Powered by Outside

POD(To much DH and the Pics are to Bland)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
POD(To much DH and the Pics are to Bland)
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 3:09 Quote
highflyin12 wrote:
bigitspizzec wrote:
all dj pics are the same
a trick ussually similar off of a double ranging from 10-20 feet, oo how interesting...not
yeah but the downhill shit is just people taking berms or a rock garden everytime
well, if you imply its easy, its not, its less skills but you need to refine them so much it gets about equal to bmx, not saying one is harder than the other, it would help if you at least photoshopped a helmet on tho Wink

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
thats pure genious lol im gonna photo shop a helmet onto my pics lol good one man but to what the other guy said ya DH is prety cool but after seeing all the shots being taken form it gets a lil neeehhhWhip

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
Galador wrote:
I didnt think they carred about that im pretty sure they just pick pictures that deserve it.

Whether a rider is wearing a helmet does make a difference. I've seen many good shots that were passed over because of a lack of a helmet. What they're trying to do is reinforce the importance of wearing your safety gear. So if people want to make POD, they're going to have to wear it to insure that they will be considered.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 4:50 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
theres nothign sweeter than a huge dump or seenin the roost off a sweet turn
Really? i think flairs would look cooler...

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 5:20 Quote
well you cant really get a epic shot of a roadie can you?

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 5:29 Quote
matt- wrote:
well you cant really get a epic shot of a roadie can you?

Have you ever seen the pictures that come from decades of coverage from a little race known as the Tour De France?

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 5:39 Quote
but how many of them have been POD in comparison to dj and dh though?

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
matt- wrote:
but how many of them have been POD in comparison to dj and dh though?

Well lets look at current numbers and its clear that road photos on this site don't stand a chance of making POD largely because this is a freeride based site and that's what people want to see. I would say its safe to say that there are about as many freeriding uploads weekly as there have ever been road photos.

Current photo numbers:

Freeriding 470682
DH Racing 111362
XC Riding 35238
Dirt Jumping 283603
Street/Park 106630
BMX 24367
Observed BikeTrials 4965
Road Riding 4682

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 6:00 Quote
thats what im trying to get at, 90% of pinkbike consist of kids that dj and love sam hill. theres about 400 threads on "best dj bike" or "khs vs v-10"

anyways....just trying to say that theres mostly dj and dh pods b/c thats what is popular among many pb'ers.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 6:22 Quote
emmm hmm really the berm pics get old its the same thing over and over again...not so cool but all the dj pics are just mfcc over again, its just that we all are going to have get used to each other

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 8:09 Quote
That-Norco-Dude wrote:
theres nothign sweeter than a huge dump or seenin the roost off a sweet turn

I lol'd!

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Have you ever seen the pictures that come from decades of coverage from a little race known as the Tour De France?

Well, I remember this one photo of the Tour De France, and there was this guy named Dave Watson jumping over the road.

Oh wait, that's still freeriding. MY BAD.

lol

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
What do you think of this for a POD, feedback greatly appreciated:Beer
photo

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
soccerbiker wrote:
What do you think of this for a POD, feedback greatly appreciated:Beer
photo

Hehehehe I'm not gonna ask how he got in there,but as far as it being POD I would think maybye,sure the guy in that thing stands out but he's not realy doing anything spectacular.>

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015922
Mobile Version of Website