Powered by Outside

Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Do You Wear Gloves Mountain Biking?
Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Always, I sweat a lot so i sort of have to.

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 16:31 Quote
I only wear gloves when it's cold. Sometime when I'm mtb

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 12:06 Quote
Trying to, as I think it's better to wreck gloves than my hands.

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 11:05 Quote
BMOutdoorz1 wrote:
I am doing a Youtube Video on how many people wear gloves Mountain Biking, whether its Sometimes, every ride, or never just let me know in the replies!

I am not trying to self promote I am just trying to get accurate information so the video is acutely informative and get facts.

If this is self promotion I am not trying to self promote and just tell me and I will take it down!

Just let me know one of the 4 things:
(please also let me know what type of rider you are and where you live)

I always wear gloves on every ride
I sometimes wear gloves
I own gloves but never/rarely wear them
I don't own gloves and never wear gloves

Although I never glove in the gym, I glove on the mountains, weight calouses is expected, mtb injuries are not, also noticed they cool me off when it gets sweaty

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
I’ve slipped handlebars so many times during my years of BMX riding that I’m not taking the risk when I’m flying through sharp rocks and trees. It’s worth it purely for the added grip when my hands sweat, which is to say 99% of the time that I’m riding.

Posted: Aug 5, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
Year round for me. Mostly for branch protection.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 9:15 Quote
I definitely wear gloves. In part this is for comfort but mostly to protect from aggressive foliage and the result of falling off.

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 16:02 Quote
When I first started riding, I didn't wear gloves consistently. As I've progressed I now always wear gloves - I use them for grip and protection. One time I forgot them and I figured it wasn't a big deal but I was wrong. It was a hot evening, my hands were very sweaty and the sweat made it much harder to keep a proper grip. I didn't appreciate the benefits of gloves, in hot weather anyways, until then.

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 8:00 Quote
Always on gloves! Don´t wanna have my hands scratched on a fall and have to keep the unconfortable feeling for at least a week.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2023 at 19:33 Quote
Yes, I had a buddy wreck one time and chewed his hand up badly including tearing some finger nails off... That was lesson learned.

Posted: Mar 14, 2023 at 13:27 Quote
I come from a moto background and almost every single person wears gloves. When I got into MTB it was always weird to me to see guys ride without them. I wear them every ride. I ride Missouri stuff mostly.

Posted: Mar 17, 2023 at 11:07 Quote
the ground is just as unforgiving to bare hands in Missouri as it is in Ohio....Cali....etc... Wink

Posted: Mar 29, 2023 at 10:43 Quote
Always. Even when I did manual labor and had leather hands.

Posted: Mar 29, 2023 at 11:49 Quote
Did the OP ever post the video that they said would be the result of this survey?

Posted: Jun 9, 2023 at 9:53 Quote
BMOutdoorz1 wrote:
I am doing a Youtube Video on how many people wear gloves Mountain Biking, whether its Sometimes, every ride, or never just let me know in the replies!

I am not trying to self promote I am just trying to get accurate information so the video is acutely informative and get facts.

If this is self promotion I am not trying to self promote and just tell me and I will take it down!

Just let me know one of the 4 things:
(please also let me know what type of rider you are and where you live)

I always wear gloves on every ride
I sometimes wear gloves
I own gloves but never/rarely wear them
I don't own gloves and never wear gloves

Like others have mentioned, I wear them on every ride except for around the neighborhood on a family ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024173
Mobile Version of Website