Powered by Outside

2022 jekyll real life ride opinion

PB Forum :: Cannondale
2022 jekyll real life ride opinion
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 5:48 Quote
william765 wrote:
JasenK wrote:
Thinking about getting a Jekyll, surprisingly few comments on here versus other bikes......any more real world reviews? Half tempted with a Gen 5 Slash as another alternative but seems a little bit of a backwards move considering the move to HP bikes :-/

I rode a Jekyll for about a year, heavily upgrading it and changing almost everything to try to make it feel right. After 9 months, I just hated how the bike rode. I've met others who have owned Jekylls and felt the same way. The bike feels like it was designed by engineers rather than riders. In my opinion, that's the best info I can give on it. Currently, I'm riding a 2022 Pivot Firebird that I built up. Compared to the Jekyll, I find it much more nimble, faster, and more enjoyable - just an all-around better bike. As for the Gen 5 Slash, I've only heard good things from owners. However, regarding the Gen 6 slash, I've heard there are some issues with that model based on what i have heard.

Many thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

I've got the classic "grass is greener" issue...thinking the next bike will be transformational but it rarely is in reality! Looking at my Strava times my current Whyte G170 29er is quickest bike I've ridden and this is versus latest Spesh Enduro and Keveno SL too.....

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2023 at 15:05 Quote
I have 2 seasons on my Jekyll. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who was disappointed with the rear end. Just a few weeks ago, I sent the fork and shock out for service and they said there were some issues with the X2's they put on those bikes (limited production) and they gave me a brand new '24 shock. I think there was something fishy going on that they arent saying. Nevertheless, I would recommend EVERY Jek owner to change out that rear shock. I've only had a few rides, but its very different and seems to respond to clicks much differently. I cant tell you how many times I just wanted to throw it down the trail and walk home.

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 14:01 Quote
Hello to everyone!

I'm riding the Jekyll 2021 since September 2023. I can say that the bike swallow everything.. The trails that I'm riding now in Greece are very chunky and steep but also some with flow, rock gardens, small rocks, jumps etc. About the uphill Its not the easiest thing, but it does it very well. Don't forget it's an Enduro!!

I read that some of you complain about the shock. I'm riding the DPX2 performance. Sometimes I really feel that it's something wrong with the compression...

So I would like to ask you which shock do you prefer??

Thank you in advance,

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 0:44 Quote
What shocks are yall running? Also mind posting your fork/shock settings?

Posted: Feb 20, 2024 at 3:24 Quote
Flametops wrote:

Hello! I'm riding ZEB Ultimate 170mm and DPX2 performance. My settings are:

Fork:
65psi
LSC --> 5click
HSC --> 1click

Shock:
200psi
6clicks clockwise

But I'm still searching the best performance for me.

Posted: Feb 21, 2024 at 3:37 Quote
amplaxoublis wrote:
Flametops wrote:

Fork:
65psi
LSC --> 5click
HSC --> 1click

Shock:
200psi
6clicks clockwise

Thanks, what’s your weight?

Posted: Feb 25, 2024 at 10:48 Quote
Flametops wrote:
amplaxoublis wrote:
Flametops wrote:

Fork:
65psi
LSC --> 5click
HSC --> 1click

Shock:
200psi
6clicks clockwise

Thanks, what’s your weight?

I'm 78kg.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012634
Mobile Version of Website