Posted: May 26, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
sykesy wrote:
brazil quite obviously

excellent.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
sykesy wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:
hill has 2 world cup events in quick succession soon, he's not gonna go all out in the us open, to then crash and miss one or even 2 world cups as they are close together.

edit:by injury if you hadn't guessed
thats the type of excuse you get form someone who comes in second. if you dont go all out in every race, then you are wasting your time racing. period.

you really think hill couldn't of won that race if he was 100% going for it
obviously he didnt. like i said before, if he's not going 100% every race, then he is wasting his time or making excuses for himself. you dont become the world champ by not giving every race 100%. hell he won the sol del vista race and that didnt count for any points.
im sorry youre a hill fanboy and your boyfriend didnt win, but thats life. he didnt win last year because of a flat, this year he had no excuse.

Mod
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

thats the type of excuse you get form someone who comes in second. if you dont go all out in every race, then you are wasting your time racing. period.

obviously he didnt. like i said before, if he's not going 100% every race, then he is wasting his time or making excuses for himself. you dont become the world champ by not giving every race 100%. hell he won the sol del vista race and that didnt count for any points.
im sorry youre a hill fanboy and your boyfriend didnt win, but thats life. he didnt win last year because of a flat, this year he had no excuse.

WHAT! Hill is dating you also!

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
kakah wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:

i am and i started a pro-Hill fan club too w/ 10 members so far.
but seriously...i cant stand him and his bushy eyebrows and no-lip-moving-while-he-talks-face. i called him a douchebag everytime he went by...i called kyle strait a douchebag too for beating my friend in the DS.

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

lol

Mod
Posted: May 26, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
kakah wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

i am and i started a pro-Hill fan club too w/ 10 members so far.
but seriously...i cant stand him and his bushy eyebrows and no-lip-moving-while-he-talks-face. i called him a douchebag everytime he went by...i called kyle strait a douchebag too for beating my friend in the DS.

I agree with you about his bushy brows and miming abilities but c'mon, you have to admit that he is the next level. No, he doesn't win everything just most things. More importantly is how he does it, usually by a lot and by hit lines that only work for him or are maybe to burly for others. Did you see the footage from Vigo!?

Anyways....Back to Stevie killing it!Big Grin

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
i guess he is "the next level", but that still doesnt mean i cant hate him.
remember when nico vollouiz dominated every year? when eye brows does that, maybe i will not hate him....as much

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
You can't hate a guy who makes up time on the field in the pouring rain. He's done this sort of thing several times now. Whenever he drifts, he wins or comes pretty damned close. For Christ sake - open your mouth when you speak into the mic!

But last week-end Steve Smith was the MAN!!! Nobody's gonna take that away from him.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 5:15 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:
hill has 2 world cup events in quick succession soon, he's not gonna go all out in the us open, to then crash and miss one or even 2 world cups as they are close together.

edit:by injury if you hadn't guessed

Only Sam really knows if he gave it his all.

As for Steve....that is great news, I told you all ealier this year that Steve would be one to watch for 2008....Guess we'll see how the season ends up, see if Brycland or any of the other young guns have anything for him.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:

nice insult. like i said, next two world cup rounds we'll see if smith beats hill. i am by no means a fanboy i hate australians, arrogant and cocky, listen to hill being interviewed and he sounds like a right idiot and generally has the feeling of 'yep i won...again' compared to say peaty. fact is though, that hill is just stupidly quick and can win any race if he wants

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
sykesy wrote:
deadatbirth wrote:
sykesy wrote:

nice insult. like i said, next two world cup rounds we'll see if smith beats hill. i am by no means a fanboy i hate australians, arrogant and cocky, listen to hill being interviewed and he sounds like a right idiot and generally has the feeling of 'yep i won...again' compared to say peaty. fact is though, that hill is just stupidly quick and can win any race if he wants
youre right, he didnt win because he has two WC races coming up and didnt want to over exert himself.
i dont think Smith is a better overall rider than Hill. its been fairly obvious that no one can catch Hill, and i doubt Steve Smith can do it. granted 1 race he beat Hill, but when has Smith won a major even over Hill?
and I havent really met a cocky or arrogant Aussie

FL
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/June/6.1.0810.48AM03.shtml

Gee Atherton over Hill for the win, and Steve Smith with a most impressive 10th. I think this kid has a bright future ahead.

nate

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
-nate- wrote:
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews/June/6.1.0810.48AM03.shtml

Gee Atherton over Hill for the win, and Steve Smith with a most impressive 10th. I think this kid has a bright future ahead.

nate

I think Hill was just saving himself for the World ChampionshipsRolleyes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017461
Mobile Version of Website