Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I was adding in another point of view, as all other points up until mine were about how good it was. Just my 2 cents as it were.

As for single pivot, it doesn't brake well at all, though it can be remedied with a floating brake attachment. On the same note, I personally like how many single pivot bikes track the terrain through their travel.

surprisingly enough, i didnt notice too much brake jack, like i said the only abusive ride ive had on it is in whistler. which i believe is a good test Smile

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
Fair enough. Did yours have a floater?

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
My Blindside is perfect for my style of riding. In races it has saved me more times than I can recall in the rough chunder, off of big booting jumps it feels incredibly balanced, in corners it is solid enough to lay flat at high speeds and it is lighter than my steel single speed hardtail. And the price is the icing on the cake. I'd recommend it to anyone.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2094832/

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
sherbet wrote:

nope, haha.

but everyones got there own views on the subject.

and some people brake more than others. generally theres no brake jack unless your skidding, and thats always something i try to avoid, haha.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
i ride my blindside for DH. im not amazing but it works like any DH bike should. the best one ive tryed( except the M3 of course). but it can also double up as a freeride bike. well worth it. and its a ton cheeper than all of the top of the line $3000 frames and is half the price with basically the same performance.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
ErenG wrote:
sherbet wrote:

nope, haha.

but everyones got there own views on the subject.

and some people brake more than others. generally theres no brake jack unless your skidding, and thats always something i try to avoid, haha.

There's brake jack without skidding, and brake jack actually normally results in more skidding than a floating style brake.

Posted: Jul 3, 2008 at 2:43 Quote
idrinkpabst wrote:
My Blindside is perfect for my style of riding. In races it has saved me more times than I can recall in the rough chunder, off of big booting jumps it feels incredibly balanced, in corners it is solid enough to lay flat at high speeds and it is lighter than my steel single speed hardtail. And the price is the icing on the cake. I'd recommend it to anyone.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2094832/

Yes, that's one of the facts: the frame with a DHX5 stands 1650 euros (previously I mad a mistake). Probably I can get it for 1500 euros. It's one of the cheapest frame with a DH geometry and features. But it has great spec. I won't have the chance to test it before buying 'cause there're no retailers in Italy and the italian dealer order it only if purchased.
Also the Intense Socom got the shock in an higher position but in Italy is one of the more appreciated DH bike. I know it has nothing in common with the "simple" linkage of the Blindside.
The competirors of the Blindside consider my pocket are Commencal supreme DH, which I don't like aestetically, and an Orange 224 italian copy which should perform the same of 224 but in fact weights more than 1kg over and don't have the same finishing work.
About brake jack I'm not so worried. I was used to ride hardtails in lots of situations with the rear wheel shaking but I find it funny in some way.

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 2:21 Quote
The Blindside frame has bean awesome so far! The ride feels like a bottle rocket whit loads more suspension. I'm riding a S frame with Boxxer Wc and Vivid. The geometry of the frame is good easy to throw a round and its pretty stable in high speeds. The frame is simple but works grate! Suspension is very active and works grate on small to big bumps.(feels bottomless) Zeros stack headset and boxxer fork and you get the bottom bracket height lower than on the geometry table in transition web site. (My is at 35cm). Compared to the Scott High octane the Blindside is way more superior in every way and compared to my friends M3 its easier to ride slow corners and pedals better and in high speeds it rides as good. M3 is a bit more stable in the back do to the 150mm hub. But the Blindside is lighter and a lot more fun to ride!

Posted: Jul 6, 2008 at 2:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Lucky 7, for sure. 2500 for a complete bike, with a frame that's superior to a Blindside in every way.
lucky 7's are the sexiest bikes ive ever laid eyes on.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
here's a pretty decent review of the blindside: http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2008-transition-blindside/

says it's great for the price. but the chainstays are long and flexy. the shock is also high, which lots of pure DH bikes put the shock lower for the center of gravity. on the transition website they've got videos of thier riders doing 360's and backflips w/ them. i dont think they have too much trouble moving the bike around. i've never ridden one myself.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
if you want a simple well rounded, easily maintainable fr/dh bike you need to get a blindside. Ive had mine since march and do not regret not spending my money elsewhere. It can stand up tp anyhting and despite what others have said, this frame kicks a** when the flow turns into sketch. It can jump, turn, drop, and do whatever surprisingly well. Its flickable yet stable, and like i said it can do anything you want (except to go uphill). I built mine with a fox 40 and truvativ oct stuff and its at 39-40 lbs.

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 1:01 Quote
heaps of people here have them for downhill and they are some of the fastest in the country so that says something

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 1:03 Quote
ManDan wrote:
heaps of people here have them for downhill and they are some of the fastest in the country so that says something

realy? are there tons of people with sundays like there are here too?

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 1:10 Quote
superbarnes65 wrote:
ManDan wrote:

realy? are there tons of people with sundays like there are here too?
i dont know if your being sarcastic but Danman is right

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 6:33 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.

um thats incorrect the weigh about the same ass any stock ironhorse besides the world cup but if youv got the exta 2000 lieing round then yea. the cranks annd botoom braket and on the blindside very low thus bringn the center ov gravity lower making it rail corners better.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016130
Mobile Version of Website