Powered by Outside

Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
i send my 08 888's in an received new lowers no questions asked

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
horrorbike wrote:
Yea, I was recently told that the play is on all Marzocchi forks after they went to the 38mm(or whatever) stantions in 2008, and that you can't do anything about it - from the Marzocchi Shop in Vancouver. But the creaking is part of the warranty.
I also keep hearing mixed viewpoints on the bushing play, some people get the play warrantied with new lowers and others do not. What is really going on???

Before getting my recent Boxxers I had this exact same question but despite my best efforts I could not get a straight answer. As you mentioned, some got warranty coverage while others were told there was nothing that could be done? Plus there were people who got warranty coverage because of this bushing play but still had the same darn problems after getting their forks back from Marzocchi? It was specifically these issues that swayed me over to my new Boxxers! Getting brand new high-end forks is a huge investment for some of us and I just couldn't imagine being screwed half-way through the season with major bushing play and no warranty coverage!

mkitsis2 - Did you get the forks back yet and if so are they good to go for the new season? If they are back are you happy with the service work they did?

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:28 Quote
[Quote="TerminusAvid"]
horrorbike wrote:

mkitsis2 - Did you get the forks back yet and if so are they good to go for the new season? If they are back are you happy with the service work they did?
I got them back along time ago it was a super fast turn around. They felt great when I got them back but i already sold them, now I have to decide whether or not to get a new boxxer team or totem solo air

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 12:38 Quote
That is going to be a tough decision and one I just went through myself! Both forks are great in my opinion so I guess it comes down to what kind of riding you'll be doing most? Keep us posted on what you do!

O+
Posted: May 5, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
My '08 creak like a bastard. I thought it was my headset for awhile ........the performance seems ok, I wonder if i should even bother sending them in if its not really going to fix it. Has anyone had theirs sucessfully repaired??

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
Darkstar, yea u can get that creaking fixed on the warranty - hopefully it should fix the problem for your forks. I couldn't stand the noise and it got worse. But to answer your question, no, mine are still pooped but should have it sorted for good soon.

Posted: May 5, 2009 at 16:57 Quote
somebody knows if the 888 is the same i have put apart now and i feel a big loose in the stanchion i dont have the seal on so the play look like it a lot itès bad to says but i dont think ièm gonna buy a another marzocchi product for a while. just to see what gonna happens whit the warraty but dont have alot of hope

Posted: May 16, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
Marzocchi was bought out by Tenneco last year,

I found this online(forget where)

"Tenneco Acquires Suspension Business of Gruppo Marzocchi
Written by CRM News
Tuesday, 02 September 2008
LAKE FOREST, IL -- September 2, 2008 --
Tenneco has completed the acquisition of the suspension business of Gruppo Marzocchi,
supplier of suspension technology and products in the two-wheeler market.

The acquisition was made through Tenneco’s assumption of the debt associated
with Marzocchi’s suspension business, which was approximately $15 million as of April 30, 2008.

The acquisition of the Gruppo Marzocchi suspension business includes a manufacturing
facility in Bologna, Italy that will be leased by Tenneco;
associated engineering and intellectual property; the Marzocchi brand name;
sales, marketing and customer service operations in Canada and the United States;
and purchasing and sales operations in Taiwan."

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
iforgot wrote:

Written by CRM News
Tenneco has completed the acquisition of the suspension business of Gruppo Marzocchi,

with Marzocchi’s suspension business, which was approximately $15 million as of April 30, 2008.

The acquisition of the Gruppo Marzocchi suspension business includes a manufacturing
sales, marketing and customer service operations in Canada and the United States;

Great... now theres some retards building our forks....
This really is bullshit... how do I begin the warranty process anyway??
Or should I just sell the mofo and get a new fork?

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
Augury wrote:
iforgot wrote:

Written by CRM News

begin by sending it to your LBS with your purchacing info. tell your LBS that your fork needs some warranty work done on it... your LBS should take it from there and send it to your local marzocchi distrubuter

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
schiz wrote:
Augury wrote:
iforgot wrote:

Written by CRM News

begin by sending it to your LBS with your purchacing info. tell your LBS that your fork needs some warranty work done on it... your LBS should take it from there and send it to your local marzocchi distrubuter

Ive talked to my local bike shop. First, they said it was my stem that was making the noise. Then they said it was my springs, and told me to leave. I brought it back yesterday, and they said that its topping out because i SET MY REBOUND TO MAX, and they they "fixed it for me." Not only are they saying im a dumbass, but they are claiming to be doing me a favor. They also claim that this issue is standard, and they are supposed to make extremely loud noises.
I WISH my LBS would 'take it from there,' but I cant even get them to admit theres a problem at all.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
Augury wrote:
schiz wrote:
Augury wrote:

Ive talked to my local bike shop. First, they said it was my stem that was making the noise. Then they said it was my springs, and told me to leave. I brought it back yesterday, and they said that its topping out because i SET MY REBOUND TO MAX, and they they "fixed it for me." Not only are they saying im a dumbass, but they are claiming to be doing me a favor. They also claim that this issue is standard, and they are supposed to make extremely loud noises.
I WISH my LBS would 'take it from there,' but I cant even get them to admit theres a problem at all.

then take it to a different bike shop

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
Yeah thats crap .... creaking from your fork is NOT normal. Esp a "high end" fork. Please.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
im having same problem, i hear "click" when braking strong front brake. like it just bend in that point. dont trust it enymore, getting for now 888, and sending 66 to factory.. i will soon get fox 40, or boxxer..

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
I had nothing wrong with my 08 888rc3 and then the tech guy at marzocchi told me I was fine then called back and had a take my bike and send fork in and once I got it back I head clink everytime I hit the tire on the ground or whatever like rod inside is just tapping the inside?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037885
Mobile Version of Website