Powered by Outside

We Are One - Arrival

PB Forum :: Other
We Are One - Arrival
FL
Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
numbnuts1977 wrote:
mechatronicjf wrote:
Finally finished setting it up! The frame Ride Wrap install was done very well. Much better than my fork install! Also got the chain guide and a oneup bash. Kinda think this post is a tiny bit too high for me though. I could probably slam a oneup 180, get a bit more drop, and have the perfect seat height. I'll try it out first. I get similar leg extension to my road bike since I got the 170 cranks. Might help on the steep access roads/trails.
Also noticed chipped "paint" on the inside of the frame at the lower shock mount. It doesn't concern me structurally and it's hidden by the lower shock pivot. Just sharing since others might have a similar experience.

Sorry for the mediocre photo.

photo

Looking great! Just finished building mine back up.
photo

Nice! Does the SP1 come with gold hardware and chain? Matches nicely with the fox stuff. Did you have to disassemble your bike?

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
numbnuts1977 wrote:
mechatronicjf wrote:
Finally finished setting it up! The frame Ride Wrap install was done very well. Much better than my fork install! Also got the chain guide and a oneup bash. Kinda think this post is a tiny bit too high for me though. I could probably slam a oneup 180, get a bit more drop, and have the perfect seat height. I'll try it out first. I get similar leg extension to my road bike since I got the 170 cranks. Might help on the steep access roads/trails.
Also noticed chipped "paint" on the inside of the frame at the lower shock mount. It doesn't concern me structurally and it's hidden by the lower shock pivot. Just sharing since others might have a similar experience.

Sorry for the mediocre photo.

photo

photo

Hey, give us a bike check of what you've done with your SP1? - Love to see more bike Pr0n.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 14:03 Quote
photo
[/Quote]

Hey, give us a bike check of what you've done with your SP1? - Love to see more bike Pr0n.[/Quote]

Absolute black oval.
Hope V4 downhill brakes.
Hope 203/180 rotors.
XX1 gold cassette and XX1 gold chain.
Cane Creek EE wings cranks (not in current pic obviously).
Cane Creek Hell Bender BB.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2022 at 19:00 Quote
Please feel free to join our Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/weareonearrival/?ref=share
And let fellow enthusiasts know how you are loving your bike!

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2022 at 21:19 Quote
Just got mine in, here's the unboxing with Downhill Zone's Adam Schaeffer, master wrench who points out lots of attention to detail and industrial design the reviewers miss. Stoked to get the build! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSAmNKEknA

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 20:05 Quote
Anybody here in the heavyweight category with the float x2?
Have one coming and I have heard grumblings its hard to get sag right if you weigh over 200 bills. im creeping up on 215-220 with gear.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 8:04 Quote
suranko wrote:
Have one coming and I have heard grumblings its hard to get sag right if you weigh over 200 bills. im creeping up on 215-220 with gear.

I'm 200-205 with gear and I've spent enough time on mine now to realize its nearly impossible to touch the last 15mm 20% of shock stroke. I have to run 295 PSI to get to the 22-20% desired sag. Running X2 wide open HSC/LSC. Feels great other than the fact that I'm not using all travel. I've confirmed with Tyler at WOA (he is 230lbs) that this is indeed the case with the X2... he has run the Push, EXT, and now on a Formula Mod coil. all great but different in their own way...

Considering coil options now.... Friend and shop owner also got one and he has tested a number of shocks, he like the new Float X more than the X2 (more supple, more active) but he is a smaller guy. Has run the FLoat X, RS, Ohlins TTX Air.... Float X is his favorite so far. I'm trying to decide between the EXT, Push, or Ohlins coil.

Good news is I'll be able to sell the X2 for a pretty penny so better than going push straight from WAO

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
170-170 Arrival was just announced

FL
Posted: Apr 17, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
Made a model on Linkage. Precision is ok. Good enough to see how the suspension trends, but maybe not enough to confirm specific values.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sYgsGFKAFptgm7sipmLeWuwp5vaRGZm4?usp=sharing

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 19, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
mechatronicjf wrote:
Made a model on Linkage. Precision is ok. Good enough to see how the suspension trends, but maybe not enough to confirm specific values.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sYgsGFKAFptgm7sipmLeWuwp5vaRGZm4?usp=sharing

says we need access?

O+ FL
Posted: May 5, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
mkasperzak wrote:
suranko wrote:

I'm 200-205 with gear and I've spent enough time on mine now to realize its nearly impossible to touch the last 15mm 20% of shock stroke. I have to run 295 PSI to get to the 22-20% desired sag. Running X2 wide open HSC/LSC. Feels great other than the fact that I'm not using all travel. I've confirmed with Tyler at WOA (he is 230lbs) that this is indeed the case with the X2... he has run the Push, EXT, and now on a Formula Mod coil. all great but different in their own way...

Considering coil options now.... Friend and shop owner also got one and he has tested a number of shocks, he like the new Float X more than the X2 (more supple, more active) but he is a smaller guy. Has run the FLoat X, RS, Ohlins TTX Air.... Float X is his favorite so far. I'm trying to decide between the EXT, Push, or Ohlins coil.

Good news is I'll be able to sell the X2 for a pretty penny so better than going push straight from WAO

Anyone know of anyone trying a Marzocchi CR? Isn’t it pretty darn close to what the Float X is? And what size of shock do you guys think you’ll need for the 170mm link? I know they said it was gonna require a larger shock for those links but it was never said what size it would be.

O+ FL
Posted: May 8, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
mkasperzak wrote:
suranko wrote:

I'm 160 pounds and have been having some trouble getting the X2 to feel right as well. wasn't using full travel with 20% sag. I tried removing the volume spacer that came in the shock. this seems to help a little. I'm running 225psi in the shock now with the spacer removed to get the sag at around 20%. curious how this bike rides with a coil vs the X2.

Posted: May 9, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
I'm in the 200-205 category. On a Push and it feels like a dream. Stable on the climb, no need for the lockout, but coming down it was smooth, supple, exactly what I imagined it to be.

Previously had an Ohlins TTX Air 2 (152mm) on my last bike and kept it in case I didn't like the coil. I won't be going back. Probably will be offloading it for a 170mm shock when the new links come.

O+
Posted: May 13, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Carlharl wrote:
I'm 160 pounds and have been having some trouble getting the X2 to feel right as well. wasn't using full travel with 20% sag. I tried removing the volume spacer that came in the shock. this seems to help a little. I'm running 225psi in the shock now with the spacer removed to get the sag at around 20%. curious how this bike rides with a coil vs the X2.

I ended up going with the EXT e-Storia and am absolutely loving it. Loads more grip up and down, supple up top, great mid-range and bottom out resistance. Would say the same for any good coil setup.... X2 was just harsh. Bike is still playful, poppy, and efficient. Would recommend going coil for sure.

EXT recommended the e-storia over the regular storia for a number of reasons. it has all the tech/adjustability from both the Arma & Storia. more clicks for HSC,LSC,LSC. Beefier shaft/seals, thicker oil... for heavier/aggressive riders going to require less maintenance. Slight weight penalty but overall it is their premier shock

O+
Posted: May 23, 2022 at 15:18 Quote
Has anyone swapped the X2 out for a DHX2 and if so what sort of spring rate did you ended up using?

Or roughly what weight springs are the push shocks coming with?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018766
Mobile Version of Website