Powered by Outside

How is the turner dhr?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How is the turner dhr?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
konarrider2007 wrote:
bingo intense socom

i can deffinetely say the intene socom is what you should be looking for, but the frame alone is 3000 dollars, and i've yet to see a used one

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
Thats a race frame so unless your getting a new one every year then its not the choice. My buddy rides one and he has broke his chainguide tabs @ the weld and dented the frame in a few spots. It will not stand the test of time like a turner. Also did you know that FRO frames have no warranty?

Posted: Apr 23, 2009 at 5:17 Quote
Came across this thread and would love your input/thoughts. I have been looking at a very old Turner for sale(Year 2001). I am tempted by it because it looks great and is a proven downhill bike. I am also less worried about the age of the frame due to Turners customer service. Can anyone give me their thoughts?

Thanks,
M

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
i have been looking at the 2010 turner's
what are your thoughts?

Posted: Jul 11, 2009 at 23:01 Quote
This thread is old, but I didn't want to start a new one. Has anyone had any issues with the 2008 DHR's single pivot suspension? I have heard single pivot is not very good because it can have issues like brake jack, and pedal bob.. Does the 2008 DHR have any issues with this?

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
from what i have heard, it rails harder than any other bike. it is not a true single pivot. its probably not the best peddler in the world but who cares, its a dh bike. i would get one if i were you. they are super solid.

Posted: Jul 12, 2009 at 16:29 Quote
Sean115 wrote:
This thread is old, but I didn't want to start a new one. Has anyone had any issues with the 2008 DHR's single pivot suspension? I have heard single pivot is not very good because it can have issues like brake jack, and pedal bob.. Does the 2008 DHR have any issues with this?

The biggest gripe I had heard with the 2007 and 2008 DHR frames is the main pivot is needle bearings..... The previous models had needle bearings at the pivots but sealed bearings at the main pivot... Turner went with needle all the way through for the latest models..

They are great bikes though... I love my 2005...and the guys who are on the new models love them also...

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
Yeah i have heard about the bearings. The bike looks really sick except I heard that Turner's sizes are a little smaller than everyone elses. Like a Large DHR is more like a medium V-10. Considering I am 6'4 ish, I want a large bike. Is there anyone out there who is my height and has experienced a problem with their sizing?

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
I have an '08 DHR and I had one side of the main pivot shear off. Which sucks, but after calling Turner they had a free replacement to me in less than a week. The bike rides so well and the frame itself is so strong yet light that any minor pivot issues seem unimportant. When well maintained this bike is unreal, amazing to jump, yet can plow with the best of them. It almost seems like a shame they're switching to the DW linkage, the bike's so right the way it is.

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
Just got my 08 dhr on the first ride today. it pedals extremely well, and gets no brake jack. i rode it on a trail where brake jack would be noticed... and i had absolutely none. it also, surprisingly enough, climbs really well. I love the bike... its so sweet. I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone is considering... go for the dhr.

FL
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
i have had 2 i like them so much, best race bike on the market...until the 2010 dhr maybe. but its a super fast bike jumps great and rides like its 20lbs. i highly recommend them

Posted: May 15, 2010 at 15:20 Quote
photo
2008 Turner DHR
Fox DHX 5.0
Fox 40 RC2 WC
Chris King Headset
WTB Laserdisc Hubs
Mavic 823's
Formula Oro K24
MRP G2
Sunline DM Stem
Truvative Boobar
Sram X.0 Shifter
Sram X.9 Derailleur
SDG I-Fly
SDG I-Beam
Shimano Saint Crankset
Shimano Ultegra Cassette
Sram PG-991 Chain
Michelin DH 24 Rear
Michelin DH 32 Front
Atomlab Aircorp Pedals

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.466520
Mobile Version of Website