
the only reason I use gloves is bc I'm cheap and can afford grips lol otherwise I don't care if my hands get beat up it's part of the sport

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 9:35 Quote
Always........i cant imagine going down and having my hands all tore up.....I even wear them when i need to do trail side tire/tube repair.

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 13:07 Quote
Gloves are essential. Even the grippiest grip's your hand's will slip in the rain Eek . Not to mention saves your palms from blisters Beer

FL
Posted: Dec 18, 2021 at 14:29 Quote
Always except when doing any type of bike work before/after the immediate ride.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
I wear gloves when it's cold (below 40)

I recently bought a 'warm weather' set though and may give them a go this summer so I could end up shifting to camp 'all the time'

Posted: Jul 20, 2022 at 17:48 Quote
I always wear gloves, even back in BMX days.
I used to joke : gloves don't make you go faster, but they make me wanna go faster lol

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
Yes, but not bike gloves. I wear rock climbing gloves, no padding, just leather palms and upper part is that sweat absorbing fabric to wipe out sweat from my face..

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
Just a simple pair of Mechanix-Wear is what I use. There are many types available at your local hardware store, and I've often found they perform better than some dedicated MTB gloves.

Posted: Feb 7, 2023 at 6:24 Quote
I wear fox dirt bike gloves. I like the extra palm padding

Posted: Feb 20, 2023 at 4:17 Quote
Been On 2Wheels For 50 yrs ...... Its BETTER If You Do ..... Kinda Like Wearing FlipFlops On the Trails LoL

Posted: Apr 24, 2023 at 0:04 Quote
Been On 2Wheels Since 1968 ..... Trust me Its A Better Idea To Wear Gloves .... they actually STOP You From CRASHING ..... I Have OVER 30000 km in the Dirt .... WEAR GLOVES

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011209
Mobile Version of Website